Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Just got my Red and Blue Shadow 5000 delivered from Politics. Ordered Sunday morning, shipped yesterday. Of course I only live 120 miles away from the shop so it'd suck if it took longer. I love how these came out. And I'm on the fence about ordering the grey and green now or holding out and seeing if they go on sale anywhere.

You know they will man lol how's the quality? same as the last injection pack 6000?

aces just came in murdered 
mean.gif
Take a pic send to customer service in an email, call them and tell them that its unreasonable, and something has to be done to compensate for this...tell them you want a discount code or something...may work may not...

You know they will man lol how's the quality? same as the last injection pack 6000?

Haven't had a chance to throw a pair on yet, but they feel really nice in my hands, the suede feels great and there's no missed sticking anywhere. I'm not sure I'd say they're really worth the price bump, but then again I felt the same way about the 6000s, but I don't regret paying the money I did to get these.

I'll post pictures if I wear a pair tomorrow.

Haven't had a chance to throw a pair on yet, but they feel really nice in my hands, the suede feels great and there's no missed sticking anywhere. I'm not sure I'd say they're really worth the price bump, but then again I felt the same way about the 6000s, but I don't regret paying the money I did to get these.

I'll post pictures if I wear a pair tomorrow.

Awesome..glad they keep throwing quality materials on GRs as well, def grabbing the green and grey pair when local spots get them on sale. Ill keep you and the thread posted if I see any on sale. Def way better than them burger joints. Just clean and simple 5000s

Last edited:
Well it looks like I know where I'm going in the wee hours of Saturday morning.. 
roll.gif

You mean Friday afternoon. Alp's *** 'bout to be out there starting tomorrow night................along with the eBay listing.

He's already there..

Joke is on you.

Dude is in a tent with a tv, cooking s'mores, and playing world of Warcraft as we speak.

Dude is in a tent with a tv, cooking s'mores, and playing world of Warcraft as we speak.

Nahh, he aint cooking s'mores, he's eating Neapolitans getting himself ready.
:lol: ya'll got jokes now. I'm not there yet guys.

Awesome..glad they keep throwing quality materials on GRs as well, def grabbing the green and grey pair when local spots get them on sale. Ill keep you and the thread posted if I see any on sale. Def way better than them burger joints. Just clean and simple 5000s

Odd thing is, I really liked the Burgers but I've given up hope of getting the collabs now that the brand is on other people's radar. I'll keep wearing what I have and picking up the GRs I like. Hopefully something else comes along and takes the people that are more into making money than actually wearing the shoes.

It's right about time FILA, Ellese, and Brooks put out some collaborations to take the heat off the other brands I like.

Last edited:
yeah i sent them an email letting them know how they came. they responded asking for pics to see how they are gonna ***** the situation. sent some pics havent heard back yet

Odd thing is, I really liked the Burgers but I've given up hope of getting the collabs now that the brand is on other people's radar. I'll keep wearing what I have and picking up the GRs I like. Hopefully something else comes along and takes the people that are more into making money than actually wearing the shoes.

It's right about time FILA, Ellese, and Brooks put out some collaborations to take the heat off the other brands I like.
Fila had a great collaboration last year but only made 200 pairs per colorway. I agree with you though, it seems like saucony collabs are going to get tougher and tougher to pick up going forward.

^ Sick wear. They fit tts or should I go .5 down? I'm bout to go ham on these and two of the other colorways as well.

Last edited:
They've got a little wiggle room on my tts, but not enough to justify sizing down a half size in my opinion. I'd probably be upset at how tight they were if I went with a half size smaller. If you've got a slender foot though you might feel like there's too much room.

Yeah, I got a skinny foot, might just go .5 down cause I don't like any extra toe space on runners. Thanks. Swear to god, that entire pack is so clean, might have to 2x on all 4 :smh:

lol i had a dream i struck out on space snacks... ive never had a dream of striking out on shoes. feels bad...

Wasn't a fan of the stock lace length and liked the oval style from sohos so I put in these new balance laces and they match perfectly plus the length I like

45 inch new balance athletic oval laces, navy and sky grey

Back
Top Bottom