:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

Yuku
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Andrew Luck is not the answer.

Why isnt he the answer?  Have you ever seen him play? 
(I am assuming you say he isnt the answer because we wont have the #1 pick.  Right?)

(I am assuming you say he isnt the answer because we wont have the #1 pick.  Right?)

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

2004 bills started 0-4  finished 9-7    
2009 titans started 0-6  finished 8-8
2001 ******** started 0-5 finished 8-8
2008 chargers were 4-8   3 games back with 3 to go  won the divison at 8-8 and won a playoff game
i see your faith is up man but....

i just dont see with smith being our QB

frown.gif

i feel you but those teams had a past their prime drew bledsoe, tony banks,  vince young who's decent but going from 0-6 to 8-8 by anyone is impressive, and phillip rivers who i would expect to play good.

you wait from early january to september for football season to get here and i can't accept waiting 8 months for another fail season especially when this is the year they should win it by default because the other teams in the west are crap.

now if in about a month the team is still going nowhere and nowhere fast, im gonna say to hell with being positive and start focusing on lakers basketball.
laugh.gif

if the 49ers don't get their stuff together though, i can seriously see the rams messing around and winning the divison though if bradford continues to show progress this year.  the seahawks can't win on the road and they look horrible whenever they play on the road, and arizona has just looked flat and is a few plays away from being in the same 0-4 hole the 49ers are in.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

2004 bills started 0-4  finished 9-7    
2009 titans started 0-6  finished 8-8
2001 ******** started 0-5 finished 8-8
2008 chargers were 4-8   3 games back with 3 to go  won the divison at 8-8 and won a playoff game
i see your faith is up man but....

i just dont see with smith being our QB

frown.gif

i feel you but those teams had a past their prime drew bledsoe, tony banks,  vince young who's decent but going from 0-6 to 8-8 by anyone is impressive, and phillip rivers who i would expect to play good.

you wait from early january to september for football season to get here and i can't accept waiting 8 months for another fail season especially when this is the year they should win it by default because the other teams in the west are crap.

now if in about a month the team is still going nowhere and nowhere fast, im gonna say to hell with being positive and start focusing on lakers basketball.
laugh.gif

if the 49ers don't get their stuff together though, i can seriously see the rams messing around and winning the divison though if bradford continues to show progress this year.  the seahawks can't win on the road and they look horrible whenever they play on the road, and arizona has just looked flat and is a few plays away from being in the same 0-4 hole the 49ers are in.

i now want the 49ers to do nothing but win against the best teams by the narrowest of margins, and lose in incredible fashion against the worst teams.

GET IT DONE 49ERS

i now want the 49ers to do nothing but win against the best teams by the narrowest of margins, and lose in incredible fashion against the worst teams.

GET IT DONE 49ERS

Originally Posted by dland24

this.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Let me also point out that Anthony Davis was still a bad draft pick.
Imma have to disagree with you BN.  Yeah, they didnt have to reach to get him, but i think anthony have been playing decent.  All of his mistakes are correctable for the most part.
He's quick off the line and can hold his own.  (besides the time when he was put on an island in Indy)

Originally Posted by dland24

this.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Let me also point out that Anthony Davis was still a bad draft pick.
Imma have to disagree with you BN.  Yeah, they didnt have to reach to get him, but i think anthony have been playing decent.  All of his mistakes are correctable for the most part.
He's quick off the line and can hold his own.  (besides the time when he was put on an island in Indy)

I think Luck will be very good as a pro, but we won't be bad enough to get him. I think he should stay in school another year, anyway. I wish he'd leave as a Cal fan, but for his career he's best sticking to school and getting better. Brent Musberger hyped Luck up like crazy by calling him "maybe the best college QB since Peyton Manning"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Davis and Iupati have been playing alright IMO, especially for rookies. They'll be alright.

I think Luck will be very good as a pro, but we won't be bad enough to get him. I think he should stay in school another year, anyway. I wish he'd leave as a Cal fan, but for his career he's best sticking to school and getting better. Brent Musberger hyped Luck up like crazy by calling him "maybe the best college QB since Peyton Manning"
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Davis and Iupati have been playing alright IMO, especially for rookies. They'll be alright.

It will be interesting to see what QB's declare this year... Foles & Luck could both enter or both could return to school.  Luck would be stupid to return to school as good as he is because you never know what can happen to your draft stock (Mays two years ago, and Locker this year).

And as for Iupati and Davis, they are rookie lineman.  Hell, Davis is only 20 years old!  They are only going to get better as the season goes on let alone as their careers progress.  They've had their bumps but that was expected. 

Anyway, we can still win the division amazingly because the NFC West is
sick.gif
 and honestly our schedule has been pretty tough in the early going.  I think we will beat the Eagles Sunday night and that will give us momentum into a pretty easy stretch of games...

It will be interesting to see what QB's declare this year... Foles & Luck could both enter or both could return to school.  Luck would be stupid to return to school as good as he is because you never know what can happen to your draft stock (Mays two years ago, and Locker this year).

And as for Iupati and Davis, they are rookie lineman.  Hell, Davis is only 20 years old!  They are only going to get better as the season goes on let alone as their careers progress.  They've had their bumps but that was expected. 

Anyway, we can still win the division amazingly because the NFC West is
sick.gif
 and honestly our schedule has been pretty tough in the early going.  I think we will beat the Eagles Sunday night and that will give us momentum into a pretty easy stretch of games...

I see Smith having a good game on Sunday, since we are at home. But if he chokes this one. I'll be out there with my scope(and I'm not talking about mouthwash) . lol

I was a little worried about vick, but now that he is out and kolb in. The D won't have to worried about the qb running.

I think they should get the ball to VD more and that will open up Crabs and morgan. Not enough of VD on sportcenter.

It was funny when the announcer were talking about Smith having the best qb mechanics and then you see him do everything wrong, like jumping and throwing the ball and staring down recievers. 

This feels like I'm reading a book and I just want to skip to the ending to see how it finishes.    

I see Smith having a good game on Sunday, since we are at home. But if he chokes this one. I'll be out there with my scope(and I'm not talking about mouthwash) . lol

I was a little worried about vick, but now that he is out and kolb in. The D won't have to worried about the qb running.

I think they should get the ball to VD more and that will open up Crabs and morgan. Not enough of VD on sportcenter.

It was funny when the announcer were talking about Smith having the best qb mechanics and then you see him do everything wrong, like jumping and throwing the ball and staring down recievers. 

This feels like I'm reading a book and I just want to skip to the ending to see how it finishes.    

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
pixel.gif
[/td][td]
pixel.gif

SI.com's Peter King writes that the Bengals might think about cutting Carson Palmer after the season.

It's just speculation on King's part, but he points out that the Bengals could get out from under the $53 million owed to Palmer over the next four years without it counting anything against the salary cap. Palmer's declining play certainly makes it a possibility.
[/td][/tr][/table]

would people be opposed to Carson Palmer donning a 49ers jersey?

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
pixel.gif
[/td][td]
pixel.gif

SI.com's Peter King writes that the Bengals might think about cutting Carson Palmer after the season.

It's just speculation on King's part, but he points out that the Bengals could get out from under the $53 million owed to Palmer over the next four years without it counting anything against the salary cap. Palmer's declining play certainly makes it a possibility.
[/td][/tr][/table]

would people be opposed to Carson Palmer donning a 49ers jersey?

49ers released SS Michael Lewis.

Rookie Taylor Mays will close out the year as San Francisco's starting strong safety, with Reggie Smith as No. 3, behind also FS Dashon Goldson. Lewis, 30, will appeal only to teams willing to use a coverage-deficient DB in the back end. The former Eagle was also missing a lot of tackles early on.

49ers released SS Michael Lewis.

Rookie Taylor Mays will close out the year as San Francisco's starting strong safety, with Reggie Smith as No. 3, behind also FS Dashon Goldson. Lewis, 30, will appeal only to teams willing to use a coverage-deficient DB in the back end. The former Eagle was also missing a lot of tackles early on.

Back
Top Bottom