:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it isn't like hurd wanted his back to get fractured in the pre season or wants his knee to be hurt now. he isn't sitting there laughing like "tee hee hee I'm going to cost the 9ers a draft pick, some money, and roster spots by likely permanently debilitating my body"

just see it for what it is: another guy who had a good college career, showed promise in the NFL, and it didn't work out, there's 6 dozen of him a year throughout the NFL.

Kyle says he hopes to see him practice next week so he might survive another week on the roster.

and Dee Ford was "dominating " in practice BUT both SD's starting tackles sat out. so that Tweet should definitely be qualified by the fact that in 11 on 11s he was dominating the Chargers' backups

and oops did I just call the chargers the san diego chargers? haha I legit forgot for a second they've been back in LA for 3 years

If we get the healthy Dee Ford high level pass rusher we envisioned for a whole season Niners' opponents finna get a full dose of Dee's nut sacks.

With Bosa on the other side, a 100% Ford liable to turn into a pro bowler this year, I'm watchin

Nick Mullens: 5 for 10, 27 yds. Thank God he’s gone.

Fat Mac can still eat a ****. Guy is the definition of noodle arm.

This needed to be a fitted. 👎🏻
4A25A6A8-8B2A-447A-A49F-F9F9B118F72C.jpeg

If we get the healthy Dee Ford high level pass rusher we envisioned for a whole season Niners' opponents finna get a full dose of Dee's nut sacks.

With Bosa on the other side, a 100% Ford liable to turn into a pro bowler this year, I'm watchin
I’d be shocked if Ford makes it to week 12 healthy.

Deebo hurt again eh? Sign of things to come yet again?

As good as Deebo is, I'm starting to get tired of hearing him hurt seemingly every 2-3 months.

The best ability is availability and if dude is constantly unavailable then his ability don't mean jack ****. IMO.

#should'vetradedhim4Julio

And this is pre season. Imagine season. He is lights out but verified injury prone

i love his aggressive style but he needs to stop looking for contact if he’s always gonna be hurt.

i ****in love Deebo. i (we) need him to stay healthy. he is a possession receiver and chain mover. him over the middle on that crossing route is money. but him in the open field reminds me how Carlos Hyde always sought out contact once he got past the LOS. dude would go head first into a brick wall instead of just going out of bounds.

the thing with deebo, however, is a lot of his injuries aren't even contact related. it's mainly hamstring strains

49ers are a
13-4 with Jimmy G as starter team this year
10-7 with Trey Lance

of course nothing but conjecture but, established veterans in NFL just bode so much better it is what it is. Everybody with the hasty decision “Lance needs to start week 1” just cut it out. Watch when regular season starts and realize how reliant this team is on running ball play action, controlling clock and playing elite defense.Trey Lance is special. Hell I was first one to begin talking about him pre draft I swear nobody else knew about the guy. He would undoubtedly be number 1 overall pick in 2022 if he stayed in school. Still does not change fact that he just is not ready. The boy needs some time.

49ers are a
13-4 with Jimmy G as starter team this year
10-7 with Trey Lance

of course nothing but conjecture but, established veterans in NFL just bode so much better it is what it is. Everybody with the hasty decision “Lance needs to start week 1” just cut it out. Watch when regular season starts and realize how reliant this team is on running ball play action, controlling clock and playing elite defense.Trey Lance is special. Hell I was first one to begin talking about him pre draft I swear nobody else knew about the guy. He would undoubtedly be number 1 overall pick in 2022 if he stayed in school. Still does not change fact that he just is not ready. The boy needs some time.

even though this team had a terrible season last year, i think it's fair to realistically think they're SB contenders. Trey's ceiling may be higher than jimmy but in the short term, i just don't see a rookie QB stepping in and taking a team deep into the playoffs.

i want to see the shiny new toy, but short of jimmy playing like *** cheeks or this team being sub .500 after week 9-10, then im all for letting trey redshirt this year.

even though this team had a terrible season last year, i think it's fair to realistically think they're SB contenders. Trey's ceiling may be higher than jimmy but in the short term, i just don't see a rookie QB stepping in and taking a team deep into the playoffs.

i want to see the shiny new toy, but short of jimmy playing like *** cheeks or this team being sub .500 after week 9-10, then im all for letting trey redshirt this year.
Practices are a great simulation for appreciating the speed of defenses and pre-snap and post-snap processing. He will make strides every week in that QB room. With that being said there’s nothing like real game situations. Of course the pressures of being highly selected plays a role in how long the organization can keep him on bench without it being a talking point. But, the best thing to do is show patience with him much like Chiefs did when they had Alex Smith and drafted Mahomes. Alex Smith that year led the NFL in QB rating and I believe chiefs went 12-4 or 13-3. Teams knew chiefs lacked leverage as far as a trade went that offseason and Alex Smith still fetched a starting caliber corner and a 3rd round pick. I hope 49ers are capable of having similar fortunes next offseason with Jimmy. Hell I could see Saints being extremely interested if the Winston experiment doesn’t work out.

Back
Top Bottom