:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rookie qb’s are inevitably going to face growing pains and the rest of the team on both sides is going to have to step up. That’s what you sign up for when you let a rookie qb play. But that on the job training is necessary and is going to happen at some point one way or another.

Aside from some dumb penalties on offense, the team played a good game, and they had the ball with a chance to take the lead on the road in the 4th quarter against a very good team with a rookie qb making their first ever start. I don’t blame them for going for it on 4th in the situations they did, especially 4th and goal on the 1, or whatever that was. But those 6 points would’ve been nice to have.

Hopefully they make productive use out of the bye week. Very winnable game at home against Indy in 2 weeks.

Mist win games for colts and bears . Payback to cards then time to cook. Our D looks solid. Offense just needs to get comfortable . Each game offense looking on the fly

Where the black out fellas at?

:nerd: me?

youtube tv hated and blacked it out cause i’m down in socal. they had some games on at the food festival but it was youtubetv too. gonna watch it tonight

Where the black out fellas at?

:lol: the trickery of this question.. all the blackout faithful are, well, still blacked out

all i know is, for his first start, trey showed that the moment wasn’t too big for him. he didn’t look like a dear in the headlights. something i noticed is that he definitely tried to scramble a lot, perhaps a bit too much. not sure but it could be one of those things where if his first read wasn’t available, he’d improvise. i’m sure more reps will alleviate that. the kid has a rifle for a arm. niners wrs gonna have to adjust.

shanny’s play calling lacked any type of rhythm or balance. i get that you’ve got a first time starter-rookie under center who’s dynamic as hell but why almost completely ignore your RBs and run game in a one score game with 10 minutes left?

Still early days fellas! Tough lil few games we just had and a bit disappointing with those being winnable, but 2-3 isnt the end of the world. We have a nice little stretch of games coming up after the much needed bye week. Gotta capitalize!

I'd rather let Trey go through his growing pains now instead of next year. Field's is finding his groove as the starter, same with Mac Jones and the Pats. The kid was a inch from being in a tie game with a elite team. Shelving him after 1 start does nothing for his confidence and Jimmy's health CANNOT be depended on anymore. Bill was right cutting Cam Newton, he got rid of what would have been a distraction the second Mac started to struggle. These receivers and lineman need to get used to practicing and playing with Trey. I'm done with waiting for the next Jimmy G injury, he's held us hostage long enough.

Trey was asked to do what for any rookie would be considered the impossible, and he almost did it. All of his big gain runs were called back for holds, fighting the chains, drive killing drops, batted down passes, no kicker(or so we thought.) This man had just about every roadblock you could throw at someone and still fought like hell. I felt bad for him because penalties had him working his butt off to try and pick up first downs.

Last edited:
I was at a wedding fellas watching the game now.

1 for 5 on fourth down is not gonna cut it. You have that percentage you’re going to lose every game.

I'd rather let Trey go through his growing pains now instead of next year. Field's is finding his groove as the starter, same with Mac Jones and the Pats. The kid was a inch from being in a tie game with a elite team. Shelving him after 1 start does nothing for his confidence and Jimmy's health CANNOT be depended on anymore. Bill was right cutting Cam Newton, he got rid of what would have been a distraction the second Mac started to struggle. These receivers and lineman need to get used to practicing and playing with Trey. I'm done with waiting for the next Jimmy G injury, he's held us hostage long enough.

Trey was asked to do what for any rookie would be considered the impossible, and he almost did it. All of his big gain runs were called back for holds, fighting the chains, drive killing drops, batted down passes, no kicker(or so we thought.) This man had just about every roadblock you could throw at someone and still fought like hell. I felt bad for him because penalties had him working his butt off to try and pick up first downs.

This is kinda where I’m at. We already know Jimmy’s ceiling and it’s average with a likelihood of potentially getting injured and missing time at some point.

Let Trey play and let’s see the improvement between now and week 12 or so. When you make that switch, be it for injury reasons or performance reasons and you go with the rookie, you traded up to get. It’s hard to go back. These next two games are winnable. Get Trey under center and build that confidence up.

I can live with them not being a Super Bowl contender this year. But letting Trey play while shooting for a Wild Card spot is a realistic goal for me. The more he plays at this point. The more likely you see that noticeable leap between year 1 and 2.

okay trey-truthers i gave you the night off, but now it's time.

trey-truthers: jimmy g is a turnover machine. he throws the ball too high for receivers to catch and creates INTs.

reality: trey lance, first drive, second throw, too high for Ross Dwelley to catch, interception budda baker, AZ ball. :emoji_thinking: throw too high? turnover? where have I heard those words before?

trey-truthers: jimmy G has bad footwork

reality: trey lance unfortunately has worse footwork and actually hops and crosses his legs (a big no-no) while dropping back (I can provide video).

this is something important he actually can work on in practice or on the sidelines outside of live game action. go watch joe montana's footwork and then watch trey's. it's ballet vs ice hockey.

trey-truthers: trey finished a half vs Seattle with a 117 QBR, AS HIGH AS RUSSEL WILSON, time to crown the new king.

1633973475234.png

reality: that 117.1 QBR was largely weighted by a busted coverage TD. In his first full game trey lance earned an adjusted QBR 58.4 (since the trey truthers were eager to look to that as a definitive measurement) :emoji_thinking:

1633974310704.png

trey truthers: jimmy Garroppolo didn't score until the last 2 minutes of the half vs GB. he starts too slow, isn't d y n a m i c, and you can't win scoring that late.

1633973593909.png

reality: trey gets the start and actually puts up 0 points in the half. in fact he had neither a passing nor rushing TD all game :emoji_thinking:

1633973656439.png

trey-truthers: jimmy G can't make multiple reads and locks onto his primary receiver

reality: trey staring at his intended receiver from the LOS and scrambling when that receiver is covered. same problem kaep had, play breaks down at all and it turns into a lazer or a scramble.

in fact it was so obvious where Trey thought he's going with the ball he had something like 4 PBUs from defensive tackles.

trey-truthers: trey is going to be dynamic and feast in kyle's playbook, he's ready! he's been studying on his iPad all summer!!!! it doesn't take that long to take in kyle's playbook.

reality: Kyle running the same cover 2 zone beater double slat flat play 4x vs Seattle's Zone 2 and Trey still struggling to read the hook defender and make the correct read to beat the zone 2. clearly he needs a lot more time to understand kyle's offense.

but there is also some room on the blame table for KYLE

*cartman voice* "KYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!"

Questionable play calling and he freakin went for it 5x on 4th down!? And some of those were times where you could have flipped field position with your great punter, or just taken the 3 pt FG?! oof 😲

you realize none of those points make jimmy sound good right? especially when comparing a guy who
made his first start to a seasoned jimmy.

jimmys ceiling is so low a little person can’t walk in. he’s shown zero progress in the time he’s been on the team and is constantly injured. it’s time to move on. Trey will take some time to develop for sure. we’re at a point where i’d rather get it out of the way now and find out if he’s the guy we all think he can be than have the same stagnant/struggling offense with jimmy

With Jimmy most likely starting after the bye, im curious to see how the team will look with Elijah Mitchell back from injury. Its been mentioned that we cant depend on Jimmy to throw if we dont have a run game. Well hopefully with "Mini Mostert" back that balances the offense a little and they perform better than the last few wks. With the gelling of the defense against SEA and now PHX, I hope things are starting to come together.

Last edited:
While his job is completely safe for now, and it should be. I could see Kyles seat warming up with a bad all around season this year, and ultimately getting hot next year.

And I don’t think John Lynch is necessarily tied to the hip with Kyle either beyond next year if the results aren’t there.

I like him too. But his whole needing a qb to fit his system and hard on for guys like Kirk Cousins was a bit annoying. Played an influencing factor to why they didn’t draft a qb in 2017 after making a favorable deal with the Bears on draft day. The stubbornness with the trying to force this Jimmy situation longer than it needs to be at this point is a bit annoying and stubborn as well imo.

Hopefully the team plays better and Trey shows the type of improvement to show why they traded up to draft him, and this is all moot in terms of him in potentially being on the hot seat next year. But the NFL is a results driven business. And if come next year the results aren’t there outside of 2019, I could see them having those conver.

Plenty of games left this year to turn this season around though.

If it ain’t Kyle then the finger needs to be pointed at someone if we fail again to make the playoffs this year. Given the injuries but lynch has had his fair of misses too. From the FRP other than Bosa. To the big disappointing signings.

Yea u dont want kyle out of here and if u do u better make sure u have someone better than him, otherwise were going to go back to the likes of Tomsula and Chip Kelly.

someone should have BEEN fired on the count of all
these damn injuries. strength and training are basically just physical therapists at this point

Yea u dont want kyle out of here and if u do u better make sure u have someone better than him, otherwise were going to go back to the likes of Tomsula and Chip Kelly.

for sure. i think we’re all hoping things get better

Back
Top Bottom