Official Shoe Release/ Store Sale Thread DMV

No, they're there. I just walked passed it and saw the NMDs on display at the window...So, I assumed you were talking about them.

Are they a good show spot as well?

screw major. they're crooks. they charge you basically resell for hyped release ON release day even though you won their raffle or whatever. they also try to make you buy a shirt or some other **** if you do manage to win the raffle.

Last edited:
they're cheaper on GOAT
What's GOAT? 
nerd.gif

screw major. they're crooks. they charge you basically resell for hyped release ON release day even though you won their raffle or whatever. they also try to make you buy a shirt or some other **** if you do manage to win the raffle.
Thanks for the insight. Bummer that spots still make you buy a shirt or other accessories.

its a sneaker buying/selling app. the people at GOAT first verify that the shoes are legit before you can buy/sell. the prices are also set by the seller. so think of an ebay for just sneakers, but much better deals and you dont have to worry about getting scammed. you should check it out.

Quote:

For the love of god, please do not ever shop at Major.
Man didn't know they were that bad, picked up some Oregon Duck Nike Air Missions and some Grey AF1's, they seemed normal price.  No pressure to buy a shirt, that don't fly here.  I have no problems saying NO to anyone trying to spend MY money.

Quote:

Man didn't know they were that bad, picked up some Oregon Duck Nike Air Missions and some Grey AF1's, they seemed normal price.  No pressure to buy a shirt, that don't fly here.  I have no problems saying NO to anyone trying to spend MY money.
Good to hear. I actually meant to echo what @njavier03  said re: hyped releases. Still, not worth the business for normal purchases if they're gonna treat their big releases they're doing us a favor with their ridiculous policies and pricing.

I didn't know major still made you pay for their items if you still won the raffle....wonder what would happen if you could only afford the shoes

Locked up a pair of banned 1's there on Monday before the release but had to scoop another pair of shoes to do so...the price of no stress came out to about $100.
Glad it worked out for you. More times than not, you're looking at net cost being double what the shoes cost.

Does anyone know if the Nike Clearance Store in Woodbridge ever get anything good? May consider making the drive out there soon.

There's also an outlet store in Leesburg, correct?

i think potomac mills is just a regular outlet, unless its changed in the last year. dont waste your time with leesburg. that place is always dry.

Does anyone know if the Nike Clearance Store in Woodbridge ever get anything good? May consider making the drive out there soon.

Don't do it, I am there frequently as well as Leesburg.  I live in Gainesville so basically half way point to both, unless someone is returning something they bought online they never have anything.  However you might find something you think is a gem and I don't so visit both at your own risk.  Not many spots out in the suburbs get the "good stuff."  Black Friday or Christmas shopping Leesburg is your spot for the plethora of stores in one area, however to cop a new release I wouldn't recommend it.  A couple years ago Potomac Mills had an incident and they decided that none of the shoe stores would get major releases. 

I want to say the best outlet I have ever come across is the one in Orlando off international.  I picked up some Oreo IV's right off the shelf months after release.

i think potomac mills is just a regular outlet, unless its changed in the last year. dont waste your time with leesburg. that place is always dry.
Potomac Mills has been changed to a Clearance store as of a few months ago. I'd agree that Leesburg is dry, but I've found some decent items at Potomac Mills every so often.

If you absolutely need/want to make a trip to either store, I'd go with Potomac Mills since you'll be looking at better prices and a more diverse selection of things. Not sure if someone can chime in, but it seems that the Factory stores (Leesburg, National Harbor, etc.) get similar items, whereas the Clearance stores get all kinds of items at lower prices. The only experience I've had at a Clearance store was in Texas and they had scattered the Nikelab collabs of Sacai, Gyakusou, and FCRB. There's also a Clearance store in NYC that seems to get a ton of Nikelab items as well, which adds to my reasoning.

Last edited:

Don't do it, I am there frequently as well as Leesburg.  I live in Gainesville so basically half way point to both, unless someone is returning something they bought online they never have anything.  However you might find something you think is a gem and I don't so visit both at your own risk.  Not many spots out in the suburbs get the "good stuff."  Black Friday or Christmas shopping Leesburg is your spot for the plethora of stores in one area, however to cop a new release I wouldn't recommend it.  A couple years ago Potomac Mills had an incident and they decided that none of the shoe stores would get major releases. 

I want to say the best outlet I have ever come across is the one in Orlando off international.  I picked up some Oreo IV's right off the shelf months after release.
Gainesville's on NT
smokin.gif

And yeah, that I-Drive outlet is flames. Probably the best I've been to as well.

Back
Top Bottom