OFFICIAL Seattle Mariners 2010 Season Thread: 7/22 - 7/25 vs. BOS (37-60)

Have no fear, Russell the Muscle is back.  
eyes.gif

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/new..._id=11639170&vkey=news_sea&fext=.jsp&c_id=sea

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed his power-surge last season, but we're gonna need a lot more than him and his bad back.
tired.gif

I'd get rid of Jose Lopez next. They should've traded him 3-4 years ago. Dump Sweeney and go from there.

When Bedard comes back, and if he looks strong, shop around Rowland-Smith and Fister.

Jack Z(ero), imo, is an absolute dud of a GM. Ownership needs a serious change. Yamauchi doesn't even live in the U.S. and he owns the team (he is still on the board at Nintendo and owns majority shares so I call him the owner). Lincoln and Armstrong are clowns. The ownership ensures a losing atmosphere and it trickles down to the players. Ichiro, for instance, has been in the playoffs ONCE since coming to the Major Leagues. Pathetic. The clowns that run this team do not care about pennants, championships, or success. Ticket sales, Ichirolls, and bobbleheads matter most.

It takes more than 1 1/2 years to build a team. He hasn't done a bad job at all. In fact, he'd done a great job in giving Seattle the illusion that the M's could compete. This team was pretty damn bad when he took over.

He'll need at least 2 more years to get things rolling. More likely 5 though. This is baseball, it usually takes years for players who get drafted to finally crack the lineup.

too early to judge Jack, I mean if you think about it...if these guys was hitting anywhere NEAR their career average our record wouldnt even be this bad

Do we really trade Lee? or demand so much for him that he could be impossible to trade?

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

too early to judge Jack, I mean if you think about it...if these guys was hitting anywhere NEAR their career average our record wouldnt even be this bad

Do we really trade Lee? or demand so much for him that he could be impossible to trade?
Yeah, I agree.  I wouldn't write-off Jack just yet.  Like you said, if these guys all started to hit just their lifetime average, we'd be a lot better.  And I kinda see where Jack was coming from with his off-season trades (even though I thought they shoulda got ridda Lopez).  Its not his fault everyone (minus Ichiro) is hitting way below their average.  
Trade Lee?  Looks inevitable.  The guy's arguably the best pitcher in baseball, certainly the best in the AL.  Now's the best time to get the most outta him, since I honestly don't see him resigning.  The M's don't have the funds anyway.

laugh.gif
at Jack hasn't been that bad. The standards in Seattle are very poor, and the fans haven't helped. The ownership, again, is responsible for a lot of this. If this were one of the elite baseball clubs, fans would be storming Lincoln and Armstrong with pitchforks.

Apologies to Dustin Ackley, you have learned how to hit a baseball. But he's looked terrible with the glove so far. To be expected with the move to second.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ If you were GM what would you have done, and what would you do from here on out?
Matsui or Vlad at DH. SERIOUSLY, Kotchman? Might as well have signed Niehaus.

Wow, this is what we expected from the two aces. Too bad the duo won't stay together.
smh.gif
tired.gif

Hope Fister can return back to dominate form....son was beasting before the injury

I agree with the above comments. Aardsma has been trash this year. Damn I wish Lowe wasn't hurt so they can put him in there as the closer
smh.gif

Wow... has everyone really bailed? The tread dropped to page 6

But same ol same ol. %#$^-Rod again and DA again... and unable to capitalize on 2nd & 3rd with less than 1 out again.
smh.gif

Interesting soundbite from Cliff... M's had the opportunity to sign him during the spring but I guess ultimately, it wasn't gonna happen moneywise. Oh well.

False hope is what Lee was. As much as I said I'd keep Lee, that wouldn't be smart. They've got all the young pitching talent they need to compete. It's time to build a full roster of talent. The only way you do that is by trading an aging star like Lee. Prime or not.

You just have to hope it pans out with what they get in return. I'm sure they've done their homework on this one and found that the Yankees was the best option. Only time will tell (2-3 yrs), but this is the first real stamp on Z's career. If he messes this up, it looks very very bad. If this turns out to be a deal where you get an All-Star plus two everyday players at the least, then it looks to be great on all sides.
If the deal goes through with the Yanks, then the M's would have 3 of the 11 top prospects according to baseball america. Montero (5), Ackley (7), and Pineda (11). Not bad eh?

Back
Top Bottom