:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gona try and lighten the mood a bit

1725169892883.png

SF just becoming more and more avoidable for me. Used to go for day trips but it just ain’t even worth going anymore for that. On top of it all the idea of paying tolls and expensive parking just for the opportunity to get bipped or held up for some jewelry sounds absolutely psychotic.

Not worth.

Glad dukes ok but damn.. not a good look for CA at all for national news.

SF just becoming more and more avoidable for me. Used to go for day trips but it just ain’t even worth going anymore for that. On top of it all the idea of paying tolls and expensive parking just for the opportunity to get bipped or held up for some jewelry sounds absolutely psychotic.

Not worth.

Glad dukes ok but damn.. not a good look for CA at all for national news.
It ain’t Gotham City lol. Relax.

It ain’t Gotham City lol. Relax.
Yall acting like it’s one or the other. A place doesn’t need to be Gotham city to be a ****hole or a place I wanna avoid. I’m saying that what I’ll get from an experience there today just isn’t worth the hassle and risk it imposes.

If it ain’t Gotham city now tho, it’s definitely trending downward towards that. But those who say SF is still a good place or a good example of a metro area are just in denial and will never see it as a bad place. Whether for nostalgia or other reasons, I’ll never understand.

Yall acting like it’s one or the other. A place doesn’t need to be Gotham city to be a ****hole or a place I wanna avoid. I’m saying that what I’ll get from an experience there today just isn’t worth the hassle and risk it imposes.

If it ain’t Gotham city now tho, it’s definitely trending downward towards that. But those who say SF is still a good place or a good example of a metro area are just in denial and will never see it as a bad place. Whether for nostalgia or other reasons, I’ll never understand.
I understand that you have a choice in whether it’s worth it to make a day trip. I totally do.

But no one is in denial. We know it’s happening and we know the rough areas are still rough. But to magnify those issues and say crime is happening on EVERY block is simply not true.

People who keep stating that SF is the worst or that there’s crime and homeless on EVERY block is simply wrong.

My sister and her then bf left SF and moved to San Diego area in 2020. She works in construction and he’s in technology. They sensed something and told me years later they feel safer and happier living in La Jolla.

I still have a lot of extended family in the Bay Area though and they all want to see change and miss the good old days when inflation was nowhere near this high, people got along, and streets were not infested with the savage combination of illegals and criminal legals to make our communities less safe, and most importantly, leadership was somewhat competent and preached the right human values

Last edited:
I understand that you have a choice in whether it’s worth it to make a day trip. I totally do.

But no one is in denial. We know it’s happening and we know the rough areas are still rough. But to magnify those issues and say crime is happening on EVERY block is simply not true.

People who keep stating that SF is the worst or that there’s crime and homeless on EVERY block is simply wrong.
Legitimate question then; is union square considered a bad block now?

Legitimate question then; is union square considered a bad block now?
In terms of shopping, yes. A lot of places closed up because of pandemic/lockdown.

Is it a nest full of crime where you’ll be shot and mugged every minute? No. Still tons of tourists and events that happen there. Tons of folks walking around during my lunch breaks and or after work.

My sister and her then bf left SF and moved to San Diego area in 2020. She works in construction and he’s in technology. They sensed something and told me years later they feel safer and happier living in La Jolla.

I still have a lot of extended family in the Bay Area though and they all want to see change and miss the good old days when inflation was nowhere near this high, people got along, and streets were not infested with the savage combination of illegals and criminal legals to make our communities less safe, and most importantly, leadership was somewhat competent and preached the right human values

comparing SF to La Jolla is apples and oranges though. people who say things like this, i assume they just got tired of living in a city. which is fine. it’s not for everyone at every stage of their life

Last edited:
comparing SF to La Jolla is apples and oranges though. people who say things like this, i assume they just got tired of living in a city. which is fine? it’s not for everyone at every stage of their life
It’s the nice, wealthy suburb of SD. Their issues are Sea Lions taking over their beaches and trying to pass laws to ban them from the beach :lol:

We can polk fun at La Jolla all we want, there’s muggings and robberies happening at and all around that area too.

Point being, criminals get away with a lot more crap these days than it used to be.

Ain’t no way in hell broke thieves should get away with being able to steal up to $900 from public stores with no consequences. Because of what’s happening in the economy, many people feel like they have to rob in order to survive and that’s just wrong, no matter where we all live

I’m not intending to get all political up in here so I’m moving on from the subject and getting back to 9er football.

But Like DonRafa DonRafa said, the key is to be even more aware of our surroundings and have street smarts in light of what’s been happening in our economy and society today

Back
Top Bottom