Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

That's being very, very optimistic. I could see us having a winning season easily, which would be the first one since 2002. The 49ers played like craptoday, but we only have 2 losses and it's not like we lost to the Rams. Hopefully Singletary skull drags these guys for 2 weeks until the very idea ofhalf-stepping like they did to day causes physical pain.

Wow Tropocin, take the blinders off my friend.

The Niners just look unprepared and flat playing the Falcons, I wanna put a majority of the blame on Singletary for not having the team ready ... but he'sonly as good as the talent we have on the field.

IMO, Staley, Snyder and Chilo are struggling right now to do their job ... I'm seeing them consistently getting bullrushed 5yards off the line or eatinggrass while someone blows by them.

Hill is only as good as his O-line and with them not being able to help out the run game or keep him standing straight up it could be a very long season.

Our corners are aging, we knew this coming in so the early season surge they had has been a surprise ... we know their weaknesses and when they get exposedlike today's game it just confirms of how much we need to upgrade with our D.

I'm hopeful though after the boy, Sing needs to get back in their @#%$+ and I'm hoping Gore is back healthy and Crabtree can contribute so we can getsome wins going.

The way we play on the field is something the team can control, if the Cards or Seahawks wake up ... now that's out of our control
mad.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Wow Tropocin, take the blinders off my friend.

The Niners just look unprepared and flat playing the Falcons, I wanna put a majority of the blame on Singletary for not having the team ready ... but he's only as good as the talent we have on the field.

IMO, Staley, Snyder and Chilo are struggling right now to do their job ... I'm seeing them consistently getting bullrushed 5yards off the line or eating grass while someone blows by them.

Hill is only as good as his O-line and with them not being able to help out the run game or keep him standing straight up it could be a very long season.

Our corners are aging, we knew this coming in so the early season surge they had has been a surprise ... we know their weaknesses and when they get exposed like today's game it just confirms of how much we need to upgrade with our D.

I'm hopeful though after the boy, Sing needs to get back in their @#%$+ and I'm hoping Gore is back healthy and Crabtree can contribute so we can get some wins going.

The way we play on the field is something the team can control, if the Cards or Seahawks wake up ... now that's out of our control
mad.gif

I understand what you're saying.

The bottom line is that singletary has proven from his track record that 9 times out 10 the 49ers will play their guts out for him.
And keep in mind that singletary is going to be relentless in irritating the team over this loss, so irritating that I'm willing to go out on a limb andsay that another blowout won't take place for the remaining 11 games of the 09 regular season and along with that I'm willing to say that they will winmany more football games.
*Don't forget that we're 3-0 in our division, Gore is coming back and crabtree will be playing in the next game.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

this team really misses gore. coffee's alright, but hes a career backup.

theres NO way you can say that about Coffee at this point. Dude basically got put into a position he's not ready for at this point. His NFL vision is notup there yet, but to say he's a career back up 4 games into his rookie season is nonsense.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

theres NO way you can say that about Coffee at this point. Dude basically got put into a position he's not ready for at this point. His NFL vision is not up there yet, but to say he's a career back up 4 games into his rookie season is nonsense.

^ ture and with that said I can't wait till Gore comes back not that his return in this game would have mattered much. We are not a team that can come backfrom 14 or 17 down. Hopefully we can shore up some things in the bye week and get back on track.

I wasn't able to watch the whole game but are secondary looked
sick.gif

And Dre Bly as is the Play and the fumble weren't bad enough afterwards in an intreview in said "I'm just gunna be me" REALLY? dudes like a30 year vet what the $%@% was he thinking
tired.gif

theres NO way you can say that about Coffee at this point. Dude basically got put into a position he's not ready for at this point. His NFL vision is not up there yet, but to say he's a career back up 4 games into his rookie season is nonsense.
i'll agree with you with my labeling on him is 'early' but i dont get the "hes not in a position for that role yet". How ishe not ready? he knew from the get that he was going to be spelling gore this season. It's not like dude WASN'T going to get any playing time thisseason at all. He should be ready to play as if he's the starting tailback every game.

and personally, i just dont think he has the "it" factor to be the primary back.

i'll agree with you with my labeling on him is 'early' but i dont get the "hes not in a position for that role yet". How is he not ready? he knew from the get that he was going to be spelling gore this season. It's not like dude WASN'T going to get any playing time this season at all. He should be ready to play as if he's the starting tailback every game.

and personally, i just dont think he has the "it" factor to be the primary back.
he never really practiced with the starting squad much till Rams game. Also he might have been expecting 10-15 carries a game, but when he andgore play along side it will help coffee alot, and it's only his second start.

btw, im not saying he's gonna be great either

I agree with the early evaluations of Coffee. I know its early in his career but good to great running backs seem to find tough yards and have great vision. Granted the O-line play hasn't helped much.

Well the 49ers got hit with a !%%* storm and just played awful football in every facet of the game while the falcons, coming off a bye week were ready and hitus early and often taking any momentum we could have had.

I think having the bye week to get their act together and Gore coming back will give us a W in Houston.

I honestly think we would have still lost. $$@% I'm still kinda mad.

We have a bye week coming up so it's time to regroup and get focused for the rest of the games here on out. Gore will be back so that should help usout alot.

horrible...we didnt even show up...its like they didnt even listen to singletary and to be embarrased at home like that is not acceptable

what a game i didnt expect the boys to lose like that, our 0 line needs to protect hill. Defense was garbage no sacks in the entire game come on, i say benchhill and start smith with crabtree at housten
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom