:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Peter King mocked Roquan to the 49ers. King is close friends with John Lynch. I'd say that's a good sign.

9. SAN FRANCISCO—ROQUAN SMITH, LB, GEORGIA
As a sideline-to-sideline playmaker in this draft, he has no peer. I gave McGlinchey and cornerback Denzel Ward serious consideration here too—as are the Niners. But I passed on McGlinchey because of the Niners’ belief that Joe Staley, who will be 34 in August, can play two more seasons at a good level. And the need for Smith, particularly with the uncertain future of linebacker Reuben Foster, could be great in defensive coordinator Robert Saleh’s scheme, where athletic playmakers are a must at linebacker.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/23/mock-draft-prospects-trades-first-round-mmqb-peter-king

It's almost draft day, fellas!!

Off topic, but Tremaine Edmunds has to be the coolest looking football player in the draft lol. Dude looks like a made-up player out of a video game. He wouldn't look too shabby in a 49ers' uni. :nerd:

Last edited:
It's almost draft day, fellas!!

Off topic, but Tremaine Edmunds has to be the coolest looking football player in the draft lol. Dude looks like a made-up player out of a video game. He wouldn't look too shabby in a 49ers' uni. :nerd:
Yep as much as we discussed his issues with recognition/misdirection(Too aggressive). He’s still one of the most talented players I’ve ever seen enter draft. Just need his football savvy to catch up with his freakish athleticism.

Marcus Davenport fits the same profile to me as well ceiling is very high. But so was a guy Quinton Coples couple years back who has a very similar skill set/ size.

Last edited:
One thing that would greatly benefit Edmunds is that Saleh's scheme is relatively simple. It would allow him to think less and just play.

Check this out. This is KJ Wright's draft profile. It describes Tremaine Edmunds to a tee:

Wright's a well-rounded linebacker prospect who could line up as a strongside outside linebacker in a 4-3 front or inside for a 3-4 team. Very nice combination of length, speed and size that can hold up against the power running game, chase down plays across the field, rush the passer and play some in coverage. Main drawback is his lack or pure linebacker instincts. Susceptible to misdirection and run-action. You'd like to see him diagnose a bit quicker and get his physical tools in motion sooner. Wright's a mid-round prospect who could turn into a quality starting with more development and experience.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Wright is rangy and well-built. Keeps blockers off his body with his length and active hands. Closes well in pursuit. Sure tackler who can deliver the big blow. Smooth athlete for a high-cut 'backer and comfortable tackling in space or playing in zone coverage. Gets after the passer with speed and power. Durable.

WEAKNESSES
Recognition skills and overall awareness need improvement. Can get walled off when he's a tick late locating the football. Pad level is higher than you'd like on occasion. Needs to watch his angles of pursuit, isn't always direct to the ball-carrier. Has trouble with quicker tight ends and backs in man coverage.

The only thing that worries me about Edmunds is that we’ll have to wait for him.

Being what he is at 19/20 is ridiculous but it also means he may not be an immediate impact player until a year or 2 down the road. That’s cool but in the top ten?

Y’all remember Amobi Okoye? He never really panned out.

Do u think with the way scouts obsess over 10 yard split with his being just as good as Landry’s does any team view his as a pass rush/ edge defender???

The only thing that worries me about Edmunds is that we’ll have to wait for him.

Being what he is at 19/20 is ridiculous but it also means he may not be an immediate impact player until a year or 2 down the road. That’s cool but in the top ten?

Y’all remember Amobi Okoye? He never really panned out.
Amobi Okoye if I remember correctly almost was rookie of the year. He had an impact early injuries derailed his career.

I think it's foolish, but certainly, some team will see him as an edge rusher. He can definitely play SAM in Saleh's scheme, but I would play him at Will, like KJ Wright.

Being an edge rusher is a skill. Hands, feet, approach, technique, etc. It's a nuanced position, and I haven't seen anything from Edmunds that would lead me to believe he can do it.

I think it's foolish, but certainly, some team will see him as an edge rusher. He can definitely play SAM in Saleh's scheme, but I would play him at Will, like KJ Wright.

Being an edge rusher is a skill. Hands, feet, approach, etc. It's a nuanced position, and I haven't seen anything from Edmunds that would lead me to believe he can do it.
Yeah I think so too.

Do u think with the way scouts obsess over 10 yard split with his being just as good as Landry’s does any team view his as a pass rush/ edge defender???
He has the frame. Depending on the scheme he’s drafted into he’ll def be tried there.

If we do draft him I think Saleh will have him all over the place not a 3 down EDGE. But he’d be blitz from the area of the field for sure.

Athleticism and measurables are big at edge rusher, but so is technique. It's why I loved Carl Lawson last year. Dude was surgical with his hands and approach to setting up tackles. He had the best rookie edge rusher season, even better than Myles Garrett.

It's also why I love Obo despite him being a ****** at the position.

Athleticism and measurables are big at edge rusher, but so is technique. It's why I loved Carl Lawson last year. Dude was surgical with his hands and approach to setting up tackles. He had the best rookie edge rusher season, even better than Myles Garrett.

It's also why I love Obo despite him being a ****** at the position.
I’ve been paying more attention to Duke Ejiofor for all the reasons you listed above for Carl Lawson. Dude is a technician and motor is really good like a poor mans Bradley Chubb.

Yep, Ejiofor is one of my favorite edge guys later in the draft. He gets it done with quick hands, technique and a seasoned approach to attacking tackles. He also has 34⅞" arms. That helps a lot, lol.

Here's something else to consider with Edmunds: What if this dude isn't done growing? He's already 6'5" 255 pounds and is only going to be 20 in a few weeks. There's a chance he gets up to 270 pounds in a few years. There are no 6'6" 270-pound off-ball LBs in the NFL. And if he can't become a pass rusher, what do you do with him?

Baldinger on my local sports radio right now and he thinks Harold Landry best player In draft based off 2016 tape.

I love it. Wherever he goes he will succedd my opinion

Baldinger on my local sports radio right now and he thinks Harold Landry best player In draft based off 2016 tape.

I love it. Wherever he goes he will succedd my opinion

I saw something on the NFL network where teams were expecting him to go in the back half of the first. I would be against trading down with a team that has multiple picks if he is the beast you guys are saying.

Ive become so obsessed with Obo Okoronkwo and Harold Landry id be bummed if 49ers don’t get 1 of them.

I’ve become obsessed with this idea of moving back to 12 to 14 and still nabbing Harold Landry.
All signs are pointing towards Colts taking Roqoun at 6. But nobody is really talking about Landry,
My mans been obsessed all week!!!! 8) It’s draft week fellas!!! Me and my buddy gon make the drive up to sf for the draft party!!!

Back
Top Bottom