:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine if Walsh and Seifert micro managed Montana and Young and didn’t allow them to audible. Imagine if Mike Shanahan micromanaged Elway and didn’t give him the freedom and the flexibility he had to run his offense the way he did during the mid to late 90s when DEN finally got over the hump and won their Super Bowls

IMG_7303.jpeg

i feel like the no audible thing probably goes back to jimmy. kyle didn’t even trust jimmy to call pass protection so juice had to do it, i’m sure he didn’t trust jimmy to audible. knowing kyle he liked having the little extra control

Even the Yahoo Fantasy Football editors give Shanahan zero respect in my daily fantasy football feed :lol:

1729897723816.png

Shanahan gotta go! Everyone is done with him. The narcissist’s credibility is shot.

I can see that shanahan has many faults (protecting leads, clock management, late game play calling) and micromanages the team, and at the same time, unless it’s belichick, idk who’s out there that immediately makes this squad a contender.

I can see that shanahan has many faults (protecting leads, clock management, late game play calling) and micromanages the team, and at the same time, unless it’s belichick, idk who’s out there that immediately makes this squad a contender.
After DeBartolo fired Seifert, he found Mariucci.

We were contenders with Mariucci, we just couldn’t get by Holmgren and the Packers because Holmgren knew everything and everything about how to beat the 49ers west coast offense.

I ain’t worried one bit about replacing Kyle. On a ready to win roster, Ben Johnson or Belichick are solid replacements. Heck I may even promote Kubiak since he’s already with the team. If John Harbaugh fails to deliver with his currently stacked BAL team and they lose in the playoffs again and they somehow fire him, he immediately would be solid candidate. At least John Harbaugh has a Super Bowl W so I’d take him over Kyle at this point. There will be viable options, I’m not worried about that.

The fact he is regressing with the 49ers and that he has seemingly lost the locker room, and the fact that he no longer possesses play calling creativity and opposing defenses have caught up to his offense and are now limiting his offense to field goals …..lets me know all I need to know.

Meanwhile Andy Reid is missing his best running back, his best wide receiver, one of his best pass rushers and yet he is still savvy and creative enough to find ways to win games with backups.

I compare Kyle to Reid and no other coach because it’s the 49ers that have faced the Chiefs more than any other team in the Super Bowl the last 4-5 years so one would think Kyle is on Reid’s level when Kyle has been to three Super Bowls in the last 7,8 years. Shanahan is out of excuses as far as I’m concerned

Last edited:
I know some of y’all can’t stand Cohn, but here’s a nice one to kickstart your weekend where GC gives 49ers fans the spotlight to voice their opinions on where they think Kyle and the 9ers are headed this season

My point is, the overwhelming opinion in most discussion forums is that Kyle and leadership are the number one problem and that Kyle has to go if the 9ers continue their downward trajectory.

I find it interesting that its seemingly not the overwhelming opinion here on NT.

Back
Top Bottom