:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@red81 wanted us to draft Trubisky smh
He wanted CMC

which ballsy team will use a top 10 pick on trubisky? that's what i want to know.
grin.gif

if quarterback wasn't such an overvalued position, i don't think trubisky goes in the first round.

Last edited:
Chiefs secondary seems pretty good they’re locking down davante adams better than ours did

Like the packers they seem like they’re getting hot at the right time

Welp, Minnesota and Pittsburgh trips are in the plans for this fall along with the usual Rams road game. Was selfishly hoping the Titans won, because Nashville would’ve been dope too. Could’ve went there in 2021, but it was 2 days before Christmas which would’ve been tough to swing.

As for all the Mahomes talk. I legit wonder where they would be right now had they drafted Mahomes. I know they wouldn’t have been able to get Bosa. But aside from that, that Mahomes on the 49ers alternative universe sounds great.

Hope Brock ends up being that guy and plays so well during the playoffs and ultimately the Super Bowl that he doesn’t relinquish the job and they’re set at qb for a while.

RISE AND SHINE FELLAS. We made it to last game of the season. Lets get that W! And enjoy the playoffs afterwards. My o my. How things have changed since chip kelly days. My oh my. How we were down and out on 3-4 record this season. We are truly faithful. Please Lord. We deserve this efn chip this year. LFG !

Welp, Minnesota and Pittsburgh trips are in the plans for this fall along with the usual Rams road game. Was selfishly hoping the Titans won, because Nashville would’ve been dope too. Could’ve went there in 2021, but it was 2 days before Christmas which would’ve been tough to swing.

As for all the Mahomes talk. I legit wonder where they would be right now had they drafted Mahomes. I know they wouldn’t have been able to get Bosa. But aside from that, that Mahomes on the 49ers alternative universe sounds great.

Hope Brock ends up being that guy and plays so well during the playoffs and ultimately the Super Bowl that he doesn’t relinquish the job and they’re set at qb for a while.

Brock Purdy is like Tony Romo with how he’s just nimble enough to be considered tough to take down. He is timely and in rhythm like Romo. Good decision maker with an occasional bonehead throw mixed into every 30 attempts or so.

Tony Romo is truly best Dallas Cowboys QB all time when you put his numbers together. He played with some awful defenses. Romo is a hall of famer.

With Brock he is playing with best defense in football and next year I imagine they remain top 3 so, I’d expect him if stays healthy have statistics like Tony Romo year to year. Which be like 2.5 TD/INT ratio and on average 4100 passing yards a season.

Last edited:
Romo appreciation. I don’t know that’s who I keep seeing when I watch Brock play. Different deliveries though.

Game day Niner fam! Last game of the regular season. Lets get this dub thats all that counts hope to clinch this #1 seed!

Brock Purdy is like Tony Romo with how he’s just nimble enough to be considered tough to take down. He is timely and in rhythm like Romo. Good decision maker with an occasional bonehead throw mixed into every 30 attempts or so.

Tony Romo is truly best Dallas Cowboys QB all time when you put his numbers together. He played with some awful defenses. Romo is a hall of famer.

With Brock he is playing with best defense in football and next year I imagine they remain top 3 so, I’d expect him if stays healthy have statistics like Tony Romo year to year. Which be like 2.5 TD/INT ratio and on average 4100 passing yards a season.

That’s a good comparison. And I would happily sign up for that any day of the week. And Romo is under appreciated. He gets crap for the Cowboys lack of playoff success. But they didn’t do him any favors either.

What’s crazy is going into this season, I was saying that the one thing I was hoping for is that by seasons end the 49ers would know they have their long term answer at qb. I don’t want to prematurely crown the guy just yet. But there’s a legit chance they have that guy. It’s just not who they expected it to be.

Main reason I don’t want to get too excited is because I remember around this time 10 years ago I thought they were going to be set at qb for the next decade and that didn’t go as planned. But a big part of me thinks it’s different with Purdy.

I dont know man. Troy Aikman was waaayy better than Romo, numbers n stats notwithstanding. Tony Romo ALWAYS seemed to choke when the games mattered most. Romo's gunslinger and frenetic style and throwing motion/release actually reminds me more of Brett Favre.

In the 5 games Brock has played, Purdy with his accuracy, ability to scramble, and poise, looks way more like young Joe Montana from '82-'85, the Joe Cool who had legs and was an efficient scrambler. In fact, Purdy being compared to Mahomes too

Today's 49ers offense with CMC and Mitchell/Mason reminds me of the strong 49ers teams that had the 2-headed monster backfield of Craig and Wendell Tyler too.

Last edited:
That’s a good comparison. And I would happily sign up for that any day of the week. And Romo is under appreciated. He gets crap for the Cowboys lack of playoff success. But they didn’t do him any favors either.

What’s crazy is going into this season, I was saying that the one thing I was hoping for is that by seasons end the 49ers would know they have their long term answer at qb. I don’t want to prematurely crown the guy just yet. But there’s a legit chance they have that guy. It’s just not who they expected it to be.

Main reason I don’t want to get too excited is because I remember around this time 10 years ago I thought they were going to be set at qb for the next decade and that didn’t go as planned. But a big part of me thinks it’s different with Purdy.
Purdy is HIM. He's got all the intangibles and the demeanor and most importantly the skills, intelligence, and the leadership.

Call it premature but I believe all the excitement is warranted. He is Relevant.

Trey ain't getting traded, nor should they trade him

Keeping Lance around will benefit Brock because Lance will challenge Purdy for the starting role much like Young kept Montana on his toes from '87-'92.

Lance has a lot of time to learn the game and what better way than to do it with Kyle and the 49ers.

Tony romo was a baller. Only thing I didn’t like about him was the team name he played for. Dude consistently put bad cowboys teams on his back and carried them to winning records and made playoff trips appear outta thin air.

Re: trey lance we’ll see but unfortunately he’s trending toward being Brock’s backup QB

Re: Jimmy G man idk it seems right to ride the hot hand with Brock Purdy but I guess if Kyle makes the decision to plug jimmy g in this post season we gotta put our faith in Kyle, and hope it pays off, and then evaluate how it went once it’s over

Back
Top Bottom