:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
colinkaepernickhairlineisstrong.jpg

we'll see if he's still smiling when his daily forecast looks like this next season

Ourlads’ Guide to the NFL Draft is the only source that gives the number for the quarterback’s velocity at the NFL Combine. Velocity is measured by a radar gun in miles per hour.

Year: 2016

Paxton Lynch, Memphis 59

Jared Goff, California 58

Carson Wentz, North Dakota State 57

Christian Hackenberg, Penn State 56

Joel Stave, Wisconsin 56

Jacoby Brissett, North Carolina State 56

Josh Woodrum, Liberty 56

Cody Kessler, Southern Cal 55

Brandon Allen, Arkansas 55

Trevone Boykin, TCU 55

Dak Prescott, Mississippi State 54

Nate Sudfeld, Indiana 54

Kevin Hogan, Stanford 53

Brandon Doughty, Western Kentucky 53

Vernon Adams, Oregon 53

Jeff Driskel, Louisana Tech 52

Connor Cook, Michigan State 50

Cardale Jones, Ohio State, Did not throw

As a comparison, Kap was clocked at 59 mph

@smullanjr 16 minutes ago
See lots of people asking when the 49ers are resigning Ian Williams. Don't think it happens. He will hit FA. Dial probably moves to NT

I do like Dial and all but:

953.gif

As a comparison, Kap was clocked at 59 mph
have to account for release time, too. you can throw hard as ****, but if you have to wind up to do so, you're tipping the defense off and giving them a head start. like kap, paxton has a pretty big windup in his release. the fact that goff is near the top of that list with his extremely quick release is damn impressive. almost zero wasted motion in goff's release.

Last edited:
Have they decided what they want to do with Tank yet? Told him to gain weight last season off season to play DE and before the season started they asked him to lose weight to play OLB. What's the deal. The talent and motor is there and he's flashed here and there but can't stay on the field.

[h2]  [/h2]
[h4]Are the Chip Kelly-led 49ers a good fit for Cal QB Jared Goff?[/h4]
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ff-compares-to-falcons-matt-ryan?sf21884768=1
i said this the day the chip kelly hiring was announced. chip wants a guy that can make decisions quick, get the ball out quick, and is highly accurate. the ability to run might be the least required trait he's looking for in a QB.

chip and goff would be a beautiful match. 

take it with a grain of salt:
[h4]Jerry Jones: Cowboys won't draft QB with No. 4 overall pick[/h4]
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-draft-qb-with-no-4-overall-pick?sf21883445=1
so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-o.gif

Last edited:
Why would they not re-sign Ian, unless he thinks he can get more in the open market?
I dont believe the Cowfags will draft a QB either. That division is up for grabs and is available for them to win now. I think they use their first rounder on a player that can contribute immediately

Feeling good about bringing back The Drone on a one year deal, he earned it. Gotta have a bunch of RBs nowadays, hopefully Hayne gets a shot this year too?

Hyde, Draughn, Hayne, draft pick

Feeling good about bringing back The Drone on a one year deal, he earned it. Gotta have a bunch of RBs nowadays, hopefully Hayne gets a shot this year too?

Hyde, Draughn, Hayne, draft pick

Bye Felicia to Mike Davis huh? :lol:

Last edited:
Mike Davis and DuJuan Harris both will definitely be in the mix.

Somebody has to go, tho. Probably 2 guys. We can't keep 5 RBs.

Last edited:
^ Red, if drafting a QB is a must for this draft,

Then Dak Prescott has to be the QB they target in middle rounds if they're not gonna get Goff/Wentz/Lynch right?

What other QB in draft looks like they could be something? I've seen Vernon Adams thrown around as a sleeper but haven't really seen him talked about so far.

there is a substantial drop off after wentz and goff. as far a middle-round targets go, connor cook is probably the best of bunch after those two. The kid can play. I thought this guy was going to be a first-round lock coming into this last season. 3-year starter(fixed), good size, operated in pro-style offense, sees the field, insanely quick release and good arm strength. However, he has some serious character issues(major douchebag). Whispers of him being disliked by coaches and teammates permeated throughout the year. despite being a 4-year starter, he still wasn't voted a team captain. that's a huuuuuuuuuuuuge red flag for a GM. speaks volumes of how your peers feel about you

with dak and like kap, this guy is work in progress. you're essentially looking at a bunch of nice tools and hoping that he can piece it together with some coaching and hard work. i was blown away with how much he improved last year. it was almost laughable to consider him a pro QB prospect in 2014. you can tell he worked hard because he looked totally different in 2015. i think that's a good indicator of the type of hard-working player he is and how devoted he is to his craft. i also like that he's highly respected by his teammates.

not much of fan of adams. dude is so damn frail, tiny, and riddled with injuries. i know people like to draw the russell wilson comp, but its a really bad comparison. wilson was a stud at wisconsin. some scouts thought he was the best QB in the draft that year if not for his height.

Last edited:
he may act like a turd, but this guy is far from a turd as a player. there's some big boy throws in there. the way he sold the fake hand off, then the end around and turned around to hit his man in the endzone at 1:05 was tom brady-esque. good prospect, but he's not goff or wentz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom