:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kyle smoked himself if he is really taking Mac with the 3rd overall pick lol. Such an absurd decision if it were to actually happen.

This made me feel a bit better about our reality. Dude has been spot on for the last 3 years.

I think the part that I and I’m guessing everyone else in here has an issue with is detaching the pick from the trade. If Mac ends up being the third best QB in the draft then it’s a good pick

Kyle smoked himself if he is really taking Mac with the 3rd overall pick lol. Such an absurd decision if it were to actually happen.

could be possible , matt maioccco did an AMA on reddit today and someone asked "are kyle/john betting their jobs with this tradeup/pick" and his take was basically "yes"

As soon as Kyle said this today, everything else that was said the rest of the press con is irrelevant:

Reporter: "Do you guys know who you're going to pick at #3?

Kyle Shanahan: "After going through the whole process, I feel good about 5 guys at 3. Yeah we had a guy at first back then, but we knew that wasn't set in stone..."

"So do we know exactly who we want? Maybe, probably, maybe not. Uh, I don't feel, I don't feel like we need to say that. "

"And that's not just for our case but like, you know LOTS OF STUFF HAPPENS BETWEEN NOW AND THE DRAFT and YOU DON'T WANT THE WHOLE LEAGUE KNOWING WHAT YOU'RE SET ON EXACTLY 4 DAYS BEFORE THE DRAFT. "

"And we also care about a lot of people who've been involved in this. Those are the type of questions....I don't want the league to know....til we pick. And that's where we're comfortable keeping it at."

In other words, they haven't made their final decision cause their opinion can change at any given time.

You still think McCorkle, Fields, or Lance coming to town or is the national media really THAT GOOD at making the majority of the sports fans fall for the hype? LOL

Nobody knows who Kyle and John are picking but Kyle and John. And I think Pitts is definitely one of the "5 guys" they want at 3. Notice they didn't say "5 QBs," they said "5 guys" burgers n fries

Last edited:
only one of your theories I see holding any water would be Zach Wilson if the jets somehow mysteriously passed on him

Here’s something plausible: draft day NYJ deals the #2 pick to SF for Jimmy G, the #3 pick, and additional picks in order for 9er to snag Zach Wilson

but if you’re dead serious about Pitts how about a side pot that when the pick is read aloud , PITT ain’t ITT

1619487283814.gif

you just gonna leave out the part where he said 5 quarter backs?
Yes, he did say that but he also said lots can change from now til Thursday. So he better choose wisely and select Pitts.

Here's the thing, if Kyle frkn Shanahan drafts a QB other than Lawrence or Zach at 3, then he will make the biggest draft blunder in 49ers history, even worse than the Solomon Thomas pick and maybe even worse than SF passing up Rodgers to draft Smith.

Yes, he did say that but he also said lots can change from now til Thursday. So he better choose wisely and select Pitts.

Here's the thing, if Kyle frkn Shanahan drafts a QB other than Lawrence or Zach at 3, then he will make the biggest draft blunder in 49ers history, even worse than the Solomon Thomas pick and maybe even worse than SF passing up Rodgers to draft Smith.

Just gonna go down with the ship huh? Lol

Just ate a big mac
Youre doing IT wrong. You’re supposed to get it Thursday after the 3rd pick :frown:

**** we don’t even need to buy his jersey when we can just have the same flabby pathetic body he has after a few Big Macs we eating outta depression.

Bout to have the same authentic non stitched on field body that our qb of the future have

only one of your theories I see holding any water would be Zach Wilson if the jets somehow mysteriously passed on him

Here’s something plausible: draft day NYJ deals the #2 pick to SF for Jimmy G, the #3 pick, and additional picks in order for 9er to snag Zach Wilson

but if you’re dead serious about Pitts how about a side pot that when the pick is read aloud , PITT ain’t ITT
I can see a NYJ deal with SF on draft day to swap picks but I doubt its likely.

I'm not taking any more bets unfortunately. $200 is my budget

Is Shanny right with his hubris that his offensive scheme trumps all and is certainly greater than an athletic QB that doesn’t fit his scheme?

i truly hope shanny is ******* with everyone and has changed his ways, if this pick fails - its gonna cost shanny and/or lynch their job and rightfully so.

gawd pickup a DL for the **** of it, ol dude said they got their eyes on 5 QBs tf :rofl:
Trollin

Is Shanny right with his hubris that his offensive scheme trumps all and is certainly greater than an athletic QB that doesn’t fit his scheme?

that's the question we're all asking. that's the tremendous gamble.

his bet is that a QB who can consistently and accurately distribute the ball within his scheme is appreciably more important than one whose legs can keep plays alive or gain the yardage on a scramble.

if he makes this mac jones pick he's basically saying, that he strongly enough believes that the Matt Ryan/Kirk Cousins/Phillip Rivers/Manning (both brothers) QB mold is > the Russel Wilson/Michael Vick/Pat Mahomes/Lamar Jackson mold .... which makes it kind of less surprising they were so interested in matt stafford

if he makes this pick i guess the takeaway is that accuracy + decision making are > athleticism + big throwing arm to shanny

it's probably the end of kyle and or john lynch if he's wrong tho, the haul they traded is going to make 2022 and 2023 lean years as it currently stands.

Back
Top Bottom