:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Minnesota Vikings:::

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Is it going to be cold around game time? Because if it is Brett's joints will be acting up, and Tylenol can only do so much for arthritis.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

niners win 27-24 on a last minute game winning FG by nedney

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just make old man Favre beat us, which he won't since he'll be too giddy "acting like a kid again" seeing Nedney up-close during warm-ups.

I'm hoping for a good game here.

So many things to plan for, the Vikings are BEASTs on D meaning our O-line needs to be on their A-game.

We not only have our eye on A.P, but Percy (Favre's favorite target) should be all over the place.

I wanna see improvement!
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
at all the homers in here.

Vikes win by 10....no way ya'll are going to beat us in the Dome. I won't post for a week if it happens.

It's going to be loud as hell in there....I almost feel bad for Shaun Hill because he won't be able to hear @%#@. Hell, Matt Schaub wore tape over hisearholes last year when he came to the Metrodome because of how loud it was and he couldn't hear the calls or his teammates. Debut of Percy and Favre inthe Metrodome....you better believe we're going to be determined to get the W.

AP, Percy, Favre, Berrian, Rice, Shiancoe, Chester = Greatest Show on Turf (for at least a game
laugh.gif
).
Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Is it going to be cold around game time? Because if it is Brett's joints will be acting up, and Tylenol can only do so much for arthritis.
Metrodome%20Roof%20View.jpg

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
and what are you doing?...i dont see you picking the niners to win
laugh.gif
...of course were gonna pick the niners to win cause well were niner fan duhh
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
...dont hate cause we got more niner fans up in here andminny fans
roll.gif

no...we want you to post for a week so we can clown on you
tongue.gif

JPZx wrote:

Vikes win by 10....no way ya'll are going to beat us in the Dome. I won't post for a week if it happens.

Hmmmmm, this quote is from the NBA Mock Draft thread in which JPZ drops out..........

Originally Posted by CP1708

JPZ, you droppin your team? This legit? SoHi if you want, you can slide into his place.
Yeah, I'm out. I've got stuff to do this week and might not be on as much.

Weird.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
...dont hate cause we got more niner fans up in here and minny fans
roll.gif

tongue.gif

I'm being logical, you're being a homer You'd have to be stupid to think the Vikings are not the clear-cut favorites in this game. The Vikings area better team at every single position (offense AND defense) than the Niners excluding LB.

So basically you think it's perfectly fine to have a biased opinion with no substance behind it because you think you can justify it by saying "Hey!Were Niners fans so we can say the Niners are going to win because we're fans of the team!"

Is it too hard to ask you to just think a little bit outside of the box?
CP1708
Look at the quote, I said I have stuff going on THIS WEEK, therefore I won't be posting as much as normal this week.

The Vikings/49ers game is Sunday 9/27 (not this week). I said I won't be posting for the week after that if the Vikings lose.....so what does that have todo with this week?

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
Come on man, it was funny timing is all, just jokes for the giggles.
wink.gif
Yeah but Niner fans aren't intelligent enough to see what I pointed out on their own, so I needed to inform them
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

tongue.gif

I'm being logical, you're being a homer You'd have to be stupid to think the Vikings are not the clear-cut favorites in this game. The Vikings are a better team at every single position (offense AND defense) than the Niners excluding LB.

So basically you think it's perfectly fine to have a biased opinion with no substance behind it because you think you can justify it by saying "Hey! Were Niners fans so we can say the Niners are going to win because we're fans of the team!"

Look at the quote, I said I have stuff going on THIS WEEK, therefore I won't be posting as much as normal this week.

The Vikings/49ers game is Sunday 9/27 (not this week). I said I won't be posting for the week after that if the Vikings lose.....so what does that have to do with this week?

roll.gif
roll.gif
are you serious?

with so much logic and thought you've provided, whats the point of playing on sunday then? it's a clear cut win for the vikings.
wink.gif

Because there's no paper championships. But there IS such a thing as a logical prediction.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

tongue.gif

I'm being logical, you're being a homer You'd have to be stupid to think the Vikings are not the clear-cut favorites in this game. The Vikings are a better team at every single position (offense AND defense) than the Niners excluding LB.

So basically you think it's perfectly fine to have a biased opinion with no substance behind it because you think you can justify it by saying "Hey! Were Niners fans so we can say the Niners are going to win because we're fans of the team!"

indifferent.gif

Aint nobody being a homer. Are you guys favorites at home? Obviously. Do we think we can win. Definitely. Here are some quotes from VIKINGS fans on the Vikingsmessage board.

I think their D will be too much for our vanilla, one man, predictable offense. Willis will likely be the defensive player of the week. I thought the addition of Favre was supposed to help make teams pay when they run-blitz us, it hasnt, and the 49ers will do it early and often. Wouldnt surprise me if Favre gets hurt, soon. No way he can keep taking hit after hit and still stay healthy.
Gore looks great and we have had a very tough time stopping very average running attacks. Luckily the Packers have lost a game cuz we are about to be destroyed I think.
Vikings 10
49ers 27
The 49ers havent allowed 300yds passing to the pass-happy Cards or the Seachickens and BC/Bevell are going to light them up for 300+, Id agree, wishful thinking prediction. I hope your right, but I seriously doubt we crack 200yds passing since we havent against the Lions or the Browns.
Starting score, MIN 28 - SF 28

Homefield, MIN +3
Min inexperience on OLine, MIN -4
Favre limited to short passing game, MIN -4
Min rush defense, SF -3
SF rush defense, MIN -3
SF inexperience at QB, SF -4
Conservative coaching, MIN -2
Aggressive coaching, SF +3
SF special teams, SF +3

SF 27 - MIN 18
think that playing a half of a game will catch up with the team, the 49ers are a decent team, we play a half, we lose. Their D will blitz Brett all day, Willis absolutely shut AD down the last time. While a win is a win, we played two absolutely terrible teams, who were destroyed in their other games, Clevelands ONLY TD since November is still just the one against us, they couldnt even score against the terrible Denver D, but they could against us. The Lions were destroyed by Saints, it was neve r a game, we were losing at the half.

Its great we are 2-0 and I hope we continue to win. But the play of the Vikings has been very, very conservitive on offense and frankly suspect on defense. With what we allowed the lowly Browns and Lions to rush for, Id say guys who have Gore on their fantasy teams will be pretty happy come Sunday, he'll run all over us. Hope Im wrong, but we have looked very poor so far IMO. Plenty of time to improve, but our schedule gets mean coming up and we'll have to improve or it'll be painful to watch.

Also, I believe the 49ers run a 3-4, which we really struggle to block and play against, and now we face that 2 weeks in a row.
Link
I guess they're just being homers huh.
eyes.gif

Nice
ee7167138054e943b70624ce7774d9a7fab96892.gif
...you found four pessimistic fans...congrats.There's going to be a few when you have four super bowl appearances in the history of the franchise w/ zero titles. Not everyone is going to be happy golucky like most of the Niner fans in here.

But hey, I can do it too....
I really hope we can keep up with them but I think we get beat up a little here...plus I don't think Gore will have another big game like he had against the Seachickens...I would have to say it will be 24-10 Minnesota over SF...I hope and pray I am wrong but I still do not believe in our offense and I think our defense will spend too much time on the field
Vikings 30
49ers -3
Vikings 24
49ers- 16

i don't see us shuting A.P down
Very true but Farve still went 23 for 27...Adrian didn't have a great game...I believe our offense is very weak...I know the defense will keep us in the game like they did in Week 1...I really hope I am wrong...I just have a feeling we might walk away 2-1
I predict this will be a low scoring game (go figure). If you think about it. Our teams are very similar in many ways, and are schemes will reflect it as well:

AP is their QB while Favre is there to manage the game and provide posture in the pocket, with the abilty to improvise as needed.

Gore is our QB, and we all know that the only thing Hill has proven to do thus far is manage a game.

Of the two game managers (Hill & Favre), neither show much in escaping sacks, but Favre is proven to be able to air it out, so in that, I will give the Vikings the edge.

17-10 Vikings
Link

Nice
ee7167138054e943b70624ce7774d9a7fab96892.gif
...you found four pessimistic fans...congrats. There's going to be a few when you have four super bowl appearances in the history of the franchise w/ zero titles. Not everyone is going to be happy go lucky like most of the Niner fans in here.

But hey, I can do it too....
I really hope we can keep up with them but I think we get beat up a little here...plus I don't think Gore will have another big game like he had against the Seachickens...I would have to say it will be 24-10 Minnesota over SF...I hope and pray I am wrong but I still do not believe in our offense and I think our defense will spend too much time on the field
Vikings 30
49ers -3
Vikings 24
49ers- 16

i don't see us shuting A.P down
Very true but Farve still went 23 for 27...Adrian didn't have a great game...I believe our offense is very weak...I know the defense will keep us in the game like they did in Week 1...I really hope I am wrong...I just have a feeling we might walk away 2-1
I predict this will be a low scoring game (go figure). If you think about it. Our teams are very similar in many ways, and are schemes will reflect it as well:

AP is their QB while Favre is there to manage the game and provide posture in the pocket, with the abilty to improvise as needed.

Gore is our QB, and we all know that the only thing Hill has proven to do thus far is manage a game.

Of the two game managers (Hill & Favre), neither show much in escaping sacks, but Favre is proven to be able to air it out, so in that, I will give the Vikings the edge.

17-10 Vikings
Link

You call it pessimism, I call it being realistic. I'm glad you found Viking fans on a Vikings board that have faith you guys are going to win, it'd bea shame if you couldn't. Kudos.

^Those are from a 49ers message board. Viking fans in general are some of the most jaded and pessimistic in all of football.

Vikings will be fired up for their first home game of the season and should win by at least 10. The only way the 49ers win is if they force several turnovers.

Originally Posted by SFN 155

^Those are from a 49ers message board. Viking fans in general are some of the most jaded and pessimistic in all of football.

Vikings will be fired up for their first home game of the season and should win by at least 10. The only way the 49ers win is if they force several turnovers.
Ok good lookin I didn't even click the link so I'll eat my words. Can't wait til Sunday. Trash talk aside I do think the Vikings are ahell of a team as long as they can get AP going. Like I said, we make Favre beat us. If we can contain AP we can win. Should be a great game..I'm justhyped for some football.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom