:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers. vs. New Orleans Saints @ The Superdome11/25 :::

I really feel bad for Alex Smith, its over now that job no longer belongs to him after today, and he did nothing to lose it. Then he'll hit free agency and end up where? Too many young QBs are playing well for Alex Smith to go somewhere and become a viable starter. Any of you 49ers fans want to weigh in I'd love to hear what you guys think.

There's no reason to pitty Alex Smith. If anything, this sums up his tenure with the 9ers. Someone on twitter said he parallels Zito, and that comparison is fairly valid.

I really feel bad for Alex Smith, its over now that job no longer belongs to him after today, and he did nothing to lose it. Then he'll hit free agency and end up where? Too many young QBs are playing well for Alex Smith to go somewhere and become a viable starter. Any of you 49ers fans want to weigh in I'd love to hear what you guys think.

theres always a place for him in the NFL trust me. if TIM effin Tebow can have a job in the NFL he can get one.

I wish buck and Aikman would shut the hell up already, Alex got replaced and its just that simple

hes going to start next week. But next season he will be gone.

Alex is starting next week after what Kaep has done these past two games?

I can't see it

Couldnt care less. Does it suck for Alex? Sure. But this is a business. When it looked like we could sign Peyton this past offseason, there wasnt a single team in the NFL that showed any sort of real interest in Alex Smith. He had 2 team visits planned. One was cancelled by the team (seahawks), and the other visit resulted in the GM publicly stating that he couldnt justify giving Alex Smith a contract when he had Matt Moore on his roster already. Yes, Matt Moore.

If we make the decision that Kaepernick is the guy (which looks as if will be the case), Alex will be cut in the offseason, and his salary will be used to resign Dashon Goldson. Alex will likely sign with some terrible team in the offseason and hold the clipboard for them. He's a nice, hard workingguy and I wish him success. Unfortunately for this organization, Alex is a much better person than he is a quarterback.

Alex is starting next week after what Kaep has done these past two games?

I can't see it

Not gonna happen.

Gotdamn this Niners team looks unstoppable with Kaep calling the shots. I was skeptical of switching qb's after 1 game but with the way he's been playing the last 2 games how can you ignore that? It's still a small sample size but after this performance just like Harbaugh said last week, he's gonna roll with the hot hand and Kaep is on fire.

And Akers man, holy **** wtf is wrong with this guy this year? He's performing the same way he did in his last year in philly, really hope he gets it together before the playoffs.

Last edited:
Kaepernick is a beast. Why is there even a question about starting a guy who's younger, has more upside and is also arguably better at this point over a guy who has peaked? Unleash the beast

Not gonna happen.
so harbaugh is going to go againts what his been saying these two seasons. How alex smith is their guy. Either way they go theres going to be a controversy. I just hope we can finally take advantage of moss with the kaeper.

Not gonna happen.
so harbaugh is going to go againts what his been saying these two seasons. How alex smith is their guy. Either way they go theres going to be a controversy. I just hope we can finally take advantage of moss with the kaeper.
Did you hear what Jim said last week? He went against "Alex is their guy" already
laugh.gif

It's ovah

He went against that as soon as he opened his mouth on Monday. Kap is the guy unless he regresses or gets hurt.

There's only gonna be a controversy because us non 9ers fan hope you stick with Smith.

I don't even think its an argument. Kap is better than Smith and has more potential going forward

I said this in the Bears/9ers thread - defenses adapting to Kap and the offense is my only concern because there's obviously going to be more film on him...he's going to be tested a bit before the playoffs.

Last edited:
Whats up w/ all this " I feel bad for Alex" crap? That dude has played 7 years and sucked for 5 of them. He stole so many game checks he didnt earn, it aint funny.

This the same guy that had candlestick chanting for DAVID CARR, DAVID CARR!!!!

I wish Alex would got concussed before the trade deadline, so we could dump him off on somebody, stupid enough to take him.

His time as a 9er is done, KICK ROCKS ALEX!

Whats up w/ all this " I feel bad for Alex" crap? That dude has played 7 years and sucked for 5 of them. He stole so many game checks he didnt earn, it aint funny.

This the same guy that had candlestick chanting for DAVID CARR, DAVID CARR!!!!

I wish Alex would got concussed before the trade deadline, so we could dump him off on somebody, stupid enough to take him.

His time as a 9er is done, KICK ROCKS ALEX!
Yup, what a waste of talent around him and the impressive coaching during his reign too.

Back
Top Bottom