:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn’t catch the game.... looks like I didn’t miss much. So We losing out the rest of the season. Wonder where that will put us draft wise

Wow Jets won. If they lose out on the first pick I see them staying with Darnold and not going for any of the other QBs with the second pick.
Most of the other teams ahead of us also have a young/proven QB so we might be able to get a QB with our pick if we choose to go that direction.

And there’s a chance make it all the way to 5 overall

just hypothetically imagining we got a top 6 or top 7 pick, which way do you go?

Pick a non Trevor lawrence non Zach Wilson QB that’s available?

trade up for a shot at Wilson if there is one?

forget about all of them and trade down to stock up the draft picks?

or use the pick on another position of need like Cornerback or Safety?

up at 4am studying contracts and such.

can’t believe how bad we look now keeping Arik over DeFo. From next year on, Defo makes significantly less than Arik, and Indi could cut him without any penalty while we’re stuck with an older Armstead for years to come.

all because we wanted another shot this season, and this season only. 🤬

It was definitely a bad move, however I think Armstead will return to being a + player for us once the line is healthy again. He was really good last year he just can’t impact the game solo like Buckner can.

Moving forward, we gotta worry about the overall durability of some of our guys like Bosa, Raheem and Deebo.

These dudes are so physical, might need to look in improving the training staff a bit more.

You can “improve” training staff through the roof and injuries still going to pile up that’s just football.

we have it worst but we’re not only team riddled with injuries, every team deals with them regardless

Arik Armstead will play better with a better line around him.... but you could also say the same regarding just about any player....

if someone has a time machine, we can go back to the super bowl loss, cut dante Pettis, Dee Ford, jerick McKinnon, and Jimmy G, then we’d have enough to have kept Buckner, Emanuel Sanders, and had plenty left over to make offers on some free agents we needed but couldn’t afford last offseason

For injuries to pile up at this pace, it just isn't normal.

Avoiding injuries and prolonging a players career should be "improved"

But hey, that's just me.

I Guess what I'm saying is that you can hire the "best" people and still have an injury blow out season.

it's more a statistical roll of the dice than it is a matter of having the "best" people

otherwise the teams with the "best people" would have no or significantly lower injuries on an observably consistent basis and i don't see that happening.

i'm not opposed to shaking things up with who they hire but i don't think it is a silver bullet cure where new training/conditioning staff are going to prevent things like ACL/MCL tears or high ankle sprains.

Last edited:
I mean maybe its just the style of ball? Punch you in the mouth style on offense thats getting these guys carted?

I feel like for example, the Chiefs all of their key offensive pieces are not dropping like flys. But their receivers and TEs aren't asked to constantly block like they are OL.

Makes George Kittle great, but also unavailable.
Makes Deebo great, but also unavailable.
Etc.

Defense I get it. But maybe guys need to do whatever Warner is doing to stay available.

Back
Top Bottom