:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone know any good products for wrinkeled leather to give it that flat look again or any tips. Or is there nothing you can do?

Air Max 97
I've looked at all the restoration topics but don't really see a way to clean these up. The mesh is dirty, not sure how to clean these, I've read barkeepers friend but don't want to try anything to drastic b/c of the black around the mesh. The bottom of the sole is looking uncleanable, will sand paper clean this up?

So yeah, how to clean mesh and how to clean up soles that wont come clean with scrubbing and cleaner.

btw these are the ones i have http://nicekicks.com/imag...97-cool-grey-white-1.jpg

Thanks

I just got some NDS OG Concords, Im currently seaglowing them and it's about 80 degrees here. It got hot the sole started to seperate so I just went ahead and pulled it off. Has anyone tried seaglowing when the sole isn't attached? I know how to glue it back so that isn't a problem

i know this sounds pretty dumb, but just curious. will sz 9 wearable shoe trees protect a 9.5 shoe from creasing? i have sz 9 to 9.5 shoes so just wondering. it sucks that sizes cuts off( 7-9 and 9.5-12)thanks in advanced

JordanHead21 wrote:
I just got some NDS OG Concords, Im currently seaglowing them and it's about 80 degrees here. It got hot the sole started to seperate so I just went ahead and pulled it off. Has anyone tried seaglowing when the sole isn't attached? I know how to glue it back so that isn't a problem

This is a good thing for you, with the sole off you can really work the seaglow in from both sides. I don't know how yellow they are now but you should be able to get them looking pretty good.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

JordanHead21 wrote:

This is a good thing for you, with the sole off you can really work the seaglow in from both sides. I don't know how yellow they are now but you should be able to get them looking pretty good.

I'm going to try that.  I never thought about putting seaglow from both sides.  They aren't too yellow, surprisingly.  Just a little dim/darker than I would like.  Hopefully gluing it back wont be difficult

How about some tips for the Cool grey 9 and 11 material?? It's like a soft suede like fabric, ideas?

How about some tips for the Cool grey 9 and 11 material?? It's like a soft suede like fabric, ideas?

Originally Posted by moneymike88

a soft tooth brush and dish washing lliquid will clean those...its ok to scrub nubuck, not suede though

It's nubuck??? Feels much softer hrm, okay i'll give it a try.. Hopefully it doesn't ruin them lol, thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

a soft tooth brush and dish washing lliquid will clean those...its ok to scrub nubuck, not suede though

does this go the same for air max 97? looking to clean the mesh without messing up the black nubuck.

I was wondering if i could get some help... I followed the directions for bar keepers friend (basically added a little bit of water to form a paste and used a toothbrush to clean) on the white mesh of my dmp 11 yet after i dried it they still seemed to be a bit yellowed and for some reason they had black spots on them as well....

^When did the black spots appear? Before or after cleaning? They could be molds due to the moisture on the shoes. I just clean them again and let the shoe totally dry out before putting them back in storage.

I need some tips on how to protect shoes from water/rain. Im about to move from Sunny California to Rainy Orlando Florida. I have alot of shoe that are suede and nubuck (Dunk SBs and some Clarks Boots), and leather materials (Jordans), and nylon/mesh (Air Maxs).

What do you guys recommend for water/rain protectant on shoes? I heard it rains a ton in Orlando, so I just want to be prepared before I move there.

Originally Posted by glitch008

^When did the black spots appear? Before or after cleaning? They could be molds due to the moisture on the shoes. I just clean them again and let the shoe totally dry out before putting them back in storage.
they appeared after.. I tried cleaning them again but the spots dont seem to wanna come off

Any 1 know how to clean the tongue part on the carmines? Please let me know what i can use without damaging them. Tks

Originally Posted by jpena0306

seaglow - islandgirlproducts.com or look up seaglow on Google.

no its not seaglow its actually like a clear sheet that you cut out and put under your shoe to protect it..i used to have the site save on my computer but somehow it was erased

hey i just bought some concord 11s and i was pretty bum when the shoe needed to be glued back together. can anyone tell me what type of glue i should be buying and what kind of tips i need to know about restoring my shoes

Just worn my 2003 white cement 3s last saturday and after i got home i checked if  there are cracking on the paint in the mid sole particularly the black part below the air bubble... Thankfully none... However when i checked the plastic portion where the jumpman is located i noticed that on the right shoe the plastic has already cracked... Although its unoticeable since the plastic has already yellowed im wondering if there is a way to repair this...

Back
Top Bottom