:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I tried to defend him in the past for being a good teammate and well liked by the guys in the locker room. But you’re supposed to be a good teammate. That’s like the bare minimum here lol. Nothing agains the guy. But that was his main saving grace.

Seeing Purdy not taking dumb sacks and forcing bad plays and having that in game intelligence and awareness in his rookie year. Such a breath of fresh air. I don’t know what his ceiling is. But not having the routine Jimmy avoidable sack or 10 year veteran rookie mistake. It’s a breath of fresh air.

Jimmy FG with 3! - count em folks - THREE!! INT's in a game when his whole familia came out to watch him and were served all you can eat Subway Italian samwiches.

Today from my buddy, a long time Raiders fan who was around for all their Super Bowls in the 70s and 80s :lol: :lol:

Screenshot_20230924_203503_Messages.jpg

Arizona always seems to play good against the top teams. Can't look past them this week.

Happy to see Kinlaw finally play the way the franchise expected him to play. I hope he maintains this all season long.

He doesn’t have a defense like ours to bail him out time and time again anymore and give him multiple chances to correct his turnovers.
Even if he did, we already know the 4th quarter result during high pressure, championship type games..
l-train-train.gif

Give him the Steel Curtain Steelers D of the 70s, give him the Legion of Boom Seahawks, give him Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and he still won't be able to capitalize on thrle excellent field position an elite D would give him

At thr end of the day, Jimmy Garbage will NEVER be a starting QB on a Super Bowl winning team.

I’m not here to completely dismiss Jimmy’s contributions to our winning seasons but it was so much more than what the media portrayed where the talking point was always “look at the win-loss ratio, Jimmy just knows how to win football games,” when our only other options were Mullens, Beathard and a rookie that still isn’t ready to start in his 3rd year now. If we went after Brady or Rodgers we’d probably have at least 2 rings since 2019 and would be the talk of the NFL instead of KC. The fact that we nearly took down the Chiefs and were a series away from putting down the Rams who went on to win it all is a testament to how good the team is. If Tartt doesn’t drop that wide tf open pick we might have a ring WITH Jimmy.

I’m not here to completely dismiss Jimmy’s contributions to our winning seasons but it was so much more than what the media portrayed where the talking point was always “look at the win-loss ratio, Jimmy just knows how to win football games,” when our only other options were Mullens, Beathard and a rookie that still isn’t ready to start in his 3rd year now. If we went after Brady or Rodgers we’d probably have at least 2 rings since 2019 and would be the talk of the NFL instead of KC. The fact that we nearly took down the Chiefs and were a series away from putting down the Rams who went on to win it all is a testament to how good the team is. If Tartt doesn’t drop that wide tf open pick we might have a ring WITH Jimmy.
All woulda coulda shoulda bro. The Facts are: he choked against the Rams in the 4th quarter of the NFCCG, he choked against the Chiefs in the 4th qtr of the SB, and if Tartt doesn't drop that pick in the NFCCG, Jimmy still would never instill confidence in my bones that he'd have capitalized off the turnover because he has proven time and time again that he wilts under pressure late in championship games

No doubt in my mind Jimmy doesn't lead us to the promised land even if Tartt makes the play.

And if let's say he would've lucked out and beat the Rams and went to the SB. Guess what, the Bengals likely win that game because HISTORY SHOWS Jimmy wilts in the 4th quarter.

Remember, the Bengals were beating the Rams 20-16 in the 4th quarter in the SB. Stafford passed for 283 and 3 TD's that game. No way Jimmy duplicates that.

We can argue what ifs til we're blue in the face, the fact remains the 49ers won all those games IN SPITE OF Jimmy not because of him

Purdy's 49ers win BECAUSE OF BCB, not the other way around. Defense can have a bad or mediocre game but with Brock the 49ers still win cause he's that good at MAKING SPLIT SECOND DECISIONS, something Jimmy is horrible at.

Last edited:
Reactions: ace
Lance learned "under Jimmy" for two years

Look how far that got Trey. Turns out, TL isn't all that good at anticipating the defense and making split second decisions just like his mentor Jimmy.

Jordan Love learned under Aaron Rodgers for 3 years. GB is 2-1 with Love as their QB and he is coming off 18-unanswered points in his stellar 4th quarter comeback win after the Packers were left for dead down 0-17 in front of their home crowd in the 4th.

Love has three straight games of putting up 20+ fantasy points to boot LOL

Back
Top Bottom