:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the turn on purdy is nasty work. no QB comes out in their first full season as world beaters, and i don't expect purdy to be any different. jalen hurts was just above .500 his second full season and people were doubting him after two years.

purdy looked every bit of an experienced player in the fourth quarter, but it's called growing pains for a reason. i still believe he can lead this team thru the playoffs. his footwork in the pocket and progressions are already good, but he needs to keep working on reading coverages. too many times he's thrown passes right to DBs

We would have scored more points but turnovers and FG’s have killed the offense. Brock led the team down the field last week and obviously he messed up this week. The most glaring issue right now is still the defense.

The issue is more the defense than it is the offense, Kyle's 4th quarter play calling notwithstanding.

Secondary is average right now, Lynch needs to make a trade for a corner.

Pass rush is weaksauce. Lynch needs to add better depth on the DLine. Gregory still needs time to gel and make his mark.

CMC was nowhere to be found in the 4th.

That's on Kyle, not Brock.

Right now Andy Reid amd Spagnuolo play smarter strategically than Kyle and Wilks, and that is the diference between 1st place and 2nd.

Walsh and Seifert were never outcoached in the Super Bowl and rarely ever outcoached in the playoffs.

Kyle and his coaching staff got a lot of work to do.

Fumble in the red zone - at least 3 points for us
Missed field goal - 3 points for us
Blitzing with seconds left on their side of the 50 to end the half - 7 point gift for them

Combined with an ineffective pass rush and Purdy playing like Mr. Irrelevant in the second half, we should’ve lost by 20. As long as Purdy bounces back next week, we’re good.

Wouldn’t hurt if Kyle lived up to that “one of the best play callers” moniker. Blows my mind that he forgets how good kittle most weeks.

Imo, last week was Moodys fault and this week it’s purdys. Both winnable games.

Purdy with 2 picks in the 4th… that cannot happen.
You got 1:11 or 1:15 left at the 40 yard line. You got CMC, Aiyuk and Kittle still. You need to go and command and get that go ahead TD.

So many times the defense bails us out. Special teams and the offense needs to their job.

Im not blaming Wilks for the defense giving up 19 and 22. He gave us a chance to win. Thats average defense.

You score 17 pts against Cincy and I promise you it’s gonna get ugly. What will the excuse be then? DonRafa DonRafa
Explain giving up 452 yards and losing the time of possession by 10 minutes.

Tonight, the 49ers gave up 452 total yards to the Vikings, 378 of those are from passing without Justin Jefferson… smh… and 78 yards rushing…. Also allowed them to go 8-13 on third downs…. But they got 1 sack so that’s cool man
452 yards = 22 points

So many times the defense bails us out. Special teams and the offense needs to their job.
Bingo

I'll take the 5-2 start we've had this year over the horrible slow starts we've had for the previous two seasons.

Do we have a problem right now across different areas? 100%. But I think it's too early to hit the panic button. Make adjustments, get healthy, and get on the same page so we can take care of business on our home turf against Cincinnati. Then we'll go into Bye Week at 6-2 and right back into the conversation for Super Bowl Contenders.

The stretch after the bye week will be a huge test. Maybe these early losses can help us course correct against these upcoming teams.

I am overreacting because we look so dominant the first 5 weeks of the season.
Just need to dial back the expectations lol. It feels like last year when we should have been beating teams like Denver and Atlanta. Santa Clara will be up for this Sunday and our guys need a home game to get refocused. I expect a sharper team against the Bengals.

I stayed up and re-watched the game last night and Brock played well. Picked up the blitzes and threw to what the defenses gave him. Yes, he threw two INTs, but you can't blame him.

The defense is the main issue at this moment. You have Kyle and Nick Bosa questioning the blitz before the end of the half, shows they aren't down with Wilks scheming.

Bosa isn’t happy with the defensive scheme. I don’t know what Wilks is doing but going from a rush 4 to a blitzing team is not working. We’re not built to be that. He was dialing up blitzes at the dumbest ****ing times.

not only that, but how are we getting less pressure blitzing than we did rushing 4?! his schemes are buns

Back
Top Bottom