:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would take him at 34, but I don't know if Lynch will.

****, I'd take Mixon there, too. 

The forgotten one in this draft. Barring any injuries, I am confident he will be one of the best players from this draft when we look back in 5 years.

Last edited:
Middlekauff just said on periscope that Matt Maiocco told him the 49ers are desperate to trade back.

I have to say the one plus about this draft is not having to wait around for an hour or so to hear our pick getting called :lol:

[h1]Mitch Trubisky still a serious candidate for Browns at No. 1, sources say[/h1]
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Mitch Trubisky is still under serious consideration by the Browns at No. 1 overall, league sources tell cleveland.com.

Despite the fact Browns head of football operations Sashi Brown gave strong vibes during his pre-draft press conference Wednesday that the Browns have zeroed in on Myles Garrett, they're still strongly considering taking Trubisky there, sources say.

The feeling on the part of the front office, sources say, is that the Browns are ready to draft their quarterback of the future and might not want to risk losing him if they try to trade up or hope he falls to them at No. 12.

Sources have told cleveland.com that the 49ers also like Trubisky and might take him at No. 2. "Don't be surprised,'' said one. If that's the case, the Browns would likely turn to DeShaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes. But if they believe that Trubisky can be their franchise quarterback, and some in the organization apparently do, they might want to pull the trigger at No. 1.

As reported here last week, Hue Jackson is firmly in the Myles Garrett camp at No. 1,  and so is new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. The coaches want a surefire gamechanger who can help them win right away, and Jackson said as much at the NFL annual meetings last month. Trubisky, while he shows tremendous promise, will need time after starting only 13 games at North Carolina.

But the Browns front office, led by Brown and Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta, are taking some of their cues from former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson, who turned the Cowboys around with Troy Aikman, the No. 1 overall pick in 1989. The Cowboys went 1-15 that year, but jumped to 7-9 in 1990 and 11-5 and a playoff berth in 1991. Over the next four seasons, they won three Super Bowls, and Aikman established himself as a Hall of Fame quarterback.

The thinking in the front office is that the Browns traded down last year -- away from potential franchise quarterback Carson Wentz at No. 2 -- and stockpiled a boatload of high picks with which to rebuild the team. They also positioned themselves to draft their franchise quarterback this year, and are now possibly poised to do it.

During his pre-draft presser, Browns said the Browns have just about finalized their decision at No. 1 and "not much'' can make them change their minds. Everyone assumed he was talking about Garrett, widely regarded as the top talent in the draft. But sources say he may have been referring to Trubisky, the former Ohio Mr. Football from Mentor.

"We feel good about where we're going to be and who we're going to pick there (at No. 1),'' Brown said. "We've narrowed it down. We feel good about where we are.''

So good, in fact, that they've rebuffed suitors for the pick.

"We have received calls,'' said Browns. "We haven't resigned ourselves one way or the other. We feel really good about picking at one and I'll leave it at that."

Brown also vowed not to reveal the pick until the Browns are on the clock on Thursday night, meaning the drama will continue to build.

We wrote at the Combine last month that Trubisky was a serious candidate at No. 1

Perhaps all of the Trubisky speculation is a smokescreen to keep teams guessing and drum up interest in the pick. But sources say the interest is real, and that the Browns might not want to risk having to trade up to get him. Once source said he doesn't expect Trubisky to get past the Jets at No. 6, meaning the Browns would have to trade up with the Titans at No. 5 to get him.   

"We're open to (trading back up)," said Brown. "Generally we value picks. We think no matter how prepared you are, there's always a lot of uncertainty in the draft. Every team misses. We're not going to be different in that regard. We like young talent. We've said the draft is going to be the pipeline. So we don't want to get into a habit of turning two picks into one, so to speak.

"We just don't think that's a good way to do business over time. We've studied this around the league and it's just our inclination, but does not mean that if there was a player there we might not go take a shot. We think we're positioned to be able to do that without impacting our draft too much."

If the Browns try to go from No. 12 to No. 5, the Titans will undoubtedly drive a hard bargain. Last year, they gave the Browns a 2016 third-rounder and a 2017 second-rounder to move up from No. 15 to No. 8.

According to Johnson's original trade value chart, it would likely take one of the Browns' two second-round picks to move up from from No. 12 to No. 5. But according to the newer Harvard chart developed by Browns' analytics expert Kevin Meers, the Browns would only have to surrender a fifth-rounder -- which the Titans would probably never do.

If the Browns do take Trubisky No. 1, they'll be bucking conventional wisdom -- but there's nothing conventional about their front office. Almost every NFL draft analyst believes they will -- and should -- take Garrett at No. 1. In fact, ESPN quarterback expert Jon Gruden has Deshaun Watson ranked ahead of Trubisky, and highly-respected NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock doesn't even think they should trade up from No. 12 for the North Carolina product.

"I wouldn't,'' Mayock said on a conference call Friday. "Most of this quarterback class should be later down the line, whether it's first round or second round. The only wild card is the Jets at No. 6. I don't think Buffalo's going to take one at 10. They might. The Jets at six is a huge reach for any quarterback. ...So if you get past (the Jets)at six, it's clear sailing till 12 unless somebody tries to get up ahead of Cleveland."

That's a lot of 'ifs,' and the Browns know it. If they want the best quarterback in this draft, they might decide to grab him at No. 1.

Brown has final say over the draft, and if Trubisky is taken first, it will have been his decision. Jackson was scheduled to talk this week but had a conflict, so his pre-draft speak can't even be analyzed.

Again, maybe the coaches, the front office and owner Jimmy Haslam are all on the same page and they'll draft Garrett No. 1.

But it's not the slam-dunk most folks seem to think it is, and Trubisky isn't out of the picture there just yet.

I'm going to try and get tickets for the DC game. Hopefully it isn't expensive.

Always kinda expensive. Skins fans are very loyal. Always a good time though and theyre just good fans in general.

Ive been the last 2/3 times the niners have played there. Saw Harbaugh and the boys beat them on MNF a few years ago... it was FREEZING

also saw Frank Gore score his first career TD in he and Alex Smiths rookie year. Saw Sean Taylor in that game too. We got smacked by like 40 lmao

Garrett (if he falls to #2), if not then Hooker or Corey Davis

Jarrad Davis at #34, if not then Foster (if he falls), if not then Carlos Henderson

Niners gotta know that Cousins is coming next year. No need to draft a QB in the first two rounds imo

If we got garrett it would be amazing. Mainly because he fits in any scheme.

I dont like the idea of hooker mainly because people say a main reason is because in this scheme you need that safety. But i want fangio to come back next year so...

i think we're taking leonard fournette at 2. why? because one thing that never fails is blue-chip prospects go early, and there are only 2 in this draft: Myles Garrett and Leonard Fournette. Myles is going 1, Fournette is likely going 2(to us or team who trades up), and with the plethora of rumors linking us to him, it feels inevitable to me. also, i know this ****** matt miller is connected to someone on our scouting staff, and he has refused to deviate for many weeks now from his pick of fournette at 2.

if bobby turner feels he can play in an outside zone scheme, then i have no reason to doubt him. the biggest issue for me is that LSU didn't run much outside zone, so the tape of him executing those runs is very limited.

im ready for thursday. 
mad.gif

Last edited:
i think we're taking leonard fournette at 2. why? because one thing that never fails is blue-chip prospects go early, and there are only 2 in this draft: Myles Garrett and Leonard Fournette. Myles is going 1, Fournette is likely going 2(to us or team who trades up), and with the plethora of rumors linking us to him, it feels inevitable to me. also, i know this ****** matt miller is connected to someone on our scouting staff, and he has refused to deviate for many weeks now from his pick of fournette at 2.

if bobby turner feels he can play in an outside zone scheme, then i have no reason to doubt him. the biggest issue for me is that LSU didn't run much outside zone, so the tape of him executing those runs is very limited.

im ready for thursday. >:  

I'm with you on us taking Leonard. I do think he's a game changer, and it's hard to pass up on arguably the best RB prospect since AP.

I'd be cool with Leonard or Hooker at #2. I like Solomon, but these two more. I also like Lattimore.

IMO, mixon is the best RB in this draft. he might be the best OW in general.

but it's not even worth worrying about this dude. i think both mccaffrey and fournette can have just as good, if not better, nfl careers if they end up in the right situation. all three players are very different and studs in their own regard.

i really like mccaffrey 
devil.gif
devil.gif

Last edited:
this guy is my safest pick in the entire draft. i think he's going to be high level, 10-year starter ala joe staley.

forrest lamp WKU

dude put on a clinic against alabama. he kicked their ***.

Last edited:
Im excited already. Cant wait. Other than Mitch I am excited to see who the niners get.

Founette
McCaffery
thomas
adams
Hooker
Watson

i want to see leonard fournette vs kam chancellor in the nfl

can fournette plaster chancellor???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom