:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn’t be mad with either guy. I do think Risner is their type of guy. Dude is a glass chewer. Eats and breathes football.

I wouldn’t be mad with either guy. I do think Risner is their type of guy. Dude is a glass chewer. Eats and breathes football.
Yeah Risner one of the few O-lineman I’m willing to say will be a solid starter in league no doubt.

I watched some bad feet and hands and lack of functional strength when going through O-line prospects this year.

Surprised Kaleb Mcgary went in the 1st speaking of which he’s got a lot of work to do.

Last edited:
Free safety prospect Deionte Thompson has seen a significant drop in his stock from the day after season ended.

If he falls to 3rd that is some insane value. He plays a lot like Eddie Jackson the current Bears Free safety from Alabmama.

As much as I believe Pettis will eventually be a star, we have a bottom tier WR corps currently. A team full of #3 and #4 WRs. We need to upgrade badly.
Agreed even though Goodwin has flashed ability he can’t be relied upon.

Sounds like Cardinals will make Byron Murphy first pick of 2nd so more WR’s will continue to slip.

No Greedy, bro. Good in coverage when he wants to be, but imagine Ahkello and Greedy when tackles must be made. Both of them out there pretending to be blocked, avoiding contact, etc. :sick:

No Greedy, bro. Good in coverage when he wants to be, but imagine Ahkello and Greedy when tackles must be made. Both of them out there pretending to be blocked, avoiding contact, etc. :sick:
Exactly what I was thinking. Dude plays with a passiveness when stuff comes his way. We already have a guy with a elite skill set who doesn’t wanna tackle with Spoon.

God, I can't shake this play from my mind. Ahkello plays so scared. I hated this pick but was willing to give him a chance. SMFH

giphy.gif

Agreed even though Goodwin has flashed ability he can’t be relied upon.

Sounds like Cardinals will make Byron Murphy first pick of 2nd so more WR’s will continue to slip.

Yup and it sounds like the colts are trying to trade out to a line needy team and the raiders are probably taking line if I had to guess

As much as I believe Pettis will eventually be a star, we have a bottom tier WR corps currently. A team full of #3 and #4 WRs. We need to upgrade badly.
This. We signed Verrett for a reason so I don't think we draft a CB in the 2nd. Tartt and Colbert imho will be given an opportunity to shine with our new pass rush and LB core.

The only key position we haven't addressed with an impact player is WR. And I don't even consider sorry *** Jordan Matthews as an "acquisition." He more like 'insurance.'

Let's not pass up on whoever is available between Brown, Butler, Samuel, or Metcalf. Lynch will regret it. 2 of these 4 guys I can instantly see being more productive and valuable than Goodwin, Bourne, James, Taylor, etc. Tbh, Pettis the only WR we got that has All-Pro potential, if that.

This. We signed Verrett for a reason so I don't think we draft a CB in the 2nd. Tartt and Colbert imho will be given an opportunity to shine with our new pass rush and LB core.

Verrett has played 5 games in 3 years and is coming off an Achilles tear. If the 49ers are banking on him all season long then that's a bet that's probably going to end poorly

Verrett has played 5 games in 3 years and is coming off an Achilles tear. If the 49ers are banking on him all season long then that's a bet that's probably going to end poorly
Good point. But are you going to pass up on A.J. Brown for Geeedy Williams if both are available?

Good point. But are you going to pass up on A.J. Brown for Geeedy Williams if both are available?

Honestly I'm fine with either, but I think Shanahan is so good our offense is going to be above average regardless. We were like 15th in the NFL last year in yards per game playing a third string qb, 4th string running back, and all of our wide receivers missing some time.

Not to mention next years draft has a ton of WR as well. I wouldnt mind seeing us solidify our secondary or line.

Honestly I'm fine with either, but I think Shanahan is so good our offense is going to be above average regardless. We were like 15th in the NFL last year in yards per game playing a third string qb, 4th string running back, and all of our wide receivers missing some time.

Not to mention next years draft has a ton of WR as well. I wouldnt mind seeing us solidify our secondary or line.
If our DBs can’t cover with what our front 7 is gonna look like then idk man.

I want WR wouldn’t be mad at during up the oline.

The only key position we haven't addressed with an impact player is WR. And I don't even consider sorry *** Jordan Matthews as an "acquisition." He more like 'insurance.'

Let's not pass up on whoever is available between Brown, Butler, Samuel, or Metcalf. Lynch will regret it. 2 of these 4 guys I can instantly see being more productive and valuable than Goodwin, Bourne, James, Taylor, etc. Tbh, Pettis the only WR we got that has All-Pro potential, if that.

This is where the scouting team comes in and show they can hit on a WR. Almost all the WRs they met and brought in is on the table for the 2nd round pick.

Back
Top Bottom