Official Shoe Release/ Store Sale Thread DMV

Yeah, Adidas was crazy yesterday too. They're the only Adidas store around here doing the raffle so I assumed that was why so many people signed up. I suspect they may get the most pairs too. They also have an interesting release system that tries to stop backdooring so we'll see how that works out. Shrug. GRs for meezy.

I'm at adidas right now and the line wraps around the store. Everybody is here. Rednecks, hypebeasts, families...it's crazy. I'm pretty sure FTL is back dooring their pairs, but I'm here already so I might as well.

Just left, didn't bother signing up line was wrapped around the store and I didn't feel like lining up for an hour just for a .0042 chance

Was going to try and sign up at Towson but ended up going to Adidas instead. Anyone hear anything from Towson?

I went to towson on Monday and they had a table set up in front of the store. So even people that didn't know about the raffle entered. I waited at adidas for about 30 min. One of the employees said they got 40-45 pairs. Nice guy.

So nobody has been to shoe city yet? Today is the last day for shoe city and I'm thinking about going but always on the last day they stay on the iffy stuff.

I didn't even know Shoe City was getting the Yeezys. Sounds like most stores in DC backdoor a lot of pairs so I'm not even bothering. I bet Commonwealth backdoored all their pairs just like last time the PBs came out

Geez luckily I went during the snow on Monday so I didn't have to worry about any lines. Got in and got out.

damn, i didnt know shoe city was getting them this time around. i actually won at mondawmin last release.

Was going to try and sign up at Towson but ended up going to Adidas instead. Anyone hear anything from Towson?
I have two tickets in at Towson. They had a table out front Monday and Tuesday. I swear some people just read the sign and signed up anyway because it was free. May be worth seeing what doesn't get claimed after Friday.

I didn't even know Shoe City was getting the Yeezys. Sounds like most stores in DC backdoor a lot of pairs so I'm not even bothering. I bet Commonwealth backdoored all their pairs just like last time the PBs came out
why do u feel everything is backdoored? some of these are actual legit businesses that need to make their sales and the managers need to hit their numbers. tysons hoh is run by the book, i know the store manager there 

Because Commonwealth and Major have a history of backdooring. Commonwealth also backdoored all the PB 350s the last time they released. I have some friends who were completely lied to by employees the the last time the PBs came out. I've heard Commonwealth had its account with Nike suspended several years ago for doing the exact same thing.

Where there's money to be made businesses will jump at the opportunity. I'd be surprised if Tysons HOH only received less than 20 pairs of PBs for this release and none of them were sold to friends of the manager/s or employees or to anyone willing to pay over box price and happened to know the manager. It's not necessarily shady, it's just giving an unfair advantage to those willing to pay the price.

Edit: I also know a lot of Footlockers, Champs, etc. occasionally do shady deals for sought after kicks. I'm not an expert but I've known people who have made the connections and gotten pairs from backdoor dealings. This stuff happens.

Last edited:
Grabbed a ticket from Shoe City Eastover today. No line there were only a couple people in the store. There were only 7-8 other names signed up but the guy told me that wasn't the only list.

Because Commonwealth and Major have a history of backdooring. Commonwealth also backdoored all the PB 350s the last time they released. I have some friends who were completely lied to by employees the the last time the PBs came out. I've heard Commonwealth had its account with Nike suspended several years ago for doing the exact same thing.

Where there's money to be made businesses will jump at the opportunity. I'd be surprised if Tysons HOH only received less than 20 pairs of PBs for this release and none of them were sold to friends of the manager/s or employees or to anyone willing to pay over box price and happened to know the manager. It's not necessarily shady, it's just giving an unfair advantage to those willing to pay the price.

Edit: I also know a lot of Footlockers, Champs, etc. occasionally do shady deals for sought after kicks. I'm not an expert but I've known people who have made the connections and gotten pairs from backdoor dealings. This stuff happens.
Commonwealth maybe, Major doesn't backdoor, they just resell in plain view...and no tysons did not sell to the managers friends, charles is the manager there and he runs everything by the book. Raffle is done the proper way. Sure some spots the manager will pull tix for their friends but its gotten tougher nowadays. It doesn't happen at places that have strict systems and guidelines like a house of hoops. Dm's are aware of these situations and actually sometimes re raffle tix themselves or drop by unnanounced to make sure. Maybe at cmnwlth but not at alot of places like u make it seem. 

Commonwealth maybe, Major doesn't backdoor, they just resell in plain view...and no tysons did not sell to the managers friends, charles is the manager there and he runs everything by the book. Raffle is done the proper way. Sure some spots the manager will pull tix for their friends but its gotten tougher nowadays. It doesn't happen at places that have strict systems and guidelines like a house of hoops. Dm's are aware of these situations and actually sometimes re raffle tix themselves or drop by unnanounced to make sure. Maybe at cmnwlth but not at alot of places like u make it seem. 
yup commonwealth def backdoors, IM glad they didnt get pairs this time around and I hope they never get pairs again

yup commonwealth def backdoors, IM glad they didnt get pairs this time around and I hope they never get pairs again
They actually did get pairs this time around.

There was quite a bit of outcry about the 750s and I suspect that not all of Major's pairs were available to the public given that no one else in the area got the 750s.

I'm sure it's tougher where management isn't in on it, but I know there's enough shady stuff going on that it can dramatically impact your average person trying to get a shot at 10 pairs that should be 30 pairs.
What adidas store did you guys go to???
I went to Tysons.

Oh ok, thought Annapolis may have gotten them since people were talking about hitting up Towson AND adidas lol. You guys really did some driving for these raffles.

They actually did get pairs this time around.

There was quite a bit of outcry about the 750s and I suspect that not all of Major's pairs were available to the public given that no one else in the area got the 750s.

I'm sure it's tougher where management isn't in on it, but I know there's enough shady stuff going on that it can dramatically impact your average person trying to get a shot at 10 pairs that should be 30 pairs.

I went to Tysons.

What do u think major is doing?

They don't need to be secretive, they are shady it's out in the open and they don't care. They tax u 250 or whatever beforehand

Grabbed a ticket from Shoe City Eastover today. No line there were only a couple people in the store. There were only 7-8 other names signed up but the guy told me that wasn't the only list.

That shoe city and DTLR are somewhat forgotten. I won the PBs from that DTLR the last time around bc no one goes there lol. It's a random shopping center. They had 13 pairs last time and only 2 other people came to pick up the morning of RD.

That shoe city and DTLR are somewhat forgotten. I won the PBs from that DTLR the last time around bc no one goes there lol. It's a random shopping center. They had 13 pairs last time and only 2 other people came to pick up the morning of RD.

I need to go there b/c every time I'm checking inventory for a shoe at my job they're the only spot that has stuff in stock. People sleeping.

What do u think major is doing?

They don't need to be secretive, they are shady it's out in the open and they don't care. They tax u 250 or whatever beforehand

I think they save pairs for friends and customers they know and only offer the leftovers to the public.

Edit: And I've heard from several people that a lot of sneaker stores around the country choose winners by committee if it's a limited sneaker release.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom