:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With all this “i made it harder than it needed to be” bs, Brandon Aiyuk betta hope he in the good side of karma this season

He could’ve kept all that drama and whining behind closed doors like Trent Williams did and show that he’s a true professional.

But because he set his own bar, I EXPECT NOTHING LESS than 100 receptions, 1,300 yards, and double digit TD’s. More importantly I need ONE TD PER PLAYOFF GAME PLAYED, no exceptions.

He put the target on his own back when it comes to his heightened expectations going forward. Anything less that the above production is not acceptable.

Last edited:
ricky pearsall spotted in the weight room too. boy must really want to play. comin for deebo or jajuan jennings spot in the next season or 2?

i get out of bed too fast and agitate my lower back, i'm out the gym for two weeks. this dude gets shot in the ****in chest with a semi automatic and he's lifting weights two days later? is this what they mean when they say, "BUILT DIFFERENT?"

they already had a good look at keeping deebo, his salary/cap hit was less, but now that they've restructured i'd be very surprised if he wasn't on the team next year.

they also will for sure sign purdy to a big contract, and have the $ to do so. but that was a given.

unfortunately they're going to need to make some tough decisions with charvarious ward, fred warner, dre greenlaw, george kittle, jajuan jennings, kyle juicecheck. can't keep em all. even with cap magic, even paraag specials. it's gonna start next season. but 2026 and 2027 will be the real exodus.

they have GOTTA prioritize drafting OL, DB, and LB in 25 and 26. as much as it might kill this FO, the flashy-looking DL, RBs, WRs, and potential backup QBs gonna hve to wait for the late rounds.

They gotta nail these next two upcoming drafts. For as much as they’ve had success in the later rounds draft wise, they gotta have that same success in the earlier rounds.

Roster turnover and losing long time familiar faces sucks. But if they hit on their draft picks, it’s not the doomsday scenario people think it’ll be and it won’t be this major drop off production wise. You’re losing more name recognition and locker room presence than your are production if you hit on your picks. And even within that, you can’t keep everyone, but you can prioritize some guys so it’s not completely breaking up the band.

Assuming Purdy gets even better this season and consistently stays healthy. They’re set at the most important position for years to come. You can have interchangeable pieces within that. But you gotta have a lot of homegrown talent if the window is going to stay open well beyond the inevitable roster turnover that’s inevitably going to happen.

IMG_6045.jpeg

They gotta nail these next two upcoming drafts. For as much as they’ve had success in the later rounds draft wise, they gotta have that same success in the earlier rounds.

Roster turnover and losing long time familiar faces sucks. But if they hit on their draft picks, it’s not the doomsday scenario people think it’ll be and it won’t be this major drop off production wise. You’re losing more name recognition and locker room presence than your are production if you hit on your picks. And even within that, you can’t keep everyone, but you can prioritize some guys so it’s not completely breaking up the band.

Assuming Purdy gets even better this season and consistently stays healthy. They’re set at the most important position for years to come. You can have interchangeable pieces within that. But you gotta have a lot of homegrown talent if the window is going to stay open well beyond the inevitable roster turnover that’s inevitably going to happen.
Exactly right.

Like winning a Super Bowl with Wendell Tyler, Earl Cooper, Dwight Clark, Freddie Solomon, Randy Cross, Dwaine Board, Archie Reese, Carlton Williamson, Jack Reynolds, Bubba Paris, etc…

then follow it up by drafting Roger Craig, Tom Rathman, Tim McKyer, Jerry Rice, Guy McIntyre, Harris Barton, Pierce Holt, Jesse Sapolu, Michael Carter and developing ALL of them and turning them into impact starters and winning even more Super Bowls.

This is how the 49ers competed for championships pretty much every single season from 1980-1998.

The FORMULA for sustained, long term championship success is already there. York, Shanahan, and Lynch just need to copy DeBartolo, Walsh, and McVay’s blueprint

Last edited:
he's a first year rookie in a WR room loaded with talent where he could easily get buried, of course he wants to play. and in his mind (and his agent's) he's probably coming for Deebo or Jajuan jennings starter spot.

for these guys they're also well aware every paycheck could be the last. it just makes sense he is desperate to play. missing the first 4 games is probably devastating. Chris Conley or Ronnie Bell make a few good plays and ricky might be riding the pine on an offense where 2 WR sets are the standard, 3 WR sets are occasional, and 4 WR sets are rare.

for aaron banks i'm not that upset if he doesn't play (although he did grow from a bust question mark to a serviceable o line man), a ton of their job is hand fighting and grabbing. a busted finger is an issue. just means brock purdy's roommate nick zakelji gets a shot.

i'm more concerned with CMC. id bet he'll suit up bc he's mr. tough guy. but if he doesn't man... he's the work horse, the cowbell back, whatever you want to call it. behind him is Jordan Mason, who has never been trusted to get any work, and two nobodies. it's like the RB room (empty of talent behind CMC) is the opposite of the WR room.

here we are fellas!!!

gonna need this dline to show up and cause chaos!

LFG

*edit*
Just realized ive passed 20 years here on NT, not as active as i used to be and theres dudes here i’ve chopped it up with since the jump

dland24 dland24
niketalker23 niketalker23
cedric ceballos cedric ceballos

Here’s to 20 more fellas 🍻

Hell yeah. We’ve been on this site for a minute lol.

Are you going to the game at SoFi next Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom