:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2010-2011 Regular Season Thread-Sing Fired:::

i hope this injury doesnt end gores career

i cant believe we are still alive in this division, but then again its the nfc west

i hope this injury doesnt end gores career

i cant believe we are still alive in this division, but then again its the nfc west

MaioccoCSN The 49ers also waived K Shane Andrus, the club announced, which means they have an additional roster spot to fill.
laugh.gif
Dude was trash

MaioccoCSN The 49ers also waived K Shane Andrus, the club announced, which means they have an additional roster spot to fill.
laugh.gif
Dude was trash

Reposted from the game thread I hope to have pics up later:

Went to this game last night...needless to say I had a good time

So at the hotel right before the game had a reallllllllll awkward elevator ride with Alex Smith.  I wanted to say "good luck out there" or something along those lines but I feel like he would have been pissed off since he's not the starter and all
laugh.gif

Met Steve Young right before the game next to the stage where they broadcast from and damn, does he have a big ol' bald spot.  No wonder you never see him turn around.  Good dude though talked to my girl about babysitting her and told him I just drove up for the game.

As far as the fans go it was AT LEAST 50-50.  By the end of the game it was looking like Candlestick...a half-empty stadium filled with 49er fans.

After the game I saw Gore on crutches and talking to Rosenhaus (sp? agent) and Rathman gave me the bad news about the cracked hip.  Flip side to that being that Westbrook looked really good.

If we can win one of @Green Bay and @San Diego and win the divisional games we should win the West.  Unlikely, but somehow, someway possible.

Reposted from the game thread I hope to have pics up later:

Went to this game last night...needless to say I had a good time

So at the hotel right before the game had a reallllllllll awkward elevator ride with Alex Smith.  I wanted to say "good luck out there" or something along those lines but I feel like he would have been pissed off since he's not the starter and all
laugh.gif

Met Steve Young right before the game next to the stage where they broadcast from and damn, does he have a big ol' bald spot.  No wonder you never see him turn around.  Good dude though talked to my girl about babysitting her and told him I just drove up for the game.

As far as the fans go it was AT LEAST 50-50.  By the end of the game it was looking like Candlestick...a half-empty stadium filled with 49er fans.

After the game I saw Gore on crutches and talking to Rosenhaus (sp? agent) and Rathman gave me the bad news about the cracked hip.  Flip side to that being that Westbrook looked really good.

If we can win one of @Green Bay and @San Diego and win the divisional games we should win the West.  Unlikely, but somehow, someway possible.

[h2]Pregame speech left Vernon Davis in tears before Monday game[/h2]
By Chris Chase

There may be no crying in baseball, but evidently football players haven't gotten the memo.

Pro Bowl tight end Vernon Davis(notes) gave such an impassioned pregame speech before the San Francisco 49ers' Monday Night game that it left him and some teammates in tears. The unscripted talk came immediately before the national anthem and seemed to have a big impact on the team: San Francisco ran over the Arizona Cardinals 27-6.

Davis told reporters after that he felt his teammates needed a spark if they wanted to make a playoff run after a disappointing 3-7 start:

"It just comes from the heart. You have to feel it. You have to feel it deep down inside. [...] I've never been to the playoffs, never been to the Super Bowl. I want it bad."

Teammates appreciated Davis' oratorical skills but wouldn't comment on what was said. "We have a very emotional team," running back Brian Westbrook(notes) said. "We have guys that like to get fired up, like to go out there and have a cry every now and then. That's just how some people get ready for the game." 

[Photos: See more of the emotional Vernon Davis]

The crying jag might seem to be out of place on the football field, but I dig it. Contrast Davis' emotions to Derek Anderson(notes) of the Cardinals laughing on the sideline while his team was getting blown out. Which guy would you rather have on your team?

[Rewind: Jets coach breaks down after loss]

If the pregame tears continue working, expect Davis to continue the pregame speeches. But if he fails to muster up the waterworks again, the team could always buy "Terms of Endearment" on DVD and run it on a loop before kickoff.

The 4-7 49ers are just one game out of first place in the lowly NFC West. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...rs-before?urn=nfl-290832

[h2]Pregame speech left Vernon Davis in tears before Monday game[/h2]
By Chris Chase

There may be no crying in baseball, but evidently football players haven't gotten the memo.

Pro Bowl tight end Vernon Davis(notes) gave such an impassioned pregame speech before the San Francisco 49ers' Monday Night game that it left him and some teammates in tears. The unscripted talk came immediately before the national anthem and seemed to have a big impact on the team: San Francisco ran over the Arizona Cardinals 27-6.

Davis told reporters after that he felt his teammates needed a spark if they wanted to make a playoff run after a disappointing 3-7 start:

"It just comes from the heart. You have to feel it. You have to feel it deep down inside. [...] I've never been to the playoffs, never been to the Super Bowl. I want it bad."

Teammates appreciated Davis' oratorical skills but wouldn't comment on what was said. "We have a very emotional team," running back Brian Westbrook(notes) said. "We have guys that like to get fired up, like to go out there and have a cry every now and then. That's just how some people get ready for the game." 

[Photos: See more of the emotional Vernon Davis]

The crying jag might seem to be out of place on the football field, but I dig it. Contrast Davis' emotions to Derek Anderson(notes) of the Cardinals laughing on the sideline while his team was getting blown out. Which guy would you rather have on your team?

[Rewind: Jets coach breaks down after loss]

If the pregame tears continue working, expect Davis to continue the pregame speeches. But if he fails to muster up the waterworks again, the team could always buy "Terms of Endearment" on DVD and run it on a loop before kickoff.

The 4-7 49ers are just one game out of first place in the lowly NFC West. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...rs-before?urn=nfl-290832

yeah i saw that and vernon has really has done a full 360 with the niners. probably the only thing sing has accomplished during his time as coach. maybe we should just demote him and keep sing as our official disciplinarian.

yeah i saw that and vernon has really has done a full 360 with the niners. probably the only thing sing has accomplished during his time as coach. maybe we should just demote him and keep sing as our official disciplinarian.

This Must be a joke

NFL.com's Matchups to watch

[table][tr][td]
CRA111040.jpg

[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
WOO661523.jpg

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Michael Crabtree
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Charles Woodson
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h4][/h4]
[h4] 49ers at Packers: Michael Crabtree vs. Charles Woodson[/h4]
Crabtree seems to be playing better each week. He has very long arms (34.5 inches) which helps him catch high and wide throws. He has great body control, as you can tell in his 38-yard touchdown catch against the Cardinals. He has very large, strong and soft hands. You don't hear the ball hitting his hands when he makes the catch. He's not a burner, so Woodson shouldn't have too much trouble keeping up with him. He will try and use his strength and quickness to separate from Woodson immediately.

Crabtree must maintain his concentration, because Woodson excels at stripping the ball. Woodson lines up mostly at left corner, but will move all over the field in the Packers' sub-packages. He is a very good tackler and blitzer, but could be susceptible to Crabtree on a double move.

Noteworthy: Woodson deseves credit for his off-field charity work. He made a $2 million donation to the University of Michigan's Children's Hospital this past spring.

This Must be a joke

NFL.com's Matchups to watch

[table][tr][td]
CRA111040.jpg

[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
WOO661523.jpg

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Michael Crabtree
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
Charles Woodson
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h4][/h4]
[h4] 49ers at Packers: Michael Crabtree vs. Charles Woodson[/h4]
Crabtree seems to be playing better each week. He has very long arms (34.5 inches) which helps him catch high and wide throws. He has great body control, as you can tell in his 38-yard touchdown catch against the Cardinals. He has very large, strong and soft hands. You don't hear the ball hitting his hands when he makes the catch. He's not a burner, so Woodson shouldn't have too much trouble keeping up with him. He will try and use his strength and quickness to separate from Woodson immediately.

Crabtree must maintain his concentration, because Woodson excels at stripping the ball. Woodson lines up mostly at left corner, but will move all over the field in the Packers' sub-packages. He is a very good tackler and blitzer, but could be susceptible to Crabtree on a double move.

Noteworthy: Woodson deseves credit for his off-field charity work. He made a $2 million donation to the University of Michigan's Children's Hospital this past spring.

Everytime I see a new NTer with a 49er avy, I assume its another new SN for 80JerryRice80, 92, troponin....etc. Prove me wrong kid.

Everytime I see a new NTer with a 49er avy, I assume its another new SN for 80JerryRice80, 92, troponin....etc. Prove me wrong kid.

Originally Posted by dland24

thats the first thing that i thought 
laugh.gif

thats the first thing that i thought 
laugh.gif

Forecast for Sunday is 25 degrees with a chance of snow.

I think we have a better chance of flustering Aaron Rodgers in the snow rather than on a nice clear day. I really think this game will be closer than everyone anticipates.

Of course I am going to be biased and say SF is takin' this one 23-21

Forecast for Sunday is 25 degrees with a chance of snow.

I think we have a better chance of flustering Aaron Rodgers in the snow rather than on a nice clear day. I really think this game will be closer than everyone anticipates.

Of course I am going to be biased and say SF is takin' this one 23-21

Wasn't he a Raiders/Niner Fan
laugh.gif

Wasn't he a Raiders/Niner Fan
laugh.gif

We signed Steeler's kicker Reed, guess that means that Nedney will be out longer, though at least we have a capable kicker out there even though he's doing bad this year...really bad, though better than 50% Shane Andrus had.

Back
Top Bottom