:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think vernon butler could be an under the radar baalke pick at 7 that nobody saw coming. at 6'4 and 323 lbs, dude has crazy size, strength and athleticism combo. he was kicking *** at the senior bowl. i would trade back for him, tho.

Last edited:
this is not fake 
roll.gif
had to space the last word so you guys can see it 
laugh.gif

Connor CookVerified account‏@Connor_Cook03

Just heard a fire truck outside my window.. Hope it's going to Fiji to try and revive some dumbass drunken frat fa ggot

Last edited:
you guys remember how jimmie ward was rocking a niner hat on his twitter months before the draft? could baalke be hinting at something? 

Last edited:
I love Karl Joseph. If I'm GM, I'm finding a spot for him regardless of our surplus of safeties.

I have no clue where he will go, but he's unquestionably a first-round talent.

Last edited:
that boy is a straight thumper

with eric reid lookin extra bummy in coverage and being one ankle tackle away from a career ending concussion, I'd take Joseph. tartt, ward, and joseph...not to mention lj mccrackin is out there like a god damn freight train :pimp:

Last edited:
I love Karl Joseph. If I'm GM, I'm finding a spot for him regardless of our surplus of safeties.

I have no clue where he will go, but he's unquestionably a first-round talent.
Oh yeah I believe in this kid big time. That hybrid safety slot corner combo.

And he's Haitian so you know that boy hungry.

I missed the combine yesterday why didn't he run?

Last edited:
i think he's still not 100%. shooting for the WVU pro day.

he plays at 4.3-4.4 on tape. mike mayock called him a poor mans earl thomas. i like that comp. i wasn't posting on this forum in 2010, but earl thomas was the #1 player on my board that year. i LOVED earl thomas coming out of college. i was livid when we passed on him. 
mad.gif
 i wanted earl and iupati. 

Last edited:
Oh yeah I believe in this kid big time. That hybrid safety slot corner combo.

And he's Haitian so you know that boy hungry.

I missed the combine yesterday why didn't he run?
joseph said he has better feet than the CBs in the draft: "Im haitian, bruh. i play soccer. i got nicer feet than the corners" 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

you add players like myles jack, karl joseph, and you instantly change the dynamic of a locker room. alpha males. straight up dogs on the field. my type of guys. 
devil.gif

precisely how the seacocks forged their attitude with guys like earl and kam. then you insert squares like richard sherman, and they starting acting like them, too.  funny but its true. it rubs off on the rest of the team.
Ironically, Joseph's play style of a complete lack of respect for his own body was not the reason he missed more than half of his senior season. He injured his knee in a non-contact practice drill, putting a stop to his best year to date, where he led the FBS in interceptions (five) after four weeks. Joseph flies into the backfield and attacks receivers in space like few others in this draft class, as he showed during his first-team All-Big 12 junior campaign (92 stops, 4.5 for loss, one interception, three pass break-ups, three forced fumbles.) Joseph started every game as a freshman (team defensive player of the year with 104 tackles, seven for loss, two interceptions, three forced fumbles) and sophomore (68 tackles, three for loss, one interception), as well, earning honorable mention all-conference recognition each season.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Team captain and impactful Leader. Plays with passion and a deep love of the game. Play-making safety with man cover ability and plus ball skills. Took reps heads up against Sterling Shepard. Quick to get head around and find the ball and always opts to try and take the ball away rather than break up the pass. Leaper who challenges the high­-point. Finished with nine career interceptions and five this season in just four games. Plays run and pass with great urgency. True high/low option with toughness for the box and straight line speed to play rangy center field. Can pedal and shift from deep zone. Wolf looking for his next meal as a hitter.

WEAKNESSES ACL creates medical concerns and may prevent him from getting through an entire pre­-draft workout. Doesn't have desired thickness of frame for the ruckus he likes to bring as a hitter. Play-making aspirations can lead him to vacate his area a step early. Shows some change of direction limitations in coverage. Desire to assail leads to occasional technique breakdowns as a tackler.

SOURCES TELL US "Dana (Holgorsen) and that staff absolutely love him. He's a weapon because he can do just about anything you ask him to do which is different than most of the safeties in this draft who have limits. If he gets clean medicals before the draft I think he goes second day." -- AFC pro personnel director

NFL COMPARISON Antoine Bethea

BOTTOM LINE Fiercely competitive with immense football character. Different teams may have differing opinions of how best to utilize him, but Joseph has proven he can make plays in man coverage or play disciplined enough to be trusted on the back. His average size and subsequent durability will concern some teams due to his aggressive, attacking demeanor; however, Joseph is talented enough to become an early starter and high­-impact safety down the road if the medicals check out.

Last edited:
Also like the ILB from WVU reminds me of Borland honestly more than Scooby does but bigger. Long last name so I don't want to butcher it.

I watched the OU and WVU game this year and wasn't much defense played but both Joseph and the linebacker had some big plays and bone jarring hits.

Last edited:
Sam Bradford re-signed with the Eagles :pimp:

I was absolutely dreading the thought of him in a Niner uni

that sam bradford helped out our cause. kap's deal looks little bit better now for interested teams. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
i saw some guy propose nkemdiche(stay far away from this guy) as 3-4 DE on twitter, and i just wanted to touch on this topic.

one thing that really irks me is when people don't account for a player's desire and willingness to switch scheme. just because he has the physical makeup doesn't mean he has the mental requirement. 

when you have a guy that played in a 4-3, has 4-3 attributes, and you propose a scheme switch, you also have to account for his desire and willingness to do that.

a 5-technique , aka 3-4 defensive end, is a selfless and thankless position. you are not going to get many sacks, and you get little to no credit for all the dirty work you do. your job is to occupy bodies and keep your teammates clean. most 3-4 schemes ask their 5ts to "wait and see". this means hold the point of attack until the play developes. people dont account for the fact that some guys don't want to do this. it takes a certain disposition to be a 3-4 DE. a team-first mentality. some guys just want to shoot gaps, chase after the QB and pad their stats. sacks=huge $$$$.

Last edited:
just another reason why finding true 3-4 DEs straight out of college is extremely difficult. it requires a very particular body type, skillset and mentality.

makes buckner that much more appealing. checks every box. watching a 6'7 290 lb man move like that at the combine was crazy. 
sick.gif

whew

Last edited:
Buckner is like a Calais Campbell. I would really be excited for him and Armstead. Especially if they brought Williams back. But im not sure how likely it is at this point.

if we lose ian, one guy i would love for us to draft is DJ reader. dude is huge(6'3, 330 LBS). fits the baalke/chip mold. he's projected as day 3(5th/6th) pick, so he would be really great value. here's some more info about him.
ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Carries his 340 pounds fairly well on his stout frame. Almost always the low man at the point of attack. Able to leverage blockers and displace them. Plays with enough motor to chase the play down the field. If single blocked, will absolutely push the pocket as a rusher.

WEAKNESSES Rotational defensive lineman who lacked production. Gets initial push, but fails to shed blockers in time to make many tackles. Needs more coaching to improve his hands. Once he's on the move and engaged with a blocker, fails to consistently find the ball­carrier and ball.

SOURCES TELL US "Just a plugger. He looks good at the Senior Bowl in one­-on­-one drills because he's stronger than these guys, but scouts tell me that in games he's limited." -- NFC defensive line coach

NFL COMPARISON Justin Ellis

BOTTOM LINE Squatty, strong nose tackle who is able to push smaller centers around in phone booth battles, but unable to consistently be a disruptive force up front. Reader has the strength and potential to believe that his Senior Bowl flashes could turn into something more in the NFL, even though that might just be as a career backup.
big boys dont have highlights, so this picture will have to suffice 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
i can definitely see us drafting a guy like that as well as signing a FA/Williams to start this year.

I like Baalke overall as a GM. I think he will utilize our assets this offseason and make this work out. Just hoping he doesnt miss on these high picks

barry thompkins said "kevin hogan has great mechanics" on CSNBayarea...wtf

how the hell do these people get jobs covering sports on television? god damn. cant stand bay area sports coverage. everyone, except maybe three people, is clueless. to niner fans living outside of the bay, is the local football coverage this bad where you live?

Last edited:
barry thompkins said "kevin hogan has great mechanics" on CSNBayarea...wtf

how the hell do these people get jobs covering sports on television? god damn. cant stand bay area sports coverage. everyone, except maybe three people, is clueless. to niner fans living outside of the bay, is the local football coverage this bad where you live?
It's definitely a mixed bag in the LA area. Some great, and some absolutely horrible.

joe staley- kelechi osemele - alex mack - daniel kilgore - anthony davis

line would go from doo doo to one of the best overnight. have to fortify the walls that protect the golden child. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom