:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the thing with deebo, however, is a lot of his injuries aren't even contact related. it's mainly hamstring strains

the power to run through someone over comes from the posterior chain. last season was his hamstring and now his glute. he needs to learn to preserve his body if he wants to have a long career

This is what could happen when you let a young QB play and take some bumps for a year. I would also take Kyle over the Bills staff.
3941AC67-DD4B-43AF-9FC2-98E5EEE9825E.jpeg

Do you guys want the ups and downs now or next year? Take your pick. I’d rather do it now, a year earlier in everyone’s contracts.

“This is what could happen” is your argument?
ok
This is what could happen when you groom a QB who has special talent and ensure he’s ready.

9C39C9D3-D30B-46A2-9EF0-F2F1C1132D0B.png
Idk man. The year he had in 2018 and then the crap year he had in 2019… Looks like a bust to me.

Hey 🤷🏻‍♂️ just saying… Trey has a lot of the same skills Josh Allen has. It’s a blueprint that could be followed to a certain extent.

We have a 3-5 year window with our current foundation. A foundation with some real all time talent. You really want to deal with the ups and downs in year 2 or 3 of those 3-5 years? I’d rather move forward ASAP, and be at full force in year 2.

watched that fields hit live. man’s got smacked, but popped back up

as far as trey, as of now i don’t think he’s ready to start. can that change, of course. it’s clear he’s got the physical abilities to be a star but his catching up to the NFL game all has to be between the ears. if he can sit for a bit and learn while doing so i think that’s the way to go. as long as jimmy stays healthy anyways. anything that can be done to lessen the learning curve is the right move.

Last edited:
There’s no real set answer for how to handle this stuff with a rookie qb as every teams situation is different. But quarterback is the most important position and toughest to find stability in.

You had a 4th rounder like Dak Prescott suddenly get the starter job when Romo went down and Dallas went 13-3. Russell Wilson took the starting job from Matt Flynn in training camp as a 3rd round rookie and never looked back.

You also had guys like Josh Rosen, Mitchell Tribusky who didn’t do much. Guys like Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota went 1 and 2 in the 2015 draft. They aren’t full out trash, but they also aren't the stars they were expected to be either.

Given the 49ers don’t have a first round pick until 2024, it’s best they do everything possible to develop Trey Lance as best as possible and get this right.

He’s only played one college game since 2019. Unless Jimmy absolutely stinks it up or Trey Lance clearly outplays him and takes the job like how Russell Wilson did from Matt Flynn, I prefer them starting Jimmy and easing Trey in there.

Look how Murray did for cards. Dude came in and did his thing as a rookie

And he’s 5’5”. Lol

Of course there is no perfect way to handle this, so I say go for it ASAP. If not week 1 (which is looking unlikely), then week 6-8 could be in play, if not much sooner if Jimmy pulls a Jimmy.

Back
Top Bottom