:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

so jaylon has a similar injury to what bow had: torn MCL, ACL

you can pencil him in as a niner. 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

first thing I thought of too when I saw the confirmed injury 
laugh.gif

If we plan on releasing him he'd have to pass his physical by April 1st. If that injury hasn't healed we owe him, & almost positively wouldn't move him (unless via trade) [emoji]128544[/emoji]

there's also something wrong with his knee.

you guys know where i stand. i've see enough of him constantly making the same mistakes, over and over again.

im tired of seeing him make this face on the sideline after he throws an INT. dude looks like hes about to cry everytime.

the guy is too damn polarizing. i see so many people still making excuses for this season, but what about last year? people forget he sucked last year too? go back to 2013 and he was already starting his downward spiral.

Last edited:
i hope baalke keeps an eye on carson wentz at the senior bowl. IMO he is the #2 QB in the draft when you take into consideration where you'll take him. i see a lot of pro QB attributes and plays made that i don't see with paxton lynch. paxton makes some nice touch throws and is pretty accurate, but his entire offense revolves around catch and throw plays(screens, smokes, bubbles, etc). very few NFL plays or throws made in that memphis offense. 

carson wentz has the NFL size(6'5 230 lbs) and a compact, quick release. features a strong arm with a lot of zip on his throws. he takes snaps under center and has proven to be able to consistently make NFL throws. he does a lot of subtle things well like selling the play action or moving around the pocket to avoid the rush. his footwork is decent, but it needs refining. he can get a little sloppy and choppy with his drop steps and throwing base at times, but that's an easy fix with a coach like Hue. IMO carson wentz is way better value in the 2nd than paxton in the 1st. this guy does a lot of stuff that translate to the pro game.

zgIkxW.gif

dropping the biscuit right in the basket in tight coverage

CzQFro.gif

nothing needed to be said. great ******* throw.

Wentz-runner-1.gif
sneaky athletic

hype is picking up 
nerd.gif

Gil BrandtVerified account‏@Gil_Brandt

Write this name down: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St. This player has tremendous upside, will get draft interest, will be at @SeniorBowl.
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Zierlein: North Dakota State QB Wentz deserves first-round grade[/h1]
Taking a first-round chance on a player from an FCS school isn't easy, but don't be surprised if an NFL club finds North Dakota State's Carson Wentz worth the gamble.

"He checks a lot of boxes. He plays in a pro-style passing attack that allows him to read the entire field," Zierlein said. "He has great size, a good enough arm, and is very courageous in the pocket. He has fantastic touch and accuracy down the field. You have to project him a little because he's an FCS guy, and there are still signs that he has work to do with his decision-making.NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein has placed a first-round draft grade on the North Dakota State quarterback, who could be the most intriguing pick of the 2016 NFL Draft. Zierlein has studied film of each Wentz throw from the 2014 and '15 seasons.

"He probably needs to sit and learn for a year or two. I think if you take a guy inside the top six (or) eight picks, you're pressured to play him right away. Later in the (first round), those are better teams making those picks that don't have that kind of pressure."

Wentz has caught the eye  of NFL Media draft expert Mike Mayock, as well.

The positives: Size (6-foot-6, 235 pounds), velocity, and a lightning-quick release.

The negatives: Wentz broke his right wrist, on his throwing arm, and underwent season-ending surgery that cut his senior season roughly in half. And of course, there's that pesky question about the competition he's faced at the FCS level. An NFC scout told College Football 24/7 earlier this month that picking a quarterback from a smaller school like Wentz's can be scary business.

Wentz will try to answer questions about both his injury recovery and his ability to compete at a higher level next month at the Reese's Senior Bowl. The annual all-star game draws some of the most talented seniors and fourth-year juniors in college football for a week of practice, personal interviews and a North-South all-star game under the watchful eye of NFL coaches, scouts and personnel executives.

If he performs well, his place among the 2016 draft's quarterbacks could rise significantly.
NDSU still has a game left on this upcoming saturday, so we might get a chance to see carson play.

Last edited:
I'd like Hue Jackson, please.

Also, I didn't know that the Niners signed DuJuan Harris to a contract...He could be a good change of pace back for Hyde.

Is Hayne officially gone from the Niners?

Nope. Hayne also signed a 3-year contract after he was promoted from the PS.

I like Dujuan. 

Its crazy how these RBs get bounced around. Draughn and Harris have been on a ton of teams.

Last edited:

User Actions
 Following
Jeff Deeney‏@PFF_Jeff

Arik Armstead was tops in our Pass Rush Efficiency stat for 3-4 DE with 200+ pass rushes. Armstead had 38 pressures in 250 pass rush snaps.
I will be the first to eat crow. I did not like this pick at all, but the guy has flashed many times this season. He's had his moments where he has looked unblockable. That's all you ask for in a raw player who has crazy upside.

baalke like, "another one"

Last edited:
I can't stop watching that video of AA tossing Cunningham like a rag doll :lol:

So camp RBs are looking like Hyde, Davis, Harris, Hayne, Gaskins?

My man hayne never going to get playing time, plus dude came here becuase of Tomsula :smh:

Last edited:

However, we needed a OC like Hue Jackson for this all to work. 

if were going goff, i want hue. str8 up

its time to step into the 21st century NFL

I've always been a huge proponent of Hue Jackson. The guy is a offense mastermind. He had that bootsy *** Raider team, who was led by Jason Campbell aka the black Alex Smith ,on the verge of the playoffs, and now, he's got the red rifle unloading on the league. 

save us, hue

Last edited:
There's your new kicker and OLB for next year. If remember correctly they played pretty good during preseason. Bye Brooks and Dawson. That's like 10 mil saved.

Last edited:
yeah, corey did look pretty good in preseason.

marcus rush looked good as well, but i wouldn't see dude as anything more than depth right now. i expect brooks to be released and corey lemonier is trash, so we definitely need to nab an OLB in free agency or the draft.

^ I'd like to see some depth/new blood at LB spots too.

Think Wilhoite is a FA and they should let him sign elsewhere. Has been a damn good backup to have filling in for Bow and P-Willy last 2-3 years but think he's pretty meh and sometimes :x as a full time starter for us.

ILB - Bow, (Rookie - Scooby Wright?) w/ another rookie or FA signing for backup and Skov, Hodges
OLB - Lynch Mobb, Tank (realistic he could be starting at other OLB spot for us in 2016?) with rotating in guys like Harold, Rush, etc

Is Bethea a lock to come back next year or could he be a cap casualty giving way to Tartt to start at SS permanently? If Bethea is coming back and will remain a starter; I'd like to see Tartt get snaps in as a nickel LB-hybrid like how Cards use Deone Buchannon. But only if it could be executed the right way like the Cardinals do it.

Last edited:
Although Payton did intrigue me, ive been on the Hue Jackson train for a while. Really hope we hire him. Seems like the type of coach that will also change the culture as well.

Crazy how the last 3 days of news have been more exciting than the whole season lol

our free agents:
[table][tr][td]Anquan Boldin[/td][td]WR[/td][td]35[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$6,909,000[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Phil Dawson[/td][td]K[/td][td]40[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$4,134,000[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Alex Boone[/td][td]G[/td][td]28[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$3,723,000[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reggie Bush[/td][td]RB[/td][td]30[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$2,406,250[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ian Williams[/td][td]DT[/td][td]26[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$1,495,834[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Garrett Celek[/td][td]TE[/td][td]27[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$710,000[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Wilhoite[/td][td]ILB[/td][td]29[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$660,000[/td][td]RFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Tony Jerod-Eddie[/td][td]DE[/td][td]25[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$585,000[/td][td]RFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jordan Devey[/td][td]G[/td][td]27[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$510,000[/td][td]ERFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Shaun Draughn[/td][td]RB[/td][td]28[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$349,411[/td][td]UFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kendall Gaskins[/td][td]FB[/td][td]25[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$255,882[/td][td]ERFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ray-Ray Armstrong[/td][td]OLB[/td][td]26[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$206,470[/td][td]RFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brian Leonhardt[/td][td]TE[/td][td]25[/td][td]SF[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]$120,000[/td][td]ERFA[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][td]  [/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom