:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

Troy gettiin' some love from Jed York and the team after the game, plus 2 haters in the back.
p2et3.jpg

roll.gif
@ them 2 bums in the back

Troy gettiin' some love from Jed York and the team after the game, plus 2 haters in the back.
p2et3.jpg

roll.gif
@ them 2 bums in the back

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Is your man-crush on Alex Smith fading away?
Troy acceled on a few plays that Alex would've usually messed up on. It was most notable on the one when Troy almost got sacked and threw for a completition while falling to the ground. Alex probably would've fumbled that. Troy doesn't panic, he reacts. However, I still believe Alex is the superior quarterback until Troy Smith gets a little more time with the first team and playbook. It's also harder to gameplay against someone you barely have tape on.

Troy acceled on a few plays that Alex would've usually messed up on. It was most notable on the one when Troy almost got sacked and threw for a completition while falling to the ground. Alex probably would've fumbled that. Troy doesn't panic, he reacts. However, I still believe Alex is the superior quarterback until Troy Smith gets a little more time with the first team and playbook. It's also harder to gameplay against someone you barely have tape on.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Keep talking like that champ and your gameday thread privileges will be taken from you.................your decision.

Keep talking like that champ and your gameday thread privileges will be taken from you.................your decision.

This.
If Troy is the starter clearly the bye week would help him learn more of the playbook. I don't think we will see anymore of Carr this season. I think Troy starts against St. Louis by I have a feeling we will be seeing that other Smith sooner than later.

This.
If Troy is the starter clearly the bye week would help him learn more of the playbook. I don't think we will see anymore of Carr this season. I think Troy starts against St. Louis by I have a feeling we will be seeing that other Smith sooner than later.

My couple of nonpartisan thoughts:

Troy was probably given a very limited role in the first half for numerous reasons, which is fine given the Broncos run defense. Glad to see they didn't go ultra conservative in the 2nd half, though I'm confused as to why Gore wasn't in on one of their final possessions? Was he hurt?

Good to get Troy Smith game snaps before the bye week, hopefully he can get more of the play book down and build with not only teammates but the OC.

Now there's film on him, so let's see how he does when other teams can have more of a game plan and preparation.

My couple of nonpartisan thoughts:

Troy was probably given a very limited role in the first half for numerous reasons, which is fine given the Broncos run defense. Glad to see they didn't go ultra conservative in the 2nd half, though I'm confused as to why Gore wasn't in on one of their final possessions? Was he hurt?

Good to get Troy Smith game snaps before the bye week, hopefully he can get more of the play book down and build with not only teammates but the OC.

Now there's film on him, so let's see how he does when other teams can have more of a game plan and preparation.

I understand the gametape comment, but to me, its whatever. There is always some excuse when it comes to Alex Smith. I just dont get it. Alex plays like %%@@, and its someone else's fault (oline, oc, wrs, etc). Troy Smith comes in and does a great job, and its because Denver doesnt have tape on him.

When will people realize that Alex just sucks, and there are better people out there for the job? Game tape or not, Troy has won as many games in one try as Alex has in seven. That should be clear enough.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

laugh.gif
I never said Troy Smith isn't good, but it was just one game. If Troy Smith does indeed start the next game, our season could collapse just as easily like it did with Alex at the helm.

Please read thoroughly before making stupid comments. I clearly stated that Troy Smith has a chance to overtake Alex Smith.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

laugh.gif
I never said Troy Smith isn't good, but it was just one game. If Troy Smith does indeed start the next game, our season could collapse just as easily like it did with Alex at the helm.

Please read thoroughly before making stupid comments. I clearly stated that Troy Smith has a chance to overtake Alex Smith.

Troy showed much better pocket presence than Alex did, he knows how to extend plays without getting sacked.

At this point, he should overtake Smith until he proves otherwise.

Troy showed much better pocket presence than Alex did, he knows how to extend plays without getting sacked.

At this point, he should overtake Smith until he proves otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom