:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man our 1st round picks just keep dropping like flies :smh:

Reuben probably will be suspended 6-8 games, Solomon Thomas hasn't panned for a #3 pick, Joshua Garnett maybe on his way out, Arik Armstead probably definitely on his way out, Eric Reid a free agent, Jimmie Ward been trapped in injury purgatory.

Then add to that the casualty list: P-Willy retire over his toe, Anthony Davis quit, Aldon Smith commit career suicide, Crabtree a Raider then a Raven, Vernon Davis a Bronco and then *******, Mike Iupati a Card, A.J Jenkins one of the biggest busts in history...

Joe Staley and Jimmie Ward the only first round picks we still have on the roster from the past 11 drafts :frown:

Man our 1st round picks just keep dropping like flies :smh:

Reuben probably will be suspended 6-8 games, Solomon Thomas hasn't panned for a #3 pick, Joshua Garnett maybe on his way out, Arik Armstead probably definitely on his way out, Eric Reid a free agent, Jimmie Ward been trapped in injury purgatory.

Then add to that the casualty list: P-Willy retire over his toe, Anthony Davis quit, Aldon Smith commit career suicide, Crabtree a Raider then a Raven, Vernon Davis a Bronco and then *******, Mike Iupati a Card, A.J Jenkins one of the biggest busts in history...

Joe Staley and Jimmie Ward the only first round picks we still have on the roster from the past 11 drafts :frown:

Tends to happen when you have 6 different coaches in a 10 year span. Different schemes different fits. These picks will start hitting when they get some stability which they have in Lynch and Shanny

Forget mentioning the Cowboys lol.

We have our own first hand recent experience w/ that with spending high draft picks on Staley, Iupati, Anthony Davis (who was legit before he went off the deep end) in successive drafts and that paved the way for having the monster o-line that was a key strength for a short time before it dissolved.

The key though is drafting the right ones and developing them properly.

They're not always guaranteed locks to pan out. Word to Robert Gallery, Greg Robinson, Luke Joekel, etc.

I would not be upset about this at all. People hate line picks because they arent flashy, but you can build a solid team with a solid line on both sides of the ball and mediocre players elsewhere. Word to the Cowboys.

Forget mentioning the Cowboys lol.

We have our own first hand recent experience w/ that with spending high draft picks on Staley, Iupati, Anthony Davis (who was legit before he went off the deep end) in successive drafts and that paved the way for having the monster o-line that was a key strength for a short time before it dissolved.

The key though is drafting the right ones and developing them properly.

They're not always guaranteed locks to pan out. Word to Robert Gallery, Greg Robinson, Luke Joekel, etc.
Robert Gallery :sick: :smh: Haven’t heard that name in a long time :lol:

Wishlist for Today:

DE
Guard
CB
Guard or Center

Build up that line on both sides then worry about the skill positions with Free Agent money next year. We wont be better than the Rams this year, but when they have to start paying people next year we may have a good shot.
We won’t be better than the Rams????

Eli Harold needs to chill on twitter. NFL is a business.

IDK I don't have a problem with it, all Eli said was that Trent would play well in his position, not let TB12 get sacked, and encouraged him to go get that money. It isn't like he said "**** John Lynch, **** the 49ers, ELI + Trent = boyz 4 life" . Something topical and supportive like this gets tweeted by a former teammate whenever someone leaves a team.

Solomon Thomas played one season and y’all calling him a bust?? Played out of position last year, give him some time.

and no one called him "a bust", it was me and I said he "hasn't panned out yet for a 3rd overall pick", which is true. Look at the guys who literally got drafted around him: Myles Garrett (#1), Mitchell Trubisky (#2), Leonard Fournette (#4 right after Solly), Jamal Adams (#6), Christian MccCaffrey (# 8 ), Patt Mahomes (#10), Marshon Lattimore (#11 and made probowl).

I wasn't calling Solly "a bust" yet but he sure does have his work cut out for him if he's gonna contribute to his team like the guys who were drafted all around him in the top 10.

With Soloman it’s only really fair to compare him to other guys that play a similar position from last years class

So Tak McKinley and Tj Watt.
Both them boys outplayed Solly but Soloman ceiling still higher no doubt.
Not sure about Watt his ceiling is pretty damn high.

With Soloman it’s only really fair to compare him to other guys that play a similar position from last years class

So Tak McKinley and Tj Watt.
Both them boys outplayed Solly but Soloman ceiling still higher no doubt.

but I thought TJ watt is an OLB, and Solly was drafted as a DE and was played as a DE and DT by us? Pretty sure they're not the same position?

edit: nevermind I read your post as "same position" not "similar position"

They envision Solly being a Warren Sapp like player who could play on the edge and kick inside and collapse pocket at times.

Just like Michael Bennett.

Solly essentially spent the year learning to play an entirely new position. I think he'll be fine moving forward with experience under his belt. The flashes were there when he was inside, and he'll spend more time inside next year, especially if the Niners can land a real edge.

If Landry's medicals are that bad...BRING ME OBO.

"OBO! OBO! OBO! "

b246xS.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Shooting my shot! 3 day-two players that check all of the boxes that ShanaLynch look for: High-character, scheme fit, and tirelessly working football guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom