:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in honor of bow's contract extension that makes him a niner for life, my favorite bow play on a historic night at the stick:

Last edited:
speaking of PWillis, i know a lot of knowledgeable CFB cats in here are already looking towards that 2017 draft. yall know any good ILBs we should keep our eye on this year? besides a competent QB, I want nothing more than a competent, run stuffing ILB to complement Bowman.

you could tell 52 was sorely missed last season on run plays. more often than not, he was able to get to a back immediately after they got past the line of scrimmage and before they could break into the open field. we were getting GASHED up the gut last year, and not just by Marshawn.
its my belief that teams are moving away from 4 linebacker sets. A lot of the formations now a days call for an extra secondary player whether it be a safety or an additional corner.

by all accounts from camp, AA is easily the most stand out player. dude is dominating in every facet of the game. 

can't wait to see the twin towers out on the field this season. 
devil.gif
 i expect to be seeing a good amount of this:
[h1]  Teammate on 49ers DT Arik Armstead: ‘He’s killing it’[/h1]
Jim Harbaugh has often said NFL players make their biggest jump between their first and second season.

And it appears 49ers defensive tackle Arik Armstead, 21, could be a prime example.

The No. 17 overall pick in 2015 has had an impressive start to training camp after a quiet rookie season that included one start, 19 tackle and two sacks.

Armstead, listed at 6-foot-7 and 292 pounds, has been consistently collapsing the pocket with a strong bull-rush. When Eric Reid was asked if he noticed Armstead had a different mindset in his second training camp, the safety smiled.

“Have y’all been watching the kid?” Reid said. “He’s killing it. He’s focused. He’s making plays. When you see him, he’s doing what you think he should do based on the way he looks. The kid’s a monster.”

The 49ers have drafted a defensive player in the first round in four straight seasons. In 2016, it appears Reid (2013), Armstead and cornerback Jimmie Ward (2014) will start, while defensive tackle DeForest Bucker, the No. 7 pick this year, could join them.

“If (Armstead) could being DeFo along with him,” Reid said. “That would be awesome, too.”

Last edited:
Man i cant wait for next Sunday!
With all the position battles going on these games are way more meaningful then years past.

i wonder if the front office just wants Kap to start because anything close to a redemption story for him would be very marketable not to mention up his trade value. it's feast or extreme famine with Kap, whereas Gabbert will probably lead this team to a 5 win season at best

kap tried to test the rookie and paid the price. i'm digging rashard robinson's swagger. that look he gave deandrew white after he snatched the ball. :lol: :nthat:

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/C...ping-INT/5fb5c9ba-08a1-48c1-b464-a72d3315fff7

hearing nothing but great things about him in camp. he's up to 185 lbs. his situation is very similar to lynchmobb's coming out of USF.  #steal :nthat:  

that was an egregiously under thrown ball :smh:

**** bringing back memories of him repeatedly throwing off his back foot during that Arizona game, giving me PTSD

by the way, John Dickinson reported earlier on 95.7 that Vance MacDonald was still having trouble holding onto passes during camp :lol:

cuzz cut from the same cloth as VD

Last edited:
I wasn't too excited about Rogers, so I aint really tripping. His tape did not excite me.

I want to see a healthy Smelter above all. Torrey, Smelter and Bruce are the starting three I want to see. Torrey at split end, Smelter at flanker and Bruce in the slot. You've got a little bit of everything with these three on the field. 

red what's your take on DeAndrew White? he was so ready to show out after everyone overlooked him for Amari

i am definitely a fan of D-White's skillset. I think he was clearly overwhelmed by the bright lights and the game speed of the NFL. He should assimilate a lot better this time around. I think he'd be the #6 body i'd keep at WR.

our D-line continues to receive praise from the mainstream media 
nthat.gif
 #therealsanfranciscoGIANTS

iirc jimmy t had d white fielding kick offs. that didn't seem to fit him well. i mean why not have Bruce do that?

I just noticed Je'Ron Hamm is wearing #85 lol. Goes to show you how highly the organization thought of vernon davis. 
laugh.gif

Well, that didn’t take long.

Niners rookie defensive tackle DeForest Buckner, the No. 7 overall pick, required fewer than six training-camp practice to vault from third-stringer to starter. Buckner, Arik Armstead, a 2015 first-round pick and Quinton Dial have been forming the first-team defensive line.

“We didn’t give him anything,” defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil said. “He had to earn it. He earned our respect. He earned the players’ respect. I think all of our guys know, we don’t care where you were drafted. You’re going to have to earn it.”

The 49ers’ other first-round pick, Joshua Garnett, could soon earn a similar promotion. Garnett, who missed most of the offseason program because he was still enrolled at Stanford, has been lining up as the second-string right guard next to tackle Anthony Davis. Guard Andrew Tiller and tackle Trent Brown are ahead of them on the depth chart.

Tartt returns: Safety Jaquiski Tartt participated in his first practice after he spent the early part of training camp on the active/non-football injury list with a pulled muscle.

Tartt, a 2015 second-round pick, doesn’t figure to crack the starting lineup with Eric Reid and Antoine Bethea on the roster. However, O’Neil indicated he’d be used extensively in other defensive packages. The 49ers plan to have Reid cover tight ends in the slot in certain situations.

(Tarrt’s) “a guy that’s a part of our plans,” O’Neil said. “I’m excited to get him out there and get it rolling, because we haven’t really been able to utilize some of those packages because he hasn’t practiced. And then when he’s back, that allows us to do some things with Eric and allows us to do some new things pressure-wise.”

Defo
nthat.gif
Going to be one of Baalke's best picks yet. 
nthat.gif

Sounds like Defo, Dial and AA are going to be the starters inside.

Last edited:
That didn't take long.

I looking forward to a healthy Glenn Dorsey if there is such a thing. He was playing out of his mind a couple years back.

Yup, D-line is stacked like ************. By far our strongest position group.

I looked at Kelly's last couple final 53-man rosters, and he usually keeps 5 DEs and 2 NTs. I think the final D-line will look like this:

DE

Arik Armstead
Quinton Dial
Deforest Buckner
Glenn Dorsey

Ronald Blair

NT

Mike Purcell

Darren Lake(dont sleep on this big ol' 'bama kid)

Jim O'Neil has really been harping on the notion that the best players will play regardless of scheme or position. Since our OLBs haven't proven **** aside from lynchmobb, I think we might see a lot of hybrid fronts.This way you can keep Defo, AA and Dial on the field even in sub packages. Ronald Blair is going to be a god damn player. I love, love, love this pick. He's definitely going to be in the mix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom