:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Atlanta Falcons @ The Georgia Dome 10/03:::

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Playoffs are a stretch, thats for sure.

indifferent.gif

We should start scouting QBs with our top 5 pick.
0-4 and youre telling me we have a great chance of making the playoffs?

Im more optimistic than most, but...

Bad teams always find ways to lose games like this. Even in the horrible NFC West, the Niners are done. Smith, Singletary and Manusky will all be unemployed come January 3rd 2011.

Bad teams always find ways to lose games like this. Even in the horrible NFC West, the Niners are done. Smith, Singletary and Manusky will all be unemployed come January 3rd 2011.

indifferent.gif

Once again, Drizzyd completely misunderstands what he reads.  Shocker.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

stay in school drizzy.

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

stay in school drizzy.

If we have a top 5 pick the front office will mess that up also.

If we have a top 5 pick the front office will mess that up also.

Why is it that our defense plays dominant football, then when it matters the most, we switch to this soft *!% coverage that basically allows the opponents offense to do whatever it wants? I just dont get it.

Why is it that our defense plays dominant football, then when it matters the most, we switch to this soft *!% coverage that basically allows the opponents offense to do whatever it wants? I just dont get it.

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
drizzyd ready to give his jim mora "playoffs" speech

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
drizzyd ready to give his jim mora "playoffs" speech

on a more positive note, glad taylor mays showed up today. as much as i like michael lewis and having a veteran on D, mays is only gonna get better (no mike rumph)

on a more positive note, glad taylor mays showed up today. as much as i like michael lewis and having a veteran on D, mays is only gonna get better (no mike rumph)

This game is like the New Orleans game.  The Offensive Line and Gore still finding holes, even against an 8 man defensive front.  Alex Smith managing the game on mostly checkdowns (although still innaccurate at times) and not throwing deep.  Offense got more creative, but is still limited by the skillsets of the QB only throwing checkdowns, still can't throw deep on a consistent basis.  Great special teams and good defense, although Clements should have taken a knee or ran out of bounds.  Like you guys, I knew he was going to fumble it because I saw a Falcons player chasing Clements down trying to punch the ball out. 

moe200069 wrote:
49ers coaching staff and front office has been overcommitted to Alex Smith for 5 seasons, they're intent on proving that their #1 draft pick isn't a bust...at this point, even if Smith salvages this season, no ones gonna want him during the offseason.  but why do i get the feeling that some NFC west team is gonna sign him as a back up?
Well, its like the Lions staying with GM Matt Millen for eight years.  The rest of the NFL knows he is a bust, but the team he is on is intent on proving the rest of the NFL wrong at the expense of the success of the team.  Alex Smith can probably find a role a back up since he is a good game manager like Trent Dilfer.

This game is like the New Orleans game.  The Offensive Line and Gore still finding holes, even against an 8 man defensive front.  Alex Smith managing the game on mostly checkdowns (although still innaccurate at times) and not throwing deep.  Offense got more creative, but is still limited by the skillsets of the QB only throwing checkdowns, still can't throw deep on a consistent basis.  Great special teams and good defense, although Clements should have taken a knee or ran out of bounds.  Like you guys, I knew he was going to fumble it because I saw a Falcons player chasing Clements down trying to punch the ball out. 

moe200069 wrote:
49ers coaching staff and front office has been overcommitted to Alex Smith for 5 seasons, they're intent on proving that their #1 draft pick isn't a bust...at this point, even if Smith salvages this season, no ones gonna want him during the offseason.  but why do i get the feeling that some NFC west team is gonna sign him as a back up?
Well, its like the Lions staying with GM Matt Millen for eight years.  The rest of the NFL knows he is a bust, but the team he is on is intent on proving the rest of the NFL wrong at the expense of the success of the team.  Alex Smith can probably find a role a back up since he is a good game manager like Trent Dilfer.

Back
Top Bottom