OFFICIAL SEATTLE SONICS THREAD

I hate this feeling... Just like when Griffey put on a Reds cap and they traded the Glove. It hurts man. Sure we can have another team in a couple years...butthese are our Sonics.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Sure we can have another team in a couple years...but these are our Sonics.

amen.
tired.gif

...big ups to mark cuban and paul allen for voting "NO" tho
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Anyone listen to KJR today? It's been awesome. The Glove is on right now. All the interviews and segments from the day will be online.

Man I miss GP. He used to shop at Bell Sq. Nords often with his posse. One of my nicest hoop pieces are my game worn signed GP's. I picked them up form oneof his boys. He wore split sizes 13 and a 13.5.

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

Sure we can have another team in a couple years...but these are our Sonics.

amen.
tired.gif

...big ups to mark cuban and paul allen for voting "NO" tho
ohwell.gif

Sonics move to OKC no worries. Paul just bring his Blazers up to Seattle!!! Welcome home B-Roy!!!

^^^umm... while that'd be nice, it's not the same (and probably unlikely in the foreseeable future)...

i know i didn't grow up a blazer's fan and GP & Kemp sure aren't gonna have their jerseys retired in an arena built for the blazers.
eyes.gif

a month and a half away from the court date.....

...anyone else buy a "SCREW CLAY" shirt at the supes games?
embarassed.gif

a month and a half away from the court date.....

...anyone else buy a "SCREW CLAY" shirt at the supes games?
embarassed.gif

i saw some guy with one but couldn't find the person selling them. i'll probably cop one online though

^^^it's a good buy imo, but with shipping, it turns out to be $10 more than if you found him at the Key
ohwell.gif

We'll get at least one more season if not two, they have a lease, they're no ways around that! And by then, we'll have something figured out tokeep the team here...History+Enough Money= Seattle Sonics.......Long Live the Supes and Clay is a beezy! %$^& HIM!

OKC has ******s for lawyers. The Sonics aren't a "business partner." They are an asset owned by a business. The expectation is the PBC will havean NBA team in the facility to fulfill its end of the lease agreement. If anything, this letter pretty much opens the door to an expansion team for OKC. Thelease requires an NBA team (assumed to be the Sonics). But the Sonics could end up in someone else's hands that didn't sign a lease.

in order of popularity, OKC is aiming to name our team the:

1) Thunder
2) Thunderbirds
3) Outlaws
4) Barons

in Black & Gold.. smh.

bayless with the 4th, easily.

Even with OJ available??? I don't know.. A lot of people forgot that they had OJ playing that 2 guard a lot for an USC team that needed him to be THEscorer. I can imagine help creating for Kevin Durant or the other players and stepping up with the offense when others are locked. Bayless is gonna be good,but OJ is gonna be a star foreals.

Even with OJ available??? I don't know.. A lot of people forgot that they had OJ playing that 2 guard a lot for an USC team that needed him to be THE scorer. I can imagine help creating for Kevin Durant or the other players and stepping up with the offense when others are locked. Bayless is gonna be good, but OJ is gonna be a star foreals.
the one problem i see with that for now, is that KD plays the 2 (since he's still a bit fragile to play down low). i thinkit'd be difficult later on to find quality minutes for KD, Green, AND mayo. besides, is a watson/ridnour combo what we're banking on as titlecontenders (otimistic, i know) in the future?

Eric Gordon wants to play in OKC. he's the 1 player in the draft I don't want the sonics to pick. of course when clay hears about it he'll probablybe his pick

Originally Posted by ExileUE

Eric Gordon wants to play in OKC... of course when clay hears about it, he'll probably be his pick

boo~ you're prolly right..

*Gordon just added to the list of players i don't like

Man I'm just glad after all these years these dudes still got love for us...
Seeing the Reign Man reminds me of how I had the Reebok Kamikaze's in grade school.

206/425...anyone that ever enjoyed watching the Sonics in the 90s or even if you just rocked a pair of Son of Gloves back in the day.. Keep your hopes up.

after seeing the new improved Shawn Kemp.....I got misty eyed about the good ol'days

okay, maybe not misty eyed, but I did actually care about pro basketball here for a second. If they got Kemp back, I'd be way more excited about that thananybody they might draft in a few weeks. Mariners too...if they got Griffey back, I'd watch more M's games this year for sure. I figure neither teamreally has much to lose, although i hear Griffeys contract is crazy, which would be the sole reason NOT to get him...at this age, and physical condition

here's the latest:

"June 6, 2008 - SEATTLE, WA - Monday, June 16 marks the beginning of historic legal proceedings as the City of Seattle defends its lease to the SeattleSuperSonics in federal court hearings.

Grassroots nonprofit group Save Our Sonics (SOS) encourages Sonics fans to express their support in a group gathering outside the courthouse steps (700 StewartSt., Seattle) throughout the day. Sonics legend "X-Man" Xavier McDaniel is confirmed to attend and speak at 4:30 pm. Further details will beannounced shortly prior to the event.
The city's case is the first of four separate lawsuits against current Sonics owner Clay Bennett and his ownership group, Professional Basketball Club LLC(PBC). Bennett is attempting to void the final two years of the team's lease at Key Arena and move Seattle's 41-year franchise to his own hometown ofOklahoma City. Former Sonics owner Howard Schultz is suing PBC for "fraud, intentional and negligent misrepresentation and breach of contract." JudgeMarsha Pechman will hear both cases.

Groups of Sonics season ticket holders previously filed two additional class action suits against PBC.
Evidence of PBC's Fraud, Negligence and Lack of 'Good Faith' while owning the Sonics:

1) Responding via e-mail to OKC politician Jim Roth regarding controversy in early 2007 over McClendon's financial contributions to anti-gay groups,McClendon wrote: "The reality is it just improves OKC's chances of getting them [the Sonics] here year after next." (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3410784)

2) Bennett e-mailed PBC owners in April 2007 that he is "a man possessed" and "will do everything we can" to move the team to OklahomaCity. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3339895)

3) Bennett never stated how much money his group would contribute to a proposed $500 million Renton arena, guaranteeing it would fail to see a vote in thelegislature. Bennett e-mailed his PR people in May 2007: "Please stay WAY AWAY from talking about our investment in the building," and "(NBAcommissioner David) Stern should take note and help us get out of Dodge ASAP." (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/364678_arena27.html)

4) Shortly after Sonics legends Jack Sikma and Detlef Schrempf lost coaching positions with the team, NBA legend Lenny Wilkens reluctantly resigned aspresident of basketball operations in July 2007, completing Bennett's removal of all team history from the organization. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2928270)

5) In August 2007, McClendon apologized to principal Sonics owner Clay Bennett for telling an Oklahoma newspaper, "We didn't buy the team to keep itin Seattle; we hoped to come here." McClendon e- mailed Bennett: "I'm so sorry, the truth is we did buy it with the hope of moving to OklahomaCity." (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3410784)

As a Sonics fan, which of these would you prefer the Sonics do with the #4 pick?

1-Draft Bayless
2-Draft Mayo
3-Trade up to #2 and get Beasley/Rose
4-Other

Option 4: "Other"

Offer the #4 to the basketball gods as a peace offering in exchange for letting the team stay in seattle and getting rid of clay bennett.

Otherwise, I vote for Option 1 since I doubt a Watson/Rid PG combo is gonna lead us to any titles and idk if Mayo & KD can share a ball. Personally,I'd love to trade up if it meant we could get Rose.. me no likey Beasley for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom