:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1611540247565.png

Apparently 49ers tried to trade Garoppolo last offseason to the Colts , Garoppolo's name came up during Deforest Buckner trade talks, but instead Colts elected to band-aid the QB position with Phillip Rivers.

Colts now .... "most likely landing spot" for Mathew Stafford ... expect an "aggressive push by Reich" similar to giving up the first round pick to acquire Buckner

Watson is the better QB I think for this system because he can stretch the field vertically with his arms (deep ball) and legs (qb rush/rpo) as well as extend plays from outside of the pocket (++ in scrambling).

additionally the money would make sense and help us out a lot

"The cap charge for a team acquiring Watson is (ONLY) around $10 million. Garoppolo is scheduled to count $26.9 million against the cap next year and the Niners would incur (ONLY) $2.8 million in dead money by trading or releasing him. The money saved at quarterback would give the Niners a sizable chunk to re-sign left tackle Trent Williams."

......but i also don't think it's gonna happen 😥

Garoppolo's name came up in the Colts trade because they inquired about him, not because we were trying to sell him off. It doesn't make sense to want to trade him but then hold on to him because you're feeling more comfortable with Jimmy than Brady.

We’re still in better shape than Indy for Stafford. Our 1st pick is higher, and Shanny pulled Jimmy early enough in the season to preserve his trade value.

When Shanahan became head coach of the San Francisco 49ers in 2017, the consensus top three quarterbacks coming out of college were Mitchell "Don't Call Me Mitch" Trubisky from North Carolina, Deshaun Watson from Clemson, and some guy named Patrick Mahomes from Texas Tech. However, out of all the quarterbacks in that draft class, the one who caught Kyle's eye was a quarterback who ran a pro-style offense at the University of Iowa by the name of C.J. Beathard. Shanahan did not have to try and imagine what Beathard would look like running plays from under center because he saw it with his own two eyes. He could not say the same for the three guys listed above. This has probably been a painful paragraph to read for 49ers fans, knowing what Watson and Mahomes have become in the NFL, but it speaks to what Shanahan looks for at the QB position.

:sick:

he has won games, and he has a quick release, but in 3 full seasons he's started in more than 6 games once.

its no secret hes got durability issues.

if watson and rogers are worth multiple firsts, and stafford is worth at least a first and maybe more, what u really think Jimmy G is worth at this point?

we acquired him for a 2nd and I think his market value was probably stronger then, no one is going to pay more than that for him now

he has won games, and he has a quick release, but in 3 full seasons he's started in more than 6 games once.

its no secret hes got durability issues.

if watson and rogers are worth multiple firsts, and stafford is worth at least a first and maybe more, what u really think Jimmy G is worth at this point?

we acquired him for a 2nd and I think his market value was probably stronger then, no one is going to pay more than that for him now

it's wild, jimmy's resumé is as impressive as they come: 24-8 as a starter, completed close to 70% of his passes, has a career QB rating of 98.9, played in a superbowl... and yet, he might not even be tradable for a 2nd round pick. yikes. have we seen a QB like this recently? for a minute, seemed like jared goff was heading towards washed, but he redeemed himself this year.

Glad we kept Jeff, didn’t realize he was only 25 years old :wow:

600 rush yards, 7 rushing TD’s, 3 receiving TD’s in 12 games in a backfield that had a lot of options :pimp:

With the way Shanny’s rb’s have success whether it be scheme or scouting, I wonder what Mostert’s trade value is. Would you guys be opposed to throwing him in a trade for Deshaun or Stafford if thats what it took?

Glad we kept Jeff, didn’t realize he was only 25 years old :wow:

600 rush yards, 7 rushing TD’s, 3 receiving TD’s in 12 games in a backfield that had a lot of options :pimp:

With the way Shanny’s rb’s have success whether it be scheme or scouting, I wonder what Mostert’s trade value is. Would you guys be opposed to throwing him in a trade for Deshaun or Stafford if thats what it took?

I love Mostert, but Stafford or DeShaun would put us over the top IMO.

If they want to win now, they need to make that deal for a playmaking QB. Could Jimmy be that? Idk because he isn't healthy.

But if they had a big arm like Watson, Stafford or Rodgers. Sheesh. How do you pass up on a deal for either of those three players.

Back
Top Bottom