:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
one week until the combine:pimp:

this dude is going to generate some buzz

His movement and ability to get off the line track the ball over his head and body control all are very reminiscent of AJ Green. Only if he was as mature as AJ.

He's a no brainer in the 2nd; however, it's a HUGE risk taking him in the 1st with his character issues. Dude needs to prove he's matured.

Only thing I worry about is his ability to beat press coverage against a huge corner like Sherman. Sherman will neutralize his size advantage and force him to beat him other ways. He's not as thick or strong as KB, and he doesn't show much savvyness in his release moves. I would also like him to be way more aggressive at attacking the ball at its highest point. At 6'6 he should be snatching that **** with ferocity a lot higher over his defenders. Sometimes he seems almost passive because he knows he's always bigger than his defender. Devante Parker and Kevin White are perfect examples of what I'm talking about: they're smaller than DGB, but they play bigger than their height. Both are very aggressive at getting those arms extended and attacking the ball at its highest point.

Dude is a freak tho and all of this can be coached up. So big, long and just eats up field with those long, easy strides.

Shelton slips to 15,and they nab DGB in the 2nd. :pimp: that's one of my dream scenarios.

Last edited:
Baalke doesn't strike me as a guy who lets his draft history, whether success or failure, dictate his future decisions or affect his confidence in his ability to choose players. This is the same guy who was confident that he could sustain success without Harbaugh. He will pick whoever at whatever positionnif it's the guy he wants.

in regards to DGB, I don't think Baalke gives a **** about winning with class ******** jed is spewing, just look at Aldon and Lynch, they both had character concerns coming from college

I remember bringing up DGB wayyyyyy back in December and red chewed me up about him now you posting his highlight tapes just thought it was funny now that u speak of him

This guy makes no sense lol.

He's one of the reasons I don't post in the NFL thread. I still remember the idiot trying to explain Seattle's defensive philosophy as "cover 4". Hahahhaha. It's amazing how clueless the average NFL fan is.
Who is this clown??
laugh.gif
.....He not even a 9ERS fan is he??.....should go worry about the team he roots 4!!!!.....
mean.gif

I remember bringing up DGB wayyyyyy back in December and red chewed me up about him now you posting his highlight tapes just thought it was funny now that u speak of him

Everything I said was the truth tho. This guy is a god damn idiot. He was kicked off the mizzou team, got caught with a pound of weed and allegedly threw some girl down a flight of stairs. His potential is undeniable, but his character concerns are legimate, and its a huge risk taking him in the 1st.

Character issues aside, I would still take Kevin White over DGB easily.

Last edited:

Everything I said was the truth tho. This guy is a god damn idiot. He was kicked off the mizzou team, got caught with a pound of weed and allegedly threw some girl down a flight of stairs. His potential is undeniable, but his character concerns are legimate, and its a huge risk taking him in the 1st.

Character issues aside, I would still take Kevin White over DGB easily.

Would you take him in the 2nd rd though? and what if he does generate a buzz at the combine and his projection moves up then what...the point I'm trying to say this ain't the 1st rodeo with guys having a past they still get drafted especially talented ones

It depends on who we grab in the 1st, but if he's theres in the 2nd then I think you have to take him.

I really like Devin Smith tho, but they're 2 different type of WRs.

No way in the first for me. Too much of a gamble. I can live with a second being a bust or fizzling out, but there's elite, impact players in the 1st that you can't gamble over.

Last edited:
Remember, we still haven't seen Ellington's potential... I think he can be someone to stretch the field and he's able to work the work the slot

If we don't get Kev White or DGB then I rather not reach for a WR

Agreed.

We harp on the WRs, DBs, RBs, etc. because the skill positions are much more fun to talk about. Who wants to talk about the fluidity of TJ Clemmings kick-slide or how flexible his lower half is? 
tongue.gif

Last edited:
49ERS 2015 DRAFT PICKS
1. First round: Own pick, No. 15 overall
2. Second round: Own pick, No. 14 in round
3. Third round: Own pick, No. 15 in round
4. Fourth round: Pick from Denver, No. 30 in round (draft day trade, 2014)
Own pick (conditional) traded to Bills for WR Stevie Johnson.
*5. Fourth round:tongue:ossible compensatory pick for loss of Donte Whitner
6. Fifth round: Own pick, No. 15 in round
7. Sixth round: Own pick , No. 14 in round
8. Seventh round: Pick from Indianapolis (trade for OLB Cam Johnson, 2013)
*9. Seventh round: Possible compensatory pick for loss of Anthony Dixon
Own pick (conditional) traded to Dolphins for OL Jonathan Martin.

If Shelton falls a bit I wouldn't be opposed to trading up a few picks to snatch him. I'd love to get DGB in the 2nd but I have a feeling he's about to show out at the combine, not only skill wise but his size is ridiculous in itself.

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN 5 hours ago
Not sure if there’s anything to read into it, but I’m hearing DL Justin Smith has regularly stopped by #49ers facility since end of season.

I am pretty confident Danny Shelton will slip right to us. I think most of us who are familiar with scheming agree that he is a 2-gap, 0-technique(3-4 Nose tackle). Here is the break down of the draft the way I see it(3-4 teams in bold):

1    Tampa Bay Buccaneers    
2    Tennessee Titans    <--way too high to take him with leonard williams on the board
3    Jacksonville Jaguars  
4    Oakland Raiders  
5    Washington ********    <--still too early to take him with elite pass rushers out there, and they need an OLB
6    New York Jets    <--dont need any DL help. already one of, if not the, best DL in NFL.
7    Chicago Bears    <--Vic Fangio doesn't like fat nose tackles. i am not being facetious either. this is why we never had a NT over 300lbs.
8    Atlanta Falcons    <-switching to 4-3. HOWEVER, if they're going to replicate seattle's defense, then he could be drafted here. seattle loved those backside 2-gap defenders like mebane, bryant, etc. still, i feel like they wont value his position enough to use a 8th overall pick on a situational 2-gapper.
9    New York Giants    
10    St. Louis Rams    
11    Minnesota Vikings    
12    Cleveland Browns    <--need a WR to replace josh gordon. probably will take kevin white. 
frown.gif

13    New Orleans Saints    
14    Miami Dolphins    
15    San Francisco 49ers  <--welcome to SF danny. 
pimp.gif
front 7 just got a little more stacked.

Most teams really undervalue the nose tackle position. 

Last edited:
Ahmad Brooks with end up in DC his dad played for the skins and they will be big FA players. Danny Shelton really wasn't like a Suh type prospect so going top 10 would be a surprise.

Those Polynesians tho you know what your gonna get a ton of power and gaps blown up.

Also think Malcolm Brown will be a hell of a player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom