:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

Originally Posted by acidicality

^it's hard to believe that, but it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility. it's just impossible to believe in this team, because it's the same *$%+ every year. At least we got out of the harder part of the schedule, but it's still heartbreaking how we lost the games vs. New Orleans and Atlanta.

i agree with that,  maybe i'm reaching to be positive but i looked at the rest of the nfc west schedule and no team should be better then .500 after the next 4 games.  im dead serious about them winning the next 4 games but even if they were to only win 3 of them and be 3-5 they'd be with the same record they were at last year midway through but playing better football as the season goes on compared to last year where they regressed, and unlike last year there's no real good team in the division like how the cardinals were last year. 

about the part regarding the hardest part of the schedule, i honestly thought they'd be 1-3 right now when i saw the schedule back in april with them,  beating seattle and losing to the saints, chiefs, and falcons but i also saw how the schedule softens up for the most part the rest of the way through

ill further go in on my statement about them winning the next 4 games,  if you look at the schedule, their next 7 games are all winnable games with tampa, the rams, @carolina, and the raiders all being games they should win for sure.   they should win at least 1 of these 3 games  @arizona    denver in london (if it was a real home game i'd like their chances more), and philly   so if they win the 4 games they should for sure win and at the very least win 1 of the games they should win between arizona, denver, and philly, at the very worst they would be 5-6  and with arizona, seattle, and st louis all having tougher schedules over the next few months and a 2 game difference not being an impossible hole to dig with them as your competition i have hope in that extent.

the loss hurts because had they won today they would only be 1 game out in the divison but F it, it's done they got philly at the perfect time and i think they'll be ready on sunday.

lastly here's some positive stats that show it's possible to turn things around.   if they implode and play like crap stoneface me away and tear me a new one but with the nfc west being as crappy as it is and only being 2 games back i see their being hope.

2004 bills started 0-4  finished 9-7    
2009 titans started 0-6  finished 8-8
2001 ******** started 0-5 finished 8-8
2008 chargers were 4-8   3 games back with 3 to go  won the divison at 8-8 and won a playoff game

samuel and allen will go interception crazy against alex "i shoulda been a bowler" smith

samuel and allen will go interception crazy against alex "i shoulda been a bowler" smith

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers
5922543e67b91a0e43e26814f2554b0991b3088.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
our dude Sing lookin homicidal

Is there a way you guys can sign Jeff Garcia for the rest of the year?

Or is there anyone else some of you have in mind that can come in and help the team right now?

Or is there anyone else some of you have in mind that can come in and help the team right now?

From that list from what I remember, last year with the Titans, Chris Johnson with that historic year, when I saw him single handedly driving the Titans down the field against the 49ers
sick.gif
and that switch to Vince Young gave them the boost they needed to get to 8-8, they were a 13-3 team the year before. The Chargers, they had a pretty hard schedule at the beginning, also was that the year with that bad call that cost them the game against the Broncos? So they should have had a 5-7 record going into December and the rest of the games were pretty easy, also Rivers had an amazing season. I have no confidence that I see the 49ers winning every winnable game, I'm expecting them to go 6-6 the rest of the way and end the season 6-10, though we match up well against the Cardinals, so 7-9 is doable, how bad this division is, the 49ers best case imo is 7-9 and making the playoffs. Basically it all comes down to whoever is our QB and if they can win us games, I just don't see Smith being that QB that can week after week help us win games.

From that list from what I remember, last year with the Titans, Chris Johnson with that historic year, when I saw him single handedly driving the Titans down the field against the 49ers
sick.gif
and that switch to Vince Young gave them the boost they needed to get to 8-8, they were a 13-3 team the year before. The Chargers, they had a pretty hard schedule at the beginning, also was that the year with that bad call that cost them the game against the Broncos? So they should have had a 5-7 record going into December and the rest of the games were pretty easy, also Rivers had an amazing season. I have no confidence that I see the 49ers winning every winnable game, I'm expecting them to go 6-6 the rest of the way and end the season 6-10, though we match up well against the Cardinals, so 7-9 is doable, how bad this division is, the 49ers best case imo is 7-9 and making the playoffs. Basically it all comes down to whoever is our QB and if they can win us games, I just don't see Smith being that QB that can week after week help us win games.

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

sick.gif
i gotta agree with that one. all i know is those dudes better be putting in some work between now and sunday night. i have no clue why i'm so positive about the team when i know damn well i shouldn't be but whatever, im just glad that they've only played 1 divisonal game during this streak so they'll have oppurtunities to catch up when they play those division games.

Originally Posted by Periwinkle

sick.gif
i gotta agree with that one. all i know is those dudes better be putting in some work between now and sunday night. i have no clue why i'm so positive about the team when i know damn well i shouldn't be but whatever, im just glad that they've only played 1 divisonal game during this streak so they'll have oppurtunities to catch up when they play those division games.

2008 chargers were 4-8   3 games back with 3 to go  won the divison at 8-8 and won a playoff game
i see your faith is up man but....

i just dont see with smith being our QB

frown.gif

i see your faith is up man but....

i just dont see with smith being our QB

frown.gif

Let me also point out that Anthony Davis was still a bad draft pick.

I don't ever see him as our starting LT, and reaching for him and trading away another draft pick was terrible.

Anyways, this team has a lot of work.

Same story with them, different year.

Hopefully, we can find a little Luck.

I don't ever see him as our starting LT, and reaching for him and trading away another draft pick was terrible.

Anyways, this team has a lot of work.

Same story with them, different year.

Hopefully, we can find a little Luck.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Jeff Garcia?
laugh.gif

There's a reason why Jeff hasn't played in the NFL in  2 seasons and its the same reason why Alex Smith shouldn't be playing in the NFL. There will be no QB change for the Niners unless they go 0-8 like 100Proof suggested.
Really? I thought he played decent yesterday. Much better than Joe Staley, A. Davis had the block that sprung VD for the touchdown. I don't think u can judge from only 4 pro games.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Jeff Garcia?
laugh.gif

There's a reason why Jeff hasn't played in the NFL in  2 seasons and its the same reason why Alex Smith shouldn't be playing in the NFL. There will be no QB change for the Niners unless they go 0-8 like 100Proof suggested.
Really? I thought he played decent yesterday. Much better than Joe Staley, A. Davis had the block that sprung VD for the touchdown. I don't think u can judge from only 4 pro games.

Back
Top Bottom