OFFICIAL Seattle Mariners 2010 Season Thread: 7/22 - 7/25 vs. BOS (37-60)

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Can a mod close this thread? Please?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Damn

There's always hope. I just question so many managerial decisions by this team. When you're in dire straights, you don't give Snell or even a Rowland-Smith more opportunities. You look for another spark. They have options.

I like Figgins batting 9th by the way. I thought that's where he should be since about a month ago. Saunders or Wilson should be #2 in the order.

Here's to hoping Ackley continues to progress, wanna see this kid by the 2nd half of the season

^ As far as I know, yeah. I've bought from them before... plus they have stores in Seattle as well. Or you can just get that turquoise Fed shirt 
tongue.gif

Another dismal game. I like Saunders in the 2 hole cuz he's hitting well and cuz of his speed. Plus with some protection from Guti and Ichi distracting the pitcher, he should get some better pitches. I like having Figgy in front of Ichiro, but putting him 9th is a bit of a waste, with him getting less AB's. Tough situation cuz Wak firmly will not move Ichi...
Well, at least Snell didn't run his mouth off.  I'll have to check out the radio-side broadcast with Rizz and Niehaus... what inning was it?

Well Snell is getting DFA'ed and you're one day closer to getting a major haul for Lee. There is still hope for the future.

Since I'm headed to San Diego I might have to catch a game while I'm down there
grin.gif

Yeah, I hate to say it but I agree.
frown.gif
Not giving up, but things aren't looking good.

Anyway, Ian Snell DFA... good riddance. Brian Sweeney called up from Trip-A

Yeah, where did everyone go? We just won 4 in a row and held the NL's top offensive team to 1 run in 3 games (and swept them too)!

I'll admit, I've been focusing on the World Cup... just haven't been allocating that much time to watching the M's.
frown.gif

^^^
I've been watching the World Cup too. It's awesome to know that we're winning some close games though.
I was checking out the Box Score for today's game and noticed that SafeCo was about 70% packed today, that's what good fans do even if their team is struggling.
Our schedule has been pretty rough this month, and next month doesn't look much better, so hopefully we can finish June strong with the Cubs and Brewers coming up.

Everyone abandon ship?

Last 5 starts... Vargas (twice), Cliff, Felix and RRS have combined for a 0.46 ERA (2 ER, 38.2 IP)... ridiculous!

I'm excited to see how things are going to be once Bedard returns. Once he gets back and going, we'll have a crazy rotation.

There's a lot of games left, 92 to be exact, so let's not consider this season a failure yet M's fans.

I have to admit, with the NBA Finals and World Cup, plus the 13 GB in the division stat... I was watching little of these guys.
laugh.gif

Looks like it will be 6 in a row after tonight. Maybe someway in the next month they can pull it up to .500

Scored too many runs today...should have saved those to use in another game, we'll need them
laugh.gif

They're gonna win 7 in a row at least. I'm not trading Cliff Lee right now. I don't care what kind of risk you run waiting to see what happens in the next month.

If they dump him, then he goes to Minny, so whatever. Win/win.

Cliff is so
pimp.gif

Its such a shame that he's gonna get traded soon. If the M's do get a very attractive offer, of course they're gonna bite. With Felix's new deal during the offseason, I don't see how they can sign Cliff too this offseason (should he even want to stay). Despite our 6 game streak, with Texas's 10 game streak, and we're still 13 games back. Too big of a gap to gamble with keeping Cliff this season.

Ehh... back to the same-ol same-ol... We couldn't get a sac-fly run for a win against the Cubbies, while we get 2 sac-flies against the Brewers for nuthin...
At least the throwback unis were cool... 
ohwell.gif

102423112.jpg
102423103.jpg
102423108.jpg

Back
Top Bottom