:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man it really feels like this season has the potential to be something special.

Like I know they came real close in 2012 and 2019 and had all types of other close calls during the Harbaugh and now Shannahan years.

Maybe I’m bugging, but this to me seems like the first time out of any of those seasons where if they stay healthy and do what they’re supposed to do. They’re finishing the job.
I can 100% confidently now say the San Francisco 49ers finally have a football team that is a JUGGERNAUT. In other words, for the first time since the 1994-95 season this franchise has a LEGIT championship ready squad that is dominant on both offense and defense.

The main key? QUARTERBACK is no longer a handicap.

Purdy is elite. Kapernick, Smith, and Garopollo weren't close to being elite. More importantly our Defense no longer has to be the one having to continually save the day. The 49ers offense is now a bonafide threat to score 30-plus every game and this puts less pressure on our D to have to continually bail out an offense who previously couldn't capitalize or extend leads.

It also helps to have the number one RB in the league but as the 49ers showed last night, CMC played below his standards and didn't even rush for anywhere near 100 yards yet we still put up 42 because of their MVP Brock Purdy and his elite throwing skills.

Those who never witnessed Montana and Young through the championship years are now finally experiencing what we old timers experienced year in year out in the 80s and 90s when the 49ers were THE juggernaut of the NFL.

Now folks will know why Colin, Alex, Jeff, and Jimmy weren't good enough to lead their respective teams to the promised land - and why Brock is 100x better and a lot more equipped to lead this team to the Lombardi.

#6 here we come!!

Last edited:
Man it really feels like this season has the potential to be something special.

Like I know they came real close in 2012 and 2019 and had all types of other close calls during the Harbaugh and now Shannahan years.

Maybe I’m bugging, but this to me seems like the first time out of any of those seasons where if they stay healthy and do what they’re supposed to do. They’re finishing the job.
This is the first time I feel like we have a COMPLETE team. With Jimmy in 19 I was confident but Jimmy always had limitations that were obvious and he also had 1 or 2 WTF plays per game like clockwork. We knew our strength was our run game and Jimmy was what you would consider more of a game manager that year.

With Purdy our passing game is wide open. We can run or pass and whenever Purdy drops back to pass I don’t hold my breath the way I did with Jimmy.

This is the best and most complete team we have had under Kyle and maybe since the Steve Young days.

With Tampa Bay, Steve Young was a run first QB who was a decent passer. Then after being sent to SF, Young mentored under Montana and Walsh and learned to be a pass first QB, learned to trust the weapons around him, and eventually used his ability to run as a secondary threat to his ultimate advantage. He became a HOF QB as a result.

Guys like Kaepernick, Michael Vick, Vince Young, Cam Newton, Randall Cunningham, etc never figured it out and Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Richardson, and all the rest of these run first QBs we have now are finding out fast that if they ain't a "pass first" QB in this league, then chances are they ain't ever gonna win a Lombardi.

im very close to copping a fred jersey man lol
26911171-0C9E-429D-93C9-F6155FC53C14.gif

This is the first time I feel like we have a COMPLETE team. With Jimmy in 19 I was confident but Jimmy always had limitations that were obvious and he also had 1 or 2 WTF plays per game like clockwork. We knew our strength was our run game and Jimmy was what you would consider more of a game manager that year.

With Purdy our passing game is wide open. We can run or pass and whenever Purdy drops back to pass I don’t hold my breath the way I did with Jimmy.

This is the best and most complete team we have had under Kyle and maybe since the Steve Young days.
Definitely feels like the ‘94 team.

Got back into town (DC) last night from being out there for the game. Had a great time on the West Coast…..I enjoyed the victory, the women and the weather. Definitely enjoyed the awesome tailgating experience as well. Thanks to all the Faithful!!

I’ll be at the game against the Commanders on 12/31.

Where’s the link to cop that **** Dallas shirt?:nerd:

found it.

Of course it’s carraway hc doing the **** Dallas repro , dude has been making the best sharks stuff for a while now , considering one of those 4 rings warriors shirts too :nerd:

It's amazing how Richard Sherman turned a whole fan base that hated him to loving and appreciating him. :lol:
You can tell he appreciates the 49ers organization and his teammates for rocking with him after the seahawks threw him away.

Just met master gee. Were i deliver mail. Said he did the halftime show for niners past weekend. Had pics in the locker room so cool

Back
Top Bottom