Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Got my pair of burgers from end a day early. UK shipping is no joke

Mine are supposed to land tomorrow. Getting them today would be a great treat. 
My salt is too real, but congrats to y'all. Crazy how quick those came in though, international shipping seems to be swift compared to domestic stuff, I ordered some Way of Wade's the other day from Australia and they should be here by Friday already. 

My salt is too real, but congrats to y'all. Crazy how quick those came in though, international shipping seems to be swift compared to domestic stuff, I ordered some Way of Wade's the other day from Australia and they should be here by Friday already. 
Bro, I'm still throwing in a pinch of salt on my wound. Usually wear a 13 but was able to get a 12. Heres to hoping they run a little big. 

mad.gif

Is it just me, or do y'all wait atleast a year to rock a new release? Like my ACES and Space Snacks aren't gonna see the light of day until probably next summer. The Cabin's that I just picked up today I'll probably end up bringing out in late winter next year too. I don't know, I just don't like wearing sh*t that everyone OD's, plus I like to have people forget about them, and then kill it when I bring it out. Yay, nay?

Came in to see who's gonna be at extra butter this weekend... Apparently theres gonna be a NT Title Belt boxing match?? Is it free?

Is it just me, or do y'all wait atleast a year to rock a new release? Like my ACES and Space Snacks aren't gonna see the light of day until probably next summer. The Cabin's that I just picked up today I'll probably end up bringing out in late winter next year too. I don't know, I just don't like wearing sh*t that everyone OD's, plus I like to have people forget about them, and then kill it when I bring it out. Yay, nay?
Once I get a shoe it goes on feet  I don't let stuff sit.  Life is short.

Nah personally I wear my new kicks at least once like within the first two months at the most. If I liked em enough to buy em I wanna rock em with a fit soon lol. With Jordans yeah I'll prolly wait longer since they're everywhere, but I might only see someone rocking sauconys in my city like once or twice a month.

I could see myelf waiting till (this) fall/winter for the cabin fevers though cause the cw.

Last edited:
I partially agree. I definitely understand letting some of my kicks marinate in the boxes few months before I bring them out. But some shoes I have to throw on after a week or two cause they're so dope.

Last edited:

I'm kinda the Same way I just started rocking my sohos, distinct and cabins heavy this year. I won't rock my LOMs, offsprings, DMs probably until the summer starts. Because sauconys and shorts that's a clean fit. Even tho I don't see too many peeps rocking sauconys I like to hold them off a couple months. But for GRs I throw them straight to my feet the next day. And wear them heavy daily. I also have a few pairs from a few years back that I throw on when I don't like wearing anything new. Even though the hype on saucony has rose I don't see that many peeps rocking em and I'm in NYC. Dudes just stocking these joints for IG likes. I doubt anybody going to wear them burger joints in public prob only for IG likes or whatever. I just can't see myself to be in those.

Last edited:
Once I buy them, its on. Only reason I wouldnt wear a shoe is because of weather restrictions. 

Theres such a small audience for this brand as it is compared to JB that I dont even worry about seeing the shoes on other peoples feet.

That and I take care of all my kicks, so if I break them out now vs a year from now, they'll probably look the same way. 

Finally got around to getting some on-foot shots of the ACES. I love these.

pimp.gif

Last edited:
How do people pronounce Saucony? I've heard it both ways, what's correct? (Sa-coney) or (Sauck-a-ne)? I pronounce it the first way.

How do people pronounce Saucony? I've heard it both ways, what's correct? (Sa-coney) or (Sauck-a-ne)? I pronounce it the first way.
it's Sock-uh-knee.... like "sock and knee" ... 

the company is named after a river/stream .... hence the shape of the logo 

Last edited:
waiting to wear your shoes by that logic is kinda fruity...

you wanna pull them out to have the admiration of other dudes?  that's basically why hypebeasts beast ... Lol @ pulling em out  a year later to "kill em" ...lord jesus

now, if you were waiting because of the weather conditions in your city I understand that

I live in Fort Lauderdale/Miami so it's hot all the damn time and all sneakers can be worn whenever... it rains a lot, but it's never an all day thing, nor is it muddy... 

Goodness those Aces looking hot in those pictures, those or not being released no where else right? lol

I gotcha @Fixed. Same lace job with black instead.

I think EB were spot on with the star laces. The black is dull to me and I think all orange would be overkill. I wouldn't mind seeing white though.

I gotcha @Fixed
. Same lace job with black instead.

I think EB were spot on with the star laces. The black is dull to me and I think all orange would be overkill. I wouldn't mind seeing white though.

Damn now that's clean AF especially the stars being hidden like that with your pants :pimp:

I get that and probably would take the same route to an extent. Me, I'm an old man so hardly anybody I know has an exclusive I have and being the RF Gel Lytle V mint/cove were the first collaborations I ever got I'm usually team GR... lol I just have a backlog I need to get to. I still need to un DS stuff from years before (I'm looking at you LeBron VIII low sprites!) . I actually use my yearly Vegas/Comic Con trip as un -DS week..lol So long rambling story short yay since I'm sure we all have more shoes than any human will need in 2 lifetimes.

waiting to wear your shoes by that logic is kinda fruity...

you wanna pull them out to have the admiration of other dudes?  that's basically why hypebeasts beast ... Lol @ pulling em out a year later to "kill em" ...lord jesus

now, if you were waiting because of the weather conditions in your city I understand that

I live in Fort Lauderdale/Miami so it's hot all the damn time and all sneakers can be worn whenever... it rains a lot, but it's never an all day thing, nor is it muddy... 

I see what you're saying and you make good point. But when I was a little younger and bought Jordan's even then on release weekends I didn't want to show up a game on or party with the exact same shoes as like 20 other people. I would probably choose to wear something else. To me Hype is when you buy something ONLY because of a status it gives you or just because everybody else is doing it. If you buy what you like have fun with your strategy when to wear them if you choose.

Back
Top Bottom