:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait wut :lol:

How do you mean Cutler "seemed to work out for the Bears his first couple seasons there"?

That scrub threw 26 INT's his 1st year there and overall, he and the Bears haven't done jack squat since they got him.

Seemingly always getting injured and often at wrong times. He had one decent season in 2014 in that Trestman offense.
Guess I'm just thinking bout them going to the NFC championship game 6 or 7 years back and he was awarded another big deal while he's been there.

They were a 4th and long away from the Super bowl. Aaron Rodgers did them Dirty.

Last edited:
I know the general consensus in here is not a fan of Watson, but I've secretly always been hoping we get him. The guy is a winner. He seems to have good character and is intelligent. I think he's going to do well when he gets his chance in the NFL, and I don't want to be saying "what could've been" if we don't draft him.

The only other guys I'd take over Watson right now is Cousins or Jimmy G. Both a long-shot, so give me Watson over Cutler, Schaub, Kap, and Trubisky.

Last edited:
I like Watson, but as I highlighted in the post below, he's got some very disconcerting flaws.

questionable vision -- one of the worst flaws a quarterback can have. no scout, evaluator or coach can tell you what someone else is seeing. only he knows.

I don't know if he has issues seeing through underneath coverages, loses track of defenders or what, but watson was baited and took the cheese multiple times by those curl-flat defenders last season.

xkCIx8guZTjqg.gif

IbEvu7KEJrf3i.gif

this was a crippling INT. completely oblivious. :x

kRnWX980Z2yKk.gif

Last edited:
Those first 2 were pretty bad, but it looks like they were during the same game. You can have bad games. We saw Brady throw a pick 6, and could have been picked off 3 other times due to bad vision just in the superbowl.

Something about a QB that can win in big games is something i've always been blindly in love with. Not afraid of the pressure or moment. We got to the big game and Kap shrunk under the lights. We need a guy who thrives in those moments. No amount of intangibles or talent can make up for falling apart under extreme pressure.

I just want a more traditional pocket passer.

Tired of the option.

For those of you who watch a lot of college football,how much of Clemson winning is Watson, and how much is it just the system/coaching?

Last edited:
The system was in place before Watson, but he's a much better prospect than Tajh Boyd was. Clemsoning was a thing before Watson's last two years. After Watson, who knows.

Those first 2 were pretty bad, but it looks like they were during the same game. You can have bad games. We saw Brady throw a pick 6, and could have been picked off 3 other times due to bad vision just in the superbowl.

Something about a QB that can win in big games is something i've always been blindly in love with. Not afraid of the pressure or moment. We got to the big game and Kap shrunk under the lights. We need a guy who thrives in those moments. No amount of intangibles or talent can make up for falling apart under extreme pressure.
This was the game before FSU:

u77chiFKEQU7e.gif

The guy has shown some issues discerning the following 2 things on tape:

1.) identifying/seeing underneath zone defenders

2.) identifying disguised coverages(ie traps)

everyone does make mistakes, but if you make the same mistake enough times, it constitutes a flaw. I agree with you that there is something to be said for having the "it" factor. Watson definitely has it, but having the "it" factor at the college level isn't the be-all and end-all; a lot of times it doesn't translate to the NFL level.
I just want a more traditional pocket passer.

Tired of the option.

For those of you who watch a lot of college football,how much of Clemson winning is Watson, and how much is it just the system/coaching?
Make no doubt about it, the guy is an incredible college quarterback. Clemson is loaded with NFL players at every skill position, but Watson plays an integral role in their success. However, as we all know, being a great college quarterback does not equate to being a great NFL quarterback. The offense Clemson runs is on par with what Chip Kelly was running here. It's super basic and facilitates everything for Watson.

Last edited:
Red have you found more or less flaws with Tribusky compared to the other qbs in this draft?

They all have a ton of flaws. Nobody in this draft is ready to play out of the gate. My #5 guy might be the most NFL ready lol.

All of these guys need tremendous work to really realize their potential. With that said, here is my top 5 quarterback rankings as of today:

1.)Deshone Kizer

2.)Patrick Mahomes

3.)Mitch Trubisky

4.)Deshaun Watson

5.)Nathan Peterman

Kizer and Mahomes have the highest ceiling by far. They both have NFL size with big time NFL arms. I don't know what happened to Kizer this year, but he has the makeup of a true franchise quarterback. Watch Kizer versus Stanford in 2015, and you'll see what I mean. He reminds me a lot of Jameis.

But I've been struggling with these two. My gut tells me to put Mahomes #1, but my eyes tell me it's Kizer's spot. 

Do not let Kizer go to Arizona and let Bruce Arians get his hands on him. 
sick.gif
 His best fit would be an offense predicated on the intermediate to deep game. Arizona, Pittsburgh, etc.

watching a little kizer tape right now

check out this ******* throw. it's a 65-yard bomb, but look at where the ball is placed lol smh. this is one example of why i believe kizer is going to go quick in the draft.

UcwiztiuHrPWg.gif

Last edited:
C4LK-GlVYAA2mWx.jpg

:pimp:

I'm always excited and remain optimistic for the Niner season, but I actually have some hope with these two that I haven't felt in a long time.

I think we are back to being an attractive destination to play again. I dont blame players if they thought it wasn't one the past few offseasons. if I were a player and saw an elite coach get fired for Tomsula, and then follow that up with firing him and hiring Chip Kelly who had those rumors about him being a **** and racist there's no way in hell I'd go to play for us. Not to mention leaks/Jed.

I think we finally get this going in the right direction again starting with this offseason

50-yard dime with the flick of the wrist 
nthat.gif

P67aCtQGK8oUM.gif

He's got a great arm, big balls and he's mobile. He is going to drive his head coach crazy for the first couple of years and there is no getting around that. If it clicks for him and he's coachable, I think he could become a special quarterback." - NFC executive
That last sentence. I see it, too. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom