:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm teetering around the 4th and 5th stages of grieving.

This team has no ******* hope. Absolutely zero. They can fire Baalke, O'Neil and whoever else, but Jed and his family will still be around. From one of the premier organization in all of sports to this ******* **** sandwich, the Yorks have obliterated this organization.

I waited almost a decade for this organization to be relevant again after Dr. York's dumbass ran Walsh out of town and fired mooch. Harbaugh was a miracle. It was an anamoly. 2014/2015 are nothing more than an extension of 2000-2010. Omit everything Harbaugh did because it was nothing more than an outlier during the York reign. These are the Yorks. Today in buffalo is the yorks.

It'll be another decade before this organization nears relevancy. I don't know if I can wait that long again or if it's even worth it.
get-over-here-bro.png

**** is sad, man. That defense(ESPECIALLY the run D) was pitiful.

P.S. need a 49ers shopped Come Here Bro meme... Probably gonna need it for a while.

**** Jed Dork.

Last edited:
The fact that I didn't wake up this morning to the news of Jim O'Neil being fired reinforces that Chip is not the guy.

Last edited:
doubt it, but i am a big fan of chris peterson. dude is an *** KICKER. ironically, that husky team reminds me of the seahawks. 
indifferent.gif

chip has a presser at 12, so i'll wait until then before i start losing my ****.

i was talking to a browns fan, and he told me he can't believe how much better danny shelton is playing now that jim o'neil is gone. people were tossing around the bust label for shelton, but once o'neil was fired, shelton's play skyrocketed. he's playing at an all-pro level this season. dude is the #1 interior run defender in the entire NFL this season.

unreal how jim o'neil has a ******* job in this league.

Last edited:
Whoever the next GM is, will Chip be gone? 

I assume the new GM would want their guy coaching their squad?

if the new gm is tom gamble, chip likely aint going anywhere.

the only way i can see chip not being here next year is if he goes back to college, which is absolutely a possibility. the yorks wont fire him. they are still on the hook for tomsula.

This team will forever be a joke until the Yorks sell the team.  We are in Chris Cohan Warriors territory now, and it will not get better until we get new owners.  Sad, but probably true.

This team will forever be a joke until the Yorks sell the team.  We are in Chris Cohan Warriors territory now, and it will not get better until we get new owners.  Sad, but probably true.
One thing we can vehemently agree on.

One thing we can vehemently agree on.
I still think that Jim O'Neil would be a better coordinator if he didnt have 9+ replacement level players on our defense, but his strong suit doesnt seem to be putting players in the right position to succeed.  Would not be opposed to him being fired.  Cant have defensive performances like we have been without heads rolling.

Last edited:
I still think that Jim O'Neil would be a better coordinator if he didnt have 9+ replacement level players on our defense, but his strong suit doesnt seem to be putting players in the right position to succeed.  Would not be opposed to him being fired.  Cant have defensive performances like we have been without heads rolling.
But problem is he doesn't have the personnel and yet he calls plays as if he does.... :smh:

Should be thinking like Belichick and work your schemes around your player. Not force them to work Within your scheme

one of the fundamental core principles of his scheme is guessing...dude, if that doesn't jump out to you and isn't a god damn indictment on the guy, i don't know what it is. this guy deserves to be coordinating saturday flag football at your local recreational beer league. there's no ******* place for guessing in the NFL. jim o'neil is a classic york hire up there with jimmy raye jr, tomsula, dennis erickson, etc.

i saw jim mora, billy davis, and willy robinson first hand; jim o'neil is EASILY, and i want to emphasize EASILY, the worst DC i've ever seen here. the numbers validate it, too. you have to go back to an entirely different era over 50 years ago to find results similar to yesterdays. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Oniel better not be coordinating the defense after the bye. Doesnt matter what players this fool has they will look bad in his scheme. Sucks that im saying this but glad Bow aint out there playing for this bum.

[h1]with [/h1]
[h1]10 biggest NFL rookie busts in 2015[/h1]
Danny Shelton, defensive tackle, Cleveland Browns (No. 12 overall)

After ranking 10th in total tackles in the Pac-12 in 2014, Danny Shelton was drafted by the Browns to boost their ailing defensive line and help fill holes in their porous rush defense.

Though after 13 starts, the Washington product has produced only 26 total stops and zero sacks. What good is having a 343-pound player on the team when he’s not getting his hands on anybody?

Shelton ranks 49th among his fellow tackles. At least Shelton recognizes he must step up  for a team that has a multitude of issues to address, per Matthew Florjancic of WKYC.
[h2]  BIGGEST BUSTS OF 2015 NFL DRAFT[/h2][h2]2. Danny Shelton, DT, Cleveland Browns[/h2]
Honestly, when you’re already writing articles about why a player shouldn’t be called a bust, there’s a strong reason to believe that he’s probably a bust. While Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com made a solid argument in that article, it’s hard to argue with what we watched in 2015 from Shelton. The No. 12 overall pick had just 36 combined tackles last year, and failed to tally a single sack, forced fumble or fumble recovery. Obviously Shelton has upside, but he didn’t make the adjustment to the NFL very well, and now he has a huge sophomore season coming up.
without jim o'neil in 2016

Mike RennerVerified account  ‏@PFF_Mike   20h20 hours ago

Danny Shelton still leading the NFL in run stop %. Obviously you want some pass rush from R1 NT, but elite Run D is nice too #DawgPound
[h1]Cleveland Browns: Danny Shelton playing at All-Pro level[/h1][h2]The Cleveland Browns have been much maligned for their failure to draft impact players. Danny Shelton puts all that to rest with his play on Sundays.[/h2]
The Cleveland Browns have a first-round draft pick who is actually playing like one. But as many Browns fans probably haven’t noticed, Danny Shelton has become a playmaker on defense. His play is the major reason the Browns have had success against the run.

The Browns defense is 12th in the league in average yards per carry at 3.9 yards an attempt. To put that in perspective, that is the better than the Bengals (4.4) and the Steelers (4.1). The Browns also have had the fifth-most rushes against them in the league at 147 attempts. This means they are maintaining this average over a significant number of attempts. The run defense is for real.

During the preseason, teams ran the ball at will on the Browns. However, things changed dramatically when the regular season started. The main impetus for that change is Danny Shelton. The much maligned first-round draft pick has played at an All-Pro level.

Shelton’s play has gone largely unnoticed. During the preseason, fans and national media derided the Browns for missing on several first-round picks. But where are the haters now that Shelton is playing off the charts football?

Maybe it is the switch to number 55, but Shelton is doing all the things a first-round pick should be doing in his second season. Let’s take a look.

Last edited:
don't expect chip to fire anyone, dude is stubborn as hell.. I have no clue how billy davis continued to keep his job with us

We need some dirt on Jed or the entire York family. Something to the extent that goes to the federal courts and they have the team ripped away from them. Jed is not that smart of a guy, he has to have something in his past that can brought to the forefront...I hope...

the only things we can do as fans are:

stop going to the games. cannot emphasize this enough. the yorks make a ton of money from parking passes, food, drinks, etc. this one is SO important. this is a brand new stadium that the yorks financed primarily out of their own pocket, and they still pay a ton in taxes; STOP HELPING THEM PAY FOR IT. yes, season ticket/PSL holders are ******(should've known better than to give a york your $), but every lil bit helps. having a brand new stadium that is empty every weekend is flat out embarrassing. won't be long before jed becomes the laughingstock of the league at owners meetings.

stop buying 49er merchandise. i know the league shares merchandise revenue, but it'll sure make the team look bad when everyone is contributing except them.

finally, keep the heat on the yorks. whether that's through social media or with banners flying over the stadium, we have to be relentless with the vitriol. at the end of the day, they're human like us, and nobody likes to be the subject of perpetual ridicule. the yorks are a cocky family, so maybe their egos take a hit, are pushed to their limits and get sick of being publicly ridiculed.

Last edited:
Well i guess ive been already contributing to not supporting the yorks. I Will not step foot inside of Levis until Yorks are gone.

Merchendise wise not a big team logo on shirt everywhere on clothing kind of guy. I can get pass with what i got.

Im officially on strike, please join me if you want these buffoons out of the niners

**** a banner let's get a Kickstarter for an app that calls/texts/alerts Jed in every form of communication every 49 seconds. Like an app that just spams his twitter and his phone him with The Rocks voice saying "you suck!"

We'd have to pay him enough to leave Kevin Hart long enough to record the snippet but I'm down.

Niners Nation  ‏@NinersNation   41s42 seconds ago

O’Neil: Probably 50/50 in 4-3 vs. 3-4 usage given 4-3 spacing they use in nickel. Also, sometimes use 4-3 base with Brooks as stacked backer
matt maiocco asked o'neil about possibly switching to a 4-3...maybe maiocco doesn't have a keen football eye, but o'neil has clearly been doing 4-3 stuff. i've been saying that o'neil DOES use 4-3 stuff with his fronts.

doing 4-3 stuff is not the solution, it's part of the god damn problem. it's perfectly fine to do single gapping stuff in sub packages, but you have 3-4 personnel....USE ******* 3-4 principles in base defense.

i can diagnose pretty damn good what a DC is trying to get done in his front schematics. however, with jim o'neil, he does things i have absolutely NO ******* CLUE what he's trying to get done. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom