OFFICIAL Seattle Mariners 2010 Season Thread: 7/22 - 7/25 vs. BOS (37-60)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Buc Em

this is the mariners thread jerk
make your own rangers one
Why would I make a thread to talk to myself in?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

splash cash, get this team some bats, because we can be one of the best teams in baseball with a solid lineup.
Fact. But it's not just one bat for that lineup, I don't think... It's probably two at least...

Below average at third, short, first, catcher and DH...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

splash cash, get this team some bats, because we can be one of the best teams in baseball with a solid lineup.
Fact. But it's not just one bat for that lineup, I don't think... It's probably two at least...

Below average at third, short, first, catcher and DH...
I have more of a problem with ownership than anything. These @#%!@ cut payroll this season, which means we didn't have enough for all the necessary components. We cheap out and sign dollar store players like Kotchman, Byrnes, trade for Milton... No WAY you're going to contend with bums like that. And then the circus show at DH, with Sweeney and Junior. Both should be forced into retirement.

The Mariners ownership has been abysmal for as long as I've been a fan (YEARS). We needed a couple more pieces in the mid-90's, Lou begged for it, and we wouldn't do it. The current Nintendo ownership (Yamauchi hasn't even been to a #%@^@#@ game over here) wants nothing more than to sell tickets. Junior is proof of that. We could have Matsui DH'ing for us and would've won 3-4 more games in the process. Langerhans is so much better in LF than Bradley/Byrnes.

I'm really close to cancelling my mlb.tv package. I've had it with this ownership.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Jack Z assembled the best rotation in baseball. Unfortunately, he also assembled the worst lineup in baseball.

Inherited the worst lineup in baseball.
This years team is a case of finding a specialty. That specialty is pitching with very good defense. Unfortunately, that means the offense is anemic, but given where this team was just two years ago, the fact that they somehow even molded together a team that can compete on a nightly basis is pretty amazing. 

With what was given Z, he chose to take the route of bolstering the pitching and D, in hopes to get some bats later. He had to go one way or the other. If he went the other way, then Felix would've been traded and the M's would have a very solid lineup with no pitching.

It takes time to build these things and because this division is so weak it has everyone frustrated because it makes them "appear" to be on the cusp of something big. I say give it more time.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Inherited the worst lineup in baseball.
He probably still has the worst in the AL... And really, I'm not convinced they haven't downgraded defensively with Milton in LF and Lopez at 3rd...

Milton should be a full-time DH and never see the outfield. Don't care if he likes it or not, that's the reality of where his career is at this point because he's that bad defensively. Whatever value he brings offensively, which right now isn't much, is completely offset by his defense.

With Byrnes gone, they need to shift Milton over and put Langerhans in LF everyday...

The Mariners have released Eric Byrnes, according to Ryan Divish.
Seattle has also made a trio of in-house adjustments, sending Matt Tuiasosopo to Triple-A while promoting Ryan Langerhans and Josh Wilson.

What a sickening weekend.

Langerhans and Josh to the rescue... no sarcasm here... any spark will do.

You know not-hitting is contagious when you have Ichiro GIDP, K on 3 pitches and go 0-for-5 all in the same game.
frown.gif

Langerhans goes 2-4 tonight with a homer.

And what needs to happen is Sweeney needs to get some at bats. The reasoning behind why our hottest hitter coming into the year hardly stepped into the box is beyond me. His momentum from his hot spring died when Wak just sat him day after day. Why keep him if they don't use him?

In regards to Lee...His agent never told Buster Olney or anyone that it's "unlikely" Lee is back with the M's. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I was listenting to a discussion with Lee's agent and someone this morning that said Lee was happy to be coming to Seattle and that it was always one of his favorite cities to visit, and now that he lives here, he loves it that much more and would be happy to sign a long-term deal with Seattle.

The only question that comes into play now, is that of contention. If the M's continue on this path and find themselves out of the division race, then Lee is as good as gone. If they can get this thing together, then there's a good possibility Lee sticks around.

Langerhans goes 2-4 tonight with a homer.
too bad they just didnt start him from jump tonight

man Colome sucks..and when Dave Sims speaks about him it makes me dislike him even more

Sims makes me dislike everyone.

They're tied for next-to-last in the AL for errors!? damn.
frown.gif

4 pitches for Shields in the 7th!?!?  Come on... 
ohwell.gif

Langerhans! 1 for 1 right now.  We tie it now, take it to extras and he walks off with the homer.  2 hits, 1 a homer.  

Eh...Cut his *++. The experiment is on its way to failure. No need to keep him around. It was worth a shot, but his defense is a liability and the attitude helps no one.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

How much do they owe him???
Not positive, but at this point, when you're still in the race, I'd almost say that doesn't matter if he hinders this teams ability to be completely cohesive and give them a chance to win on a nightly basis.

dude is really a nut case, its funny when that article came out about how he's never had the type of support from any of his team's compared to Seattle..then say some +*%% like ""I'm done. I'm not helping the team"
smh.gif

*****ing every single time a 3rd strike is called on him

I believe he has recently proclaimed himself the "Kanye West of MLB" . Although I'm a Giants fan, I live in the Seattle area and this team has been unbearable to watch at times. My favorite player of all time: Junior is close to the "Mendoza line". I really hope this is his final season.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by SinnerP

How much do they owe him???
Not positive, but at this point, when you're still in the race, I'd almost say that doesn't matter if he hinders this teams ability to be completely cohesive and give them a chance to win on a nightly basis.  
The M's still owe him +$20mn though 2011 (the Silva-contract wasn't just gonna go away)... cutting him won't be an option.  Bet the Cubbie fans are loving this.
Well at least he showed up at the elementary school event (with Jr, Ichiro and Sweeney).  

It's still an option. It's just unlikely it happens, but it's at the M's discretion at this point. I'd do it.

His bat still might come around to make him viable, but what can you do?

Guti with some opposite-field power!

Followed by Jr. with a ground-rule double!

Back
Top Bottom