Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

is there a reason they're calling these "strange fruit"?

just wondering because the word has reference to african americans being hung 
ohwell.gif

I've got the greys and oranges in my cart but can't bring myself to place the order for some reason.

Same two I bought from Feature yesterday. Paid a little more than retail. Oh well, I actually wanted these so not a big deal. Hopefully whatever shirt Feature is sending is decent lol.

Same two I bought from Feature yesterday. Paid a little more than retail. Oh well, I actually wanted these so not a big deal. Hopefully whatever shirt Feature is sending is decent lol.
Congrats man, I'd love to have them, but I really need for them to be reduced before i can bring myself to pull the trigger..

Congrats man, I'd love to have them, but I really need for them to be reduced before i can bring myself to pull the trigger..

Thanks, can't wait to get them. I'm a member of #teamsmallfeet so waiting for that discount doesn't always work out. I know their previous packs eventually did but couldn't risk it this time.

Is there any site that carries the Running Man pack and ships to Canada for something less ridiculous than $30? 

Is there any site that carries the Running Man pack and ships to Canada for something less ridiculous than $30? 

$30 shipping isn't bad considering most shoe stores mark the value down to save you from paying taxes and duty. The couple times I've bought from Packer I've never had to pay more than the shipping cost, which was $35. On the flip side I just ordered a pair from Livestock, which charged me $10 for shipping but $22 in taxes. Thankfully I remembered someone posted a free shipping promo code here so I saved the $10.

I know it sucks but we live in Canada, have some maple syrup and play some hockey.

If you live close to the border there's usually a parcel service right on the other side you can get packages shipped to. Which is what I usually do if I'm going to be getting several pairs. Not really worth it for one though.

Last edited:
is there a reason they're calling these "strange fruit"?
just wondering because the word has reference to african americans being hung :\

huh, nobody addressed this.... good question. First time I saw it I thought of the Billie Holiday song too.

unrelated, man this whole time I thought you were black :lol: Idk why. Wait, you still might be. :nerd:

huh, nobody addressed this.... good question. First time I saw it I thought of the Billie Holiday song too.

unrelated, man this whole time I thought you were black
laugh.gif
Idk why. Wait, you still might be.
nerd.gif
This is a great question--one that can really only be answered by Play Cloths and/or Saucony.  It seems like they are trying to riff off of a "pop culture" reference (since it was a popular song).  But given the very serious nature of the song, it's definitely inappropriate to reference it in a playful way.

^ There ya go @GatorBeltsNPattieMelts Everytime I see your name, I always think your name and follow it w/ "and Monte Carlo's."

Personally, I think they should have went w/ another name. "Space Fruits" maybe? I dunno. When I first saw the name, I was like "Whut tha hell?" I was surprised considering how that is a touchy subject. I don't think it was done to be offensive. At the same time they need to be more aware and a lil bit more sensitive.

Thanx @abracadabra & @joecurr for posting that.

@joecurr, Imagine us locals that had to pay the mark up plus tax. You'll like the shirts. They fit just right. They're a 50/50 blend. I cop alotta the Feature tees. I mostly rock em on the weekends since they're my go to shirt. I was gonna pick two up yesterday, but they told me to wait until I see the tees that match the kicks.

Last edited:
Where'd you cop from if you don't mind me asking...?
Got them off eBay for about 200 shipped. Not really a fan of paying over retail but I was salty when i struck out on these and had to pull the trigger when i saw them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom