:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers. vs. New Orleans Saints @ The Superdome11/25 :::

I don't understand the other extreme (i.e. the opposite of those who feel bad)....It's not like Alex Smith didn't go out there and compete in the other years.

He was thrown into the mix too early, got his *** demolished because the line was so bad, had no WR help and terrible coaching. Let's not pretend that Alex Smith was the only thing preventing super bowls in most of his seasons.

Sure, he does get blame, but so does management for not cutting the string earlier or building a solid team around him. The latter only happened recently, to which he performed well (in comparison to the seasons prior). To say he didn't earn his game check...can't co-sign on that one. He was tough as hell, put up with a lot and is the epitome of a team player. And I don't even like him.

Only thing Im worried about is the lack of experience CK is going to take with him to the playoffs.

My Exact worry. I wouldve been a lot more comfortable had this QB change came at the first quarter of the season. We're at the point where every game counts. Hes gonna make his mistakes and I'm worried his mistakes will come at the most inopportune time. We are putting our superbowl hopes on a QB that has only started 7 games by the time the playoffs start. Playoff teams will have a full week to prepare for him and one mistake can cost us in any close playoff game. Even in this game against the Saints, he had a couple delay of games, he held the ball loosely during a QB option where he didnt even see the defender comin at him. Kaep obviously has a tremendously higher ceiling than Smithers. Guy is crazy athletic and got a Gat fer an arm. I hope he keeps progressing week by week and takes care of the rock. Prove the haters wrong Kaep :smokin

Gosh damn y'all. On the real, we are ******g NASTY :smokin

Last edited:
49ers fans, I come in peace...

as an outsider looking in, Kaepernick seems to bring more to the table than Smith. Granted the sample size is MUCH smaller, but his skill set allows for more versatility with the play-calling.

That being said, what's with this (seemingly) media-driven QB controversy? There's a sympathy parade for ALEX SMITH of all people! As of last year, you could say he found his niche as a good game manager. He's had a good year so far...but I wouldn't even suggest that he was untouchable as far as job security. ****, 49ers brass traded up to grab CK in the 2nd and he was projected to be the QB of the future. Well, the future is now and I do wish the best for the man...he was fun as hell to watch at Nevada and if he can translate some of those things to his NFL game on a consistent basis...the 49ers become :wow: all around.

We were back to normal as far as stopping the run and got some sacks at the end. I just thought our running would be more successful, but, it is the NFL. Proud of this team and as for Alex Smith, we should keep him on ready until Kaep gets a few more wins under his belt, just in case.

The more I'm looking at it I think the move had to be part of a perfect storm.

Injury leads it start against the Saints on the road- tough *** place to play.

Two more hard road games - New England and Seattle. Those especially will give the best litmus test because road games in the nfl are tough. Cople that with the other home games we'll know what we have before the playoffs. The playoffs are a something else obviously but the this game, NE and Sea will be good prep

I agree Lazy, once Kaep gets by Seattle and New England, he should be well seasoned for the playoffs.

I'm not understanding all the Alex Smith sympathy on here but nevermind that right now.  I"m really impressed with what Colin has done these last 2 games, and his stats would have been even better without a few drops and a few holding calls on his runs.  49ers not have to only go with the hot hand right now which is Colin but go with a quarterback who is flat out better, which is Colin.  Does anyone on here really think Alex Smith would have escape some of those potential sacks or would he have thrown the ball down the field like Colin did, most likely not.

The only reason I can see people having sympathy towards Alex is the fact that he was benched because of the injury and not his play since his performance right before the injury was some of the best football of his career. Everyone knew that Kaep was drafted to take over for Alex when Kaep was ready but it just so happened that he had to come in earlier than expected.

Not gonna happen.
so harbaugh is going to go againts what his been saying these two seasons. How alex smith is their guy. Either way they go theres going to be a controversy. I just hope we can finally take advantage of moss with the kaeper.

Harbaugh's actions have always told a different story than the one we got from his words. He said before the 2011 season that Alex Smith was the guy he wanted, then we went after Matt Hasselbeck. He said after the 2011 season that Alex was elite, then he went after Peyton Manning. He said all season long that Alex was playing at a great level and is his guy, then as soon as Alex misses a week he is going to go with "the hot hand."

Whats that saying again? Actions speak louder than something?

49ers fans, I come in peace...

as an outsider looking in, Kaepernick seems to bring more to the table than Smith. Granted the sample size is MUCH smaller, but his skill set allows for more versatility with the play-calling.

That being said, what's with this (seemingly) media-driven QB controversy? There's a sympathy parade for ALEX SMITH of all people! As of last year, you could say he found his niche as a good game manager. He's had a good year so far...but I wouldn't even suggest that he was untouchable as far as job security. ****, 49ers brass traded up to grab CK in the 2nd and he was projected to be the QB of the future. Well, the future is now and I do wish the best for the man...he was fun as hell to watch at Nevada and if he can translate some of those things to his NFL game on a consistent basis...the 49ers become :wow: all around.

Wholeheartedly cosign. Kaepernick takes this offense to a different level.

From Adam Schefter: Get ready for 49ers top 2 picks, A.J. Jenkins and LaMichael James. 49ers fear Kyle Williams tore knee ligament, Kendall Hunter hurt ankle.

From Adam Schefter: Get ready for 49ers top 2 picks, A.J. Jenkins and LaMichael James. 49ers fear Kyle Williams tore knee ligament, Kendall Hunter hurt ankle.

:smokin :smokin :smokin

I could care less about Kyle Williams (i dont wish any serious injury on him so dont get me twisted) but damn Hunter is such an underrated piece of our offense. Hope his isn't too bad.

Excited to see Lamichael though, I know it was just pre-season but he showed that even despite his small stature; he can make plays. Really hope Hunter gets back 100% as soon as possible though. It was nice to see Jacobs get in there tomorrow, you can tell he's dyin' to play. Same with Lamichael.

Impressive win today. Kap is the real deal, if this is what he can bring to the table and what he does in practice then I fully back this QB change. Kid is exciting and doesn't seemed to be phased by a big moment or game.

kyle gets too much hate from last year.
I actually really like his game. His routes are nice and he puts it out there to catch the balls. Dude is a baller.

kyle gets too much hate from last year.
I actually really like his game. His routes are nice and he puts it out there to catch the balls. Dude is a baller.

May be true. But the way it personally hurt me,:frown: I can't find myself ever cheering for him. Even in the couple of good plays he's made this year for us, it's tough man. Not saying he's a bad player, but I just can't forgive him

May be true. But the way it personally hurt me,:frown: I can't find myself ever cheering for him. Even in the couple of good plays he's made this year for us, it's tough man. Not saying he's a bad player, but I just can't forgive him

that loss was just has much on smith. Throwing 3rd down conversions into the ground all game

Anyone feel like Alex Smith has been disrespected way too much by this franchise and coaching staff?

First it was the Peyton manning situation and the undermining of Alex smith.
Then it was the Alex smith contract situation, he coulda went somewhere else.
Then he gets benched and replaced by some rookie.

All the while Alex Smith has been a class act, high character guy and obedient to his coaches command.

You do not do stuff like that. I throws off a qb's psyche.

Alex Smith led the 49ers to the NFC championship game, if it were not for those turnovers you are in the Super Bowl.

I have never seen this done before.

If I'm Alex smith I take my talents elsewhere or pull a Dwight Howard and sabotage till I'm traded.

How much disrespect can Alex smith take?
This is emsaculation of a qb...you can see it on his face on the sideline.

Anyone feel like Alex Smith has been disrespected way too much by this franchise and coaching staff?
All the while Alex Smith has been a class act, high character guy and obedient to his coaches command.
Alex Smith led the 49ers to the NFC championship game, if it were not for those turnovers you are in the Super Bowl.
If I'm Alex smith I take my talents elsewhere or pull a Dwight Howard and sabotage till I'm traded.

Alex Smith DID NOT lead the 49ers to the championship game, he just came along for the ride. He MANAGED games well and we won because of our defense.

You really think Alex can pull a Dwight Howard? Take his talents elsewhere? You do know any team could have signed him this offseason? And basically no one was interested and gave 2 ***** about him as a starter.

Alex is a good guy and teammate. He's handled all these situations with character but unfortunately for him, he's a better person than football player.

Alex Smith DID NOT lead the 49ers to the championship game, he just came along for the ride. He MANAGED games well and we won because of our defense.

He didn't outplay Brees against the Saints to get us there?

Last edited:
Yes, Alex played great that game. And yes he led us to a win on that day, I'll give him that. But he looked like trash the following week against the Giants.

Don't sit here and tell me that we won 13 games last year because of Alex. He managed games and did what he was asked, but when we need big 3rd down plays, he hasn't consistently delivered. He isn't capable of getting pushed out of the pocket and making a 2nd or 3rd read. He has no zip on his throws. I completely understand that Kap only has 2 starts under his belt and there is no reason to get over excited, but it's obvious that he has more talent than Smith. He is capable of making plays with his feet, he can make the 2nd or 3rd read, and he's got a gun on him. He can open up the field for this offense. I do believe he will make more mistakes than Smith, but I'll take that. I really believe Kap gives this team the best chance to win NOW.

Back
Top Bottom