:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG_3670.png

What could’ve been man….
IMG_3700.jpeg

Yep ima be real in hindsight it looks like fields or even Mac Jones and no trade up would have been better moves

They were the pro ready QBs. We took the multi year project. We talked a ton about his potential ceiling but not enough about his potential floor and now he’s a 3rd year pro with something like 300 total pass attempts (including college) and 2 nfl starts that isn’t processing at game speed yet.

there’s still a chance, but it’s looking pretty grim for him on this team and the returns on investment to pick him.

Lance will get his chance to prove it in the regular season, me thinks.

He needs the reps in order for the 49ers to be able to truly evaluate him.

i only see it a few ways

1. He beat out Darnold on QB 2 and Brock gets injured

2. He gets some reps in garbage time of blowout games and maybe develops a little

3. We can win a **** load of games and clinch the playoff seed in early enough that we can rest the majority of starters giving him a start in a “meaningless” game 16 and or 17 (this would probably be best case)

4. Brock comes back and bricks.

I don't think Trey plays a down in the regular season for the 49ers. Kyle is walking around with a boner for Brock and has already creamed his pants for Darnold and his playmaking abilities.

I really think the best thing for Trey is to hope for a trade that would get him in a starting role and learn a system that he can be successful in. All this talk about the playcalls not being catered to his play is meh.

I also hope the Niners don't screw over Nick Bosa. I understand the cap space will be bad next year and beyond, but dude is a generational talent. They need to keep him.

Darnold getting the start tomorrow. Nothing to read into with that, I expected both to get starts and who ever has the better showing will get the start again after this. Call me crazy but I’ve always been intrigued by the prospect of Darnold playing within our system. He somehow throws the deep ball better than short routes, obviously it’s still Brock’s job but I believe Darnold could be fixed in a proper situation.

Back
Top Bottom