:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1635194412330.gif

Maybe this issue with Ayuik is that Kyle doesn't know how to develop players. Instead, he and John tell the media when players aren't progressing like they thought they would have. I am sure that helps a young players confidence... :lol:

A lot of Niners fans were done with Jimmy after the Super Bowl. That playoff run was the nail in the coffin for me. Watching him wilt in the 2nd half against that weak *** KC defense after the defense gave him multiple opportunities to close out the game and he couldn’t even get us a first down let alone score. Seeing him close his eyes and overthrow a wide open Sanders by 10 yards did it for me. That whole playoff run, Kyle bubble wrapped Jimmy G after the INT in the Minny game and basically Mostert’d his way to the Super Bowl. They kept telling us just wait, just wait until the SB. We all saw enough of his *** after that Super Bowl loss.
ALL OF THIS.

Maybe this issue with Ayuik is that Kyle doesn't know how to develop players. Instead, he and John tell the media when players aren't progressing like they thought they would have. I am sure that helps a young players confidence... :lol:

Have you ever heard another coach/GM blast a young player in public this much? I certainly have not

I actually think a lot of the issue is Jimmy G. There are plays every game where Aiyuk is open, but Jimmy cant execute the play.

Lowkey feels like ownership told Shanny as long as we’re paying Jimmy $25mill/year his *** better be playing if healthy, win or lose. It’s about to be a long 10 weeks.

They need to go 7-4 over the final 11 games to simply go 9-8. And they still gotta play the Cardinals again, the Rams twice, the Titans on the road, Seattle on the road when Russell Wilson is likely back, and a much improved Bengals team.

On top of that they absolutely suck playing at home so games like the Vikings and Falcons games which should be potential winnable home games aren’t anything close to that. Hell the way they look right now the Jaguars and Texans look like the only for sure winnable games, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Jaguars and Trevor Lawrence start playing a lot better between now and late November.

I don’t know what Kyle sees in Jimmy to where he thinks he’s suddenly going to figure it out and be a productive qb while managing to stay healthy, all while the defense stops committing dumb penalty after dumb penalty. It’s one thing to lose a high first round pick to Miami in next years draft and 2023 if Trey is playing and growing and improving. You charge that to the game as a cost of doing business.

But to be 2-4 with Jimmy playing mediocre. Makes no sense whatsoever to keep starting him if Trey is healthy.

Shannahan I believe is a good coach, but it’s obvious from all these head scratching moves that him and Lynch can not manage a franchise. All these draft picks to move up for a guy that it feels they don’t even believe in.

To replace a guy that they didn’t endorse all off-season. It was handled very weird in the off-season, it seemed like they had no real plan and it was just an awkward situation.

Fast-forward and the guy they were publicly trying to replace is playing the worst football of his career, and now we publicly attach ourselves to him in full support every chance we get. It’s simply mind boggling and with the horrendous recent draft picks, it makes it hard to feel like these guys have any clue.

Lowkey feels like ownership told Shanny as long as we’re paying Jimmy $25mill/year his *** better be playing if healthy, win or lose. It’s about to be a long 10 weeks.
EXACTLY THIS.

And of course, we all know Kyle won't go public with it.

Its plain and obvious Jimmy's salary is the ONLY thing keeping him on the field at this point.

We seeing nothing but Jimmy til he gets hurt or traded. Sorry boyz

Man we suck

kyles playcalling has been one of the main downfalls of the team this season

ready for Trey Lanceto start since this season is just about lost. Just please dont run the kid 20 times/game up the middle. Let him develop as a passer without getting killed

Y'all really think salary is the only reason Jimmy sees the field? If we use this logic then Jim Tomsula or Chip Kelly would still be our coach because they were signed to long term deals when they were brought on. Singletary was also given a 4 year deal when he was hired, then **** canned after two. Add that on top of the fact that Jed was in the know about who Lynch and Shanahan were drafting this year, he had to be the one who gave the ok to pull the trigger on moving up in the draft. I don't see Jimmy's contract being the sole reason he's QB1.

So, if we're going to continue to see Jimmy take the field the rest of the season here's what I want to see:
- No more shotgun plays. It couldn't be anymore obvious to the defense that it's a pass play.
- Operate strictly under center and utilize 3, 5, and 7 step drops. Operating under center also keeps the defense guessing if it's play action or an actual run.
- Move the pocket. This OLine sucks but moving the pocket at least buys time for routes to develop.
- Lastly, stick to what's working!

It’s all speculation but if the plan was to trade Jimmy after the season benching him does nothing to serve that interest. Add to that the lack of gameplan we put together for Trey in AZ, it didn’t seem like we intended for him to start at all this season.

Back
Top Bottom