OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER '13 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
new thread will come in October. its not like updates are plentiful in here and the rants are causing people to miss them.

Last edited:
I hope neither of you take this the wrong way, but if you've been spoon fed by him, then of course you don't see a problem with it. You don't know any better.

I touched on this last year, and basically said the same thing NoHoldinBack said. Oldsole took something that was unique to this website, and turned a profit on it. He took something that was relatively low key, and blew it up.

Let's address these points systematically.

1. What goes on in this thread was NEVER unique to this website. Most of the outlet "kings" so to speak didn't post in this thread regularly. There was a network of people who routinely killed the outlet game - from Croatian Style to SpaceJ23, to a number of locals who never even posted here. The premier info was traditionally hoarded - not shared here. There was a group here in the NTOC days that posted a lot of info -from Supa, to Vampiro Will, to Versache, ayipapi, to that like 14 year old kid loved Lebron whose name I can't recall, etc. But, a lot of that info didn't actually make the boards either - that was all get ours first and post the scraps on the board. You are romanticizing history.

2. If Oldsole - one dude - could take info that was "relatively low key" and blow it up beyond what NT was able to do, then he should be billing $600 an hour social media guru consultancy rates and turning your garage band youtube videos into viral sensations and getting random dudes record deals with majors. The fact is the break-up and spill out of the NTOC damaged this thread big time, and a lot of people were upset at what the thread had become and jumped in behind oldsole's movement, seeing him as more of a "man of the people" than this thread. Your telling of the history is actually completely backwards, IMO. Cork's support ballooned as a reaction to the perceived corruption of the "cool table" in this thread!

3. Everybody is "spoon fed" by somebody. When real "HEAT" hits the outlets, even recently - Supreme SBs, Ext Lebrons, etc. - you pretty much only know if you are tipped off on the inside. You can't get that info from chatting with a Nike rep online, or by calling every store in the country. You want to grind it out scouring for 49.99 Air Maxes, do your thing. Congrats, you aren't getting spoon fed, but you aren't really eating either.

I agree, make a thread just for posting and citings. And let the people you Love to Rant, and Complain have their own thread, they are just taking up space and their post are not Helpful at all.

I've never seen your SN before, and can't recall you helping anybody. If the other discussion is perturbing you so greatly, just leave. You will not be missed; don't worry.

Let's address these points systematically.

1. What goes on in this thread was NEVER unique to this website. Most of the outlet "kings" so to speak didn't post in this thread regularly. There was a network of people who routinely killed the outlet game - from Croatian Style to SpaceJ23, to a number of locals who never even posted here. The premier info was traditionally hoarded - not shared here. There was a group here in the NTOC days that posted a lot of info -from Supa, to Vampiro Will, to Versache, ayipapi, to that like 14 year old kid loved Lebron whose name I can't recall, etc. But, a lot of that info didn't actually make the boards either - that was all get ours first and post the scraps on the board. You are romanticizing history.

2. If Oldsole - one dude - could take info that was "relatively low key" and blow it up beyond what NT was able to do, then he should be billing $600 an hour social media guru consultancy rates and turning your garage band youtube videos into viral sensations and getting random dudes record deals with majors. The fact is the break-up and spill out of the NTOC damaged this thread big time, and a lot of people were upset at what the thread had become and jumped in behind oldsole's movement, seeing him as more of a "man of the people" than this thread. Your telling of the history is actually completely backwards, IMO. Cork's support ballooned as a reaction to the perceived corruption of the "cool table" in this thread!

3. Everybody is "spoon fed" by somebody. When real "HEAT" hits the outlets, even recently - Supreme SBs, Ext Lebrons, etc. - you pretty much only know if you are tipped off on the inside. You can't get that info from chatting with a Nike rep online, or by calling every store in the country. You want to grind it out scouring for 49.99 Air Maxes, do your thing. Congrats, you aren't getting spoon fed, but you aren't really eating either.
I've never seen your SN before, and can't recall you helping anybody. If the other discussion is perturbing you so greatly, just leave. You will not be missed; don't wor
They are just sneakers relax, your right I will make an exit; there other things in life to worry about than a discount on some kicks, just do like an average person would do with common sense walk in the store try them on and buy them. #simple

Listen, it's not Oldsole's fault that things are they way they are. If you ever took the time to talk to him, he would be more than willing to share his knowledge with you. The main thing you can attribute to him was he did heighten the awareness that great stuff was hitting outlets. No one could imagine that outlets would evolve the way they have evolved today.

bgrades used to hit for $79.99 or lower forever ago. Jordan brand started playing with prices when the countdown pack shoes started hitting. Shadow Xs were $70 or so as an example of the low cost and hares a cdp 12s were about 120 or 130 as a high. That was unheard of back then but evidence they they were testing different price points.This was before Oldsole was cork and was relatively low key.

Black varsity red 6s started hitting outlets for $120 along with red carpet lebron viis for the same price.

This was before Oldsole was cork and was just a regular cat.

Nike did the banned I release to test outlet drops with release dates. We all know how successful that was. It led to what we have today. Before, outlets got product and it was on the wall that day. This was before or right when Oldsole became cork and was just dropping info.

Niketalk members also tried to branch off of the site and created an outlet Facebook group so blaming Oldsole for creating a site is pretty irrelevant. Any money he receives comes from advertisements. Not from the lurkers on there. That's genius by passing the buck off to companies instead of making money off of the community.

The point is, prices were already going up before outlets Oldsole got hot.
Outlets were already about to get stupid with release dates before Oldsole got hot.

You guys are just trying to find someone to blame instead of knowing what's really good.

sounds like old sole helps out and thats that. its nobody's fault but the consumer as a whole. nike tries a new marketing scheme, it works, they roll with it and capitalize. as long as we keep spending the money, theyll keep coming up with new ideas. get over it.

Desert Hill Outlet (Cabazon CA)

Air Pippen B-grade $109.99 plus additional 20% off

Air Penny II LE $79.97 plus additional 20% off

Air Way Up $89.99 plus additional 20% off

I hope neither of you take this the wrong way, but if you've been spoon fed by him, then of course you don't see a problem with it. You don't know any better.

I touched on this last year, and basically said the same thing NoHoldinBack said. Oldsole took something that was unique to this website, and turned a profit on it. He took something that was relatively low key, and blew it up.

Not sure what point you are arguing.

The main thing you can attribute to him was he did heighten the awareness that great stuff was hitting outlets.

And this is all I was saying.

Dude took something that was low key and blew it up to push a clothing brand. I don't see how anyone can argue this.

This is my last comment on this issue you have with me.

If you were ever getting heat from outlets because of work you actually put in...nothing I do or have been doing should affect you because once a outlet hunter always a outlet hunter. Now if you come to this thread and wait for people to post info the chances of you missing out on kicks are very high.

Great deflection. The point still remains, you blew this up to push a clothing brand.

To answer your question, yes. When I enjoyed this for what it was, I did put in the work to get outlet deals. Today, not so much.

Last edited:
what i dont like bout sneakersteal is that ur name is in 3 of the 4 outlets i mess wit on the regular.not hatin but that steal of the day ish u got is wack.real talk ive copped alot of shoes u done had on hold cause u out tryin to find other steals.its funny cause i use to deal wit u alot before u launched the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
The butthurt is palpable 
roll.gif

Not sure what point you are arguing.

All of them.

Your entire post was off the mark.

Again, if Old Sole - one dude - was able to "blow up" something that was low key (and, I guess you define "low key" as being posted publicly on the preeminent message board in the hobby home to tens, if not hundreds of thousands of members), then he must be some sort of marketing guru that would be in high enough demand that Sneakersteal would be a waste of his time.

The culture changed. You are confusing correlation with causality.

And, as Billy Joel said - the good old days weren't always so good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems. You are either uninformed or just overcome by revisionist history.

Thank you to all keeping the thread on topic.

Big J must be busy since he didn't come through and clear this thread out.

Thank you to all keeping the thread on topic.

Big J must be busy since he didn't come through and clear this thread out.

honestly, I let things go from time to time since a lot of frustration seems like it builds up in here. its the 1 thread I moderate that members crack slick on me consistently just because I moderate it. it also allows everyone to see who contributes vs who complains and why I usually just keep the free posting out of here.

honestly, I let things go from time to time since a lot of frustration seems like it builds up in here. its the 1 thread I moderate that members crack slick on me consistently just because I moderate it. it also allows everyone to see who contributes vs who complains and why I usually just keep the free posting out of here.
SMH.

Why get frustrated in the Outlet thread, just pointing out where shoes are currently available.  SMH.  Makes no sense.

Yeah I don't understand where all the frustration is coming from. If u don't like the deals don't cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom