Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

How do the Saucony x Bodega collabs fit? I'm looking into buying some G9 Shadow 6. Are they TTS?

i feel like they run a .5 size large/big, so i'd suggest sizing down .5 for a perfect/snug fit...you might want to wait to see what others think though...

Quality is cooked crack

Got my three dots in the other day, had to go with a 13 when I think a 12 may have better suited me. Has anyone switched the laces in these yet? I'm tempted to because I have to pull the bungee laces tighter to make them fit and idk if I like the look of the ends of the laces just protruding from the lace lock. Any thoughts?

I'm curious. For me personally, I stopped buying Jordan's due to their terrible quality, rising prices and repeated releases. Also, I feel that Jordan Brand is on a downward trend to disaster. I love having a unique pair of shoes and Saucony seems to provide just that. Why do you guys like Saucony over other brands such as Asics, JB, Nike, etc.?

I'm curious. For me personally, I stopped buying Jordan's due to their terrible quality, rising prices and repeated releases. Also, I feel that Jordan Brand is on a downward trend to disaster. I love having a unique pair of shoes and Saucony seems to provide just that. Why do you guys like Saucony over other brands such as Asics, JB, Nike, etc.?
I like my runners the same. I base a shoe I like off the colorway, if that checks, then I move to the materials, if that checks, I'll cop. If it's for whatever reason uncomfortable I'll move it. I wear my shoes so comfort is king. I hop all over different brands to see what's there and try different things. There's a lot of good stuff all around today. With that said I still love the Jordan 1's and I have my stash of 3's, 4's, 5's, and 11's in my favorite cw's. So no hate there from me, you just gotta be selective on the materials they release. They're not all horrific.

Last edited:
Jordan Brand hype has been on a downward spiral since the end of '13. At the end of the day, these are just sneakers. Is it really justifiable to pay $170-$200 for an uncomfortable sneaker with horrible quality control? This is the main reason why I moved onto runners 1-2 years ago. Brands like NB, Saucony, & Asics you get what you pay for if not more. 

false
Jordan Brand hype has been on a downward spiral since the end of '13. At the end of the day, these are just sneakers. Is it really justifiable to pay $170-$200 for an uncomfortable sneaker with horrible quality control? This is the main reason why I moved onto runners 1-2 years ago. Brands like NB, Saucony, & Asics you get what you pay for if not more. 

Agreed. I never stick with one brand of shoes but JB as a whole has been a turn off for me. Stopped purchasing from them around 2012. NB and Asics have remained consistent for so long. It's rare when a brand's GR kicks look better than a hyped release.

i cannot wear what miley cyrus suggests. (as for the quality.....can't explain how i felt when i got in my hands my first 998 nb usa made...or when i got my first saucony shadows 6k and had to compare them with my jordans)

Last edited:
You should be. I've been checking the status of my order throughout the day and it just now finally went from Processing to Complete. Also, I just received the email with tracking.
Cool. Appreciate it. Guess I just gotta wait for that tracking email.

EDIT: Just got an email stating my order went from processing to complete. Can't wait to have em in hand.

Last edited:
I agree with a few other people that responded to your question. I used to be a jordan freak too, but i didn't get off the brand because of the ****** quality. I was actually amazed by the quality of other sneaker brands like Asics and New balance, and i found them to be a lot more comfortable compared to jordan brand stuff. the shoe that got me HOOKED on runners was the ASICS gel lyte iii Miami from the ecp. If you have the means, you should definitely consider getting a pair. For SAUCONY sneakers, my first pair was the Cabin fevers that came out last year. They're really dope, and also very comfy.

Last edited:
My first Sauconys were some Jazz's that I thought were dope at UO, and ended up getting them for $20 at an outlet mall down in Florida. I didn't even know about collabs until I really started copping Sauconys and Asics last summer. (Personally I like the silhouette of the shadow 5000s and 6000s more than any asics models). I still buy my grails in Jordans, but I'm just over paying so much for some sneakers and on top of that getting a pair has become a hard and irritating process. The hype for Jordans is just growing and growing, and not to sound like a hypebeast, but if I like two different pairs of shoes equally I would much rather get the one that most people don't have.

Also, I have skinny legs and wear an 11.5 now, so it kinda looks like I have clown feet when I wear most basketball shoes.

A lot of people are starting to feel that way about Jordan's (myself included), the transition from those types of basketball shoes to runners or any comfortable shoe for that matter is gunna be inevitable. Glad to see Saucony make nice silhouettes with great materials at an affordable price.

A lot of people are starting to feel that way about Jordan's (myself included), the transition from those types of basketball shoes to runners or any comfortable shoe for that matter is gunna be inevitable. Glad to see Saucony make nice silhouettes with great materials at an affordable price.

Most definitely. It's very selfish of me, but I hope Saucony doesn't become infiltrated by Jordan heads and slowly ruin the brand. I love how low-key and cheap the brand is, along with great quality, but hopefully it doesn't get ruined and oversaturated with consumers in the future. Asics are slowly becoming more popular each year and eventually prices will get raised. It'll be interesting to see how trends will change in the next few years. Nonetheless, I love the direction these runners are heading.

I wouldn't say that I'm heavy into the brand, but I've always liked a bit of everything, the first wave of releases from the Saucony Elite line were what got me to actually start pulling the trigger on these. Since then I've picked up pairs whenever I find them appealing and even pick up some GR stuff because I like what they're doing on that end too.

I'm not really trying to be the first one rocking the next big thing nor do I want to be a person that's trying to claim that the king of the mountain "fell off" just because I'm into a different brand. Buy what you like, and rock the hell out of them.

Bought both the burgundy and the green shadow 6000's. Liking the burgundys more so if anyone looking for green shadow 6000's for retail sz 10 PM me.

Back
Top Bottom