:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol you just proved my point. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Let me ask you, what is the benefit to assume and discuss that Jimmy is unhappy?

The Niners are 1-0, Jimmy G played great, he has the support of Shanahan and more importantly, his teammates. Yet you're pointing out something that frankly, majority of us could care less about.

I’m curious to see if we can push past these injuries but we’re off to a worse start than last year with guys going down. We might be the worst team in the division again with these injuries racking up.
I think the Niners can. Let's see how they do this week. I think this team is ready to push through these injuries. Also think the Niners will do better than what Atlanta did against he Eagles.

Week 2 will be a fun game.

Reactions: ace
Let me ask you, what is the benefit to assume and discuss that Jimmy is unhappy?

The Niners are 1-0, Jimmy G played great, he has the support of Shanahan and more importantly, his teammates. Yet you're pointing out something that frankly, majority of us could care less about.

Im legitimately pointing out that mindset matters, and Jimmy sounds like he’s unhappy sharing snaps and having the doubt of the situation surrounding his every move. You’re only looking at the surface, if you’re not considering how a locker room can be affected by this situation. I’m not trying to troll or point out nonsense. This is a common issue when there is a QB debate to be had within a locker room. It absolutely is not ideal.

I really wouldn’t buy too much into what he said in that interview and trying to decipher some subliminal message.

Is he annoyed about them drafting Lance? Probably, but there isn’t anything wrong with him feeling that way.

It’s in his best interest long term career wise and future payday wise to be a professional and play the good solider role. He can feel some type of way about them drafting Trey Lance for all I care as long as he’s a professional and goes about things the right way in the locker room, which by all accounts he has.

I really wouldn’t buy too much into what he said in that interview and trying to decipher some subliminal message.

Is he annoyed about them drafting Lance? Probably, but there isn’t anything wrong with him feeling that way.

It’s in his best interest long term career wise and future payday wise to be a professional and play the good solider role. He can feel some type of way about them drafting Trey Lance for all I care as long as he’s a professional and goes about things the right way in the locker room, which by all accounts he has.

To a certain extent, you are right… but to have that lingering in the back of his mind is not great long term. We need him to be all in all year, and that’s difficult to do if you’re not feeling appreciated.

We should be more concerned about this Wide 9 not working without Kinlaw in the middle. Im hoping Demeco puts us into a similar base like Saleh had us in VS Ravens

To a certain extent, you are right… but to have that lingering in the back of his mind is not great long term. We need him to be all in all year, and that’s difficult to do if you’re not feeling appreciated.

I get where you’re coming from on it. I listened to the entirety of that interview. I see how that “make the most of it” and “it is what it is” stuff could be interpreted as him being unhappy.

Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes with those guys. But if Jimmy were to become a distraction or there’s questions about his commitment in that locker. I’m sure the organization would act accordingly.

I don’t blame Jimmy for feeling some type of way though. He’s still 29. Not even 4 years ago, he was being seen as the potential future franchise qb, only to have crap luck with injuries, going from being a quarter away from having his legacy look completely different only to again get hit with injuries again to where now they’re trading up to draft his replacement. All this happening between December 2017 to April 2021.

I hope the dude plays well, gets them to some wins, and if he slumps at some point or Kyles seen enough in practice to make the switch to Trey sooner rather than later, it’s a smooth transition and they can get some type of value for Jimmy in a trade this offseason.

D1B5B325-141C-430E-9311-772741888887.jpeg

“Y’all got any of those healthy starters”

those runs up the gut weren't the D line's fault. the entire D line actually played good ball for the most part. armstead, ford, nick bosa, that new guy ebukam, and kentavius street looked as good as you could hope.

the LBs were flowing the same direction and missing their gaps. Warner even spoke on that.

greenlaw being out is a problem. theoretically he's usually the will linebacker and behind him on the depth chart is is former saftey marcell harris (also dinged up/injured, just not as badly) behind harris is, well, nobody

aziz al shaair showed he can play ball and hes going to be the sam linebacker and if he gets injured at least flannigan fowles would be the guy behind him but I think he;s ALSO mildly dinged

and unless i'm misreading our depth charts there is basically NO ONE behind fred warner so pray he stay healthy :nerd:

otherewise its practice squaddo's or guys were grabbing off waivers/the streets

if Eagles are smart they'll see what detoit did and play a heavy run game up the middle, mix with some play action and try to go deep on our deplted secondary. basically a power heavy i-formation based offense, maybe with some zone read RPO action for that mobile QB of theirs

49ers probably have to adjust from wide 9 and tighten up the D linemen

of course cornerbacks are going to have their hands full too. a 33 y.o josh norman whose never played on the team, ambry thomas, and deomoddore lenoire backed by dontae johnson and thats it.

the offense, the d-line, and probably jimme ward in particular, as perhaps the most healthy and veteran member of the 49ers secondary at this point, are going to have to turn in a heck of a game.

i still got 9ers. just gotta hope jimmy G plays steady handed like last week and doesnt blow the game in anyway. I think he gets the start and majority of snaps again. maybe a little trey-trickery thrown in too.

🥬🙏🏽 that players don't start to overcompensate and play more aggressively than they should just because we got key players who are injured and players get that feeling that they have to up the level of their game several notches. They gotta be smart and well coached. Because when that overcompensating happens, players can wind up getting hurt themselves.

Niners got this. Coaching Staff and Defense will learn from last weeks mishaps. Would be a totally different story line if we didn't botch the onside recover.

y’all remember what’s it’s like to have a week go by without injuries? cause i don’t.

either we pick up the frailest guys or they’re not getting their bodies ready for live contact

49ers by 10. I’m a tad bit envious of everyone in Philly this weekend. I was supposed to be out there too lol. But enjoy the game. Get a victory cheesesteak at Jims and get some 49ers stuff from the M&N store.

Eagles are frauds. Don’t be fooled by their Week 1 performance. Yeah, they may carry that energy into this game, considering they are buying in early to their goofball coach, but they definitely have weaknesses that can be exploited. I trust Kyle to put together a game plan to bring their defense down to earth, and our defense will absolutely give Hurts trouble.

Back
Top Bottom