:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers. vs. New Orleans Saints @ The Superdome11/25 :::

What is this disrespect nonsense. Are you in high school? Alex Smith cold have signed elsewhere this offseason if he was feeling so disrespected. In actuality he probably knew this was his chance to win and probably thought it was his job to lose.

How he lost it may rub people the wrong way but after the Giants loss this year time was running out.

Yes, Alex played great that game. And yes he led us to a win on that day, I'll give him that. But he looked like trash the following week against the Giants.
Don't sit here and tell me that we won 13 games last year because of Alex. He managed games and did what he was asked, but when we need big 3rd down plays, he hasn't consistently delivered. He isn't capable of getting pushed out of the pocket and making a 2nd or 3rd read. He has no zip on his throws. I completely understand that Kap only has 2 starts under his belt and there is no reason to get over excited, but it's obvious that he has more talent than Smith. He is capable of making plays with his feet, he can make the 2nd or 3rd read, and he's got a gun on him. He can open up the field for this offense. I do believe he will make more mistakes than Smith, but I'll take that. I really believe Kap gives this team the best chance to win NOW.

This is key. Alex CANNOT do this consistantly. He goes to his first read and if it's not there he is lost. Kaep also isn't afraid to throw into coverage which is something Alex also does very rarely.

Kaep has been surprisingly accurate, has had good touch and great velocity on his throws. His ability to move the pocket, extend the play and lethal ability to run make our offense extremely dynamic. Kaep panning out is HUGE for the Niners because it allows us to extend and re-sign key guys. I am lucky enough to watch the games with John Taylor(yup, that John Taylor) and he believes Kaep is going to be something special. He told me he would be something special when we drafted him.

Last edited:
What is this disrespect nonsense. Are you in high school? Alex Smith cold have signed elsewhere this offseason if he was feeling so disrespected. In actuality he probably knew this was his chance to win and probably thought it was his job to lose.
How he lost it may rub people the wrong way but after the Giants loss this year time was running out.

yes cause your defense getting dominated up front had nothing to do with that loss :lol:

Did alex smith throwing picks help, nope.

but you guys were handled that game all over the field.

Ok? So look back at the NFC championship game. When they're down he lacks the capability through his conservatism to bring the offense back when everyone knows they have to throw.

Lets not pretend he's carving up elite defenses all of a sudden. Yeah statistically the AZ game was nice but the Wr's made plays out of short and medium throws.

This team will go as far as the defense and running game takes us.

The difference with Kap and Smith is that Kap can make more plays and he is more versatile, which is just another added weapon. If the niners get down in a game, how many people have trust in Smith bringing us back? Esp. against an elite D? We've seen Smith for 8 years and it's the same story.

For those who are criticizing the Niners for making this move, do you actually watch Niner games or just look at the box score? I don't care what Smith's completion percentage or QB rating is, if you watched the games, you would know where most of us are coming from.

EDIT: Wrong Giant game.

Its funny that now Smith has all of these "protectors" when these are the same people who said that the 49ers biggest flaw is SMITH. Bottomline, the only valuable thing that Smith has over Kap is experience. Skill wise, Kap is much better than Smith at every level of the game. Bigger arm, faster, risk taker, and more accurate. Can't even count the times THIS YEAR that Smith threw the ball over receivers heads.

Last edited:
damn man, the way im reading this
A. Alex Smith is a fill in role till CK was ready to go, he just happen to do good 20-5-1 i believe.
B. Hes a game manager.

half of y'all forgot that this dude made plays when needed during the playoffs against the same. also his "game managing" was his fault why we lost to the Giants. you prolly forgot that the wide receiver couldn't get open during that game. the only player that had a good game was VD. Crabs had what 1 catch if that and that's alex smith's fault too. like i said a turnover on SPECIAL TEAM the reason we lost last year against the giants not because ALEX SMITH played poorly.

im just irked that mostly the 9ers fan just suddenly forgot what this dude did when there was some stability in the front office, and coaching staff which he didn't have till last year.

my thoughts on the game;
im glad they started to 2nd half running the ball more, i really believe it opened up the passing game more specially with the Play Action. CK did his thing, the DEFENSE bailed this offense today. and im glad we are playing smash mouth football again. Kyle and Hunter hopefully their injuries is not too bad but i think kyle might have some torn knee ligaments. Akers jesus christ man what the hell happen to you homie. last year you was the man homie.

that loss was just has much on smith. Throwing 3rd down conversions into the ground all game

While I agree with that, Kyle gave up TWO possessions for us. One that resulted in the game being tied and sent to OT, and the other was fumbled in NYG field goal territory right off the bat. Our defense stepped up huge with some crucial stops in that game when we absolutely needed them.

Not saying Alex had nothing to do with it, but Kyle didn't even give us a chance to run time off the clock (first fumble) and like I said he fumbled INSIDE field goal territory for the Giants on the last one. Now lets say Kyle doesnt fumble either of those, I know it doesnt necessarily mean we were going to win the game automatically. But for him to fumble the first one that resulted in the game tying TD to Nicks toward the end of the 4th and then the one where, barring a botched snap or something of that sort, the game is pretty much wrapped up with a FG that was 40 yards or less.

What's happened has happened. I get it. But for such a hard fought, successful and cinderella season to be ended with those mistakes was absolutely heartbreaking. Especially when I have watched just about every 49er game in the past decade, and for us to be a score away in OT from the Super Bowl and not getting it done hurts, big time.

To be fair, he has played well when his number has been called this year. He's made some pretty big plays and no matter how much i despise what he did last year, I will always be happy if our TEAM is winning or making great plays. All I am saying is that it's hard for me to be happy for Kyle Williams with how much his miscues in the NFCC hurt last year.

Another big test with Kaep at the helm will be if  we are ever down by 2 td's.  Lets see how the niners offense responds.  

I don't feel remorse for Alex. He always gives his best.  But his best sometimes sucks.  He should have slide when he ran vs the rams or else we wouldn't be talking about  Kaep. 

Kaep does bring somethings more at the qb position.  That throw to Walker, I don't think smith would have been able to do that.  

We just need moss and kaep to connect and we are set. 

I don't care what Smith's completion percentage or QB rating is, if you watched the games, you would know where most of us are coming from
Agreed.  Simply put, Kaep can do more for us than Smith can, it's a simple as that.

49ers fans, I come in peace...

as an outsider looking in, Kaepernick seems to bring more to the table than Smith. Granted the sample size is MUCH smaller, but his skill set allows for more versatility with the play-calling.

That being said, what's with this (seemingly) media-driven QB controversy? There's a sympathy parade for ALEX SMITH of all people! As of last year, you could say he found his niche as a good game manager. He's had a good year so far...but I wouldn't even suggest that he was untouchable as far as job security. ****, 49ers brass traded up to grab CK in the 2nd and he was projected to be the QB of the future. Well, the future is now and I do wish the best for the man...he was fun as hell to watch at Nevada and if he can translate some of those things to his NFL game on a consistent basis...the 49ers become
eek.gif
all around.
Lol I've become a victim of it somehow, IDK why I feel bad for him, I just do.

I appreciate all the answers from you 49ers fans. Like someone said I dont watch all of the games and honestly they werent worth paying attention too until last year so I figured you guys would know more than I would.

Damn, can't believe Williams and Hunter got hurt on same play :smh:

Delanie get better soon too

The Kaep era has officially cemented.

Damn, can't believe Williams and Hunter got hurt on same play :smh:
Delanie get better soon too
The Kaep era has officially cemented.

What happened to Delanie? I hope Hunter is okay though. He is vital to our offense! Hopefully Jacobs can shake the cobwebs off. He had a pretty decent run yesterday but too bad it was turned back with the flag. I'd like to see what LMJ can do though, maybe as a return man too. Ginn should be out. He has no use for us this year. He's not being used for anything else but to return and he screwed that up. I trust Harbaugh can plug in the right guys whenever there's an injury. Remember when he had Grant step in for an injured Patrick? As far as Kaep goes, well he looked good! We can't fault him for that INT simply because it was the snap. Although, he looked rattled with the 2 delay of games but we were going to get that from the NO dome crowd. It's a learning process for him. But he was efficient when the pressure came, he threw and he ran. This is Harbaugh's guy and he can do it! But credit this win to our defense! They really changed the momentum of the game. Let's do it again and avenge that tie next week!

Yeah this will give some experience for LMJ and Jacobs to bring some veteran run to give Frank some breaks. Now, I have been thinking about this QB situation. I just don't want Alex's confidence to go down because there is a slight possibility that we might have to turn to him again. With a young and a raw Kap, there's a chance that could happen. Injuries can happen to him too. I know Harbaugh will not alienate Alex because we are stuck with him for the rest of the season/playoffs. We need to make sure he's ready no matter what. Stephen A talked about it today on First Take.

Doubt it. Ted Ginn will most likely still be fielding punts and returns on kickoffs.

Last edited:
LMJ isnt ready to return anything this season. Guy was having problems fielding punts every game in the preseason. Ginn should take all returns depsite his mistake yesterday. Been his only mistake on special teams since hes gotten here.

theres always a place for him in the NFL trust me. if TIM effin Tebow can have a job in the NFL he can get one.

Lol I've become a victim of it somehow, IDK why I feel bad for him, I just do.

I appreciate all the answers from you 49ers fans. Like someone said I dont watch all of the games and honestly they werent worth paying attention too until last year so I figured you guys would know more than I would.

Arizona, Philly, and KC can use a QB. My god, I wish Larry Fitzgerald had a better qb. His numbers this season has been bums.

Back
Top Bottom