:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I have a pair of '99 White Columbia Midnight Blue IVs. The lower soles have started to yellow pretty badly. Anyone have any suggestions on how to whiten them without having to repaint them...I was thinking of sanding them but any feedback is greatly appreciated . Thanks NT
happy.gif

I have these agassis that I really like to wear daily, I try to take care of them as much as I can but you can't prevent some dirt from sticking to them

So my question is whats the best way to white out these parts

n5llqw.jpg

izowut.jpg

2j2yg78.jpg

Also, can I stuff the shoes with some paper and iron them out for decreasing?

And if you can give me some advice for taking the odor out, they starting to stink a bit lol....putting them on a window for a day with no laces won't do the trick I guess?

Thanks 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by juicyju

Whats the best way to keep the soles of foamposites/sjs clean?

Clear soles are going to yellow no matter what but what you can do is clean the dirt off the soles with soap and water after every wear. But make sure the sole is completely dry before storing them back in the box. I've worn my space jams about 6x and my soles are still in good shape with very minor yellowing.

Originally Posted by coolnerd

I need some tips on how to protect shoes from water/rain. Im about to move from Sunny California to Rainy Orlando Florida. I have alot of shoe that are suede and nubuck (Dunk SBs and some Clarks Boots), and leather materials (Jordans), and nylon/mesh (Air Maxs).

What do you guys recommend for water/rain protectant on shoes? I heard it rains a ton in Orlando, so I just want to be prepared before I move there.
You can buy a waterproof spray at any shoe store.........It is safe on all materials including suede and nubuck

Originally Posted by Twobig4u247

I was wondering if i could get some help... I followed the directions for bar keepers friend (basically added a little bit of water to form a paste and used a toothbrush to clean) on the white mesh of my dmp 11 yet after i dried it they still seemed to be a bit yellowed and for some reason they had black spots on them as well....
This is a known problem with BKF it always leaves black spots...........after you have whitened the mesh try to clean the mesh with dish soap and toohbrush it should take the black off! In the future I would use RIT whitener!

Anyone have a list of NTers who seaglow Jordan XIs for other fellow NTers??
I pulled the soles off my 2000 Space Jams and need to seaglow them before I reglue them. Thanks

I have the white cement iv's and the leather is starting to yellow. Is there any way I can make them white again? Does oxy clean work?

anybody got any info on how to get rid of bleeding from jeans. My oreo's and griffeys got kinda +%@+$@ up

I Need Help With Cleaning My 09 Nubuck 12's
Just The Nubuck Part/Ive Tried The Baby Oil Method, Pics-With Out-Flash
21jvxac.jpg

ifs5l3.png

With Flash
kamdmd.png

The best glue to use in shoes is barge glue. It can be found at any boot and shoe repair shop. Imagine that!

Dude, yeah just wear black shoes or boots with your jeans the first 10-15 times you wear them and when you pull out the white kicks finally you should be good. I have never had a problem with well washed jeans staining any whit shoes. Your other option is get some cheap white shoes to wear with jeans and buy some dope sweats/khakis/cargo's to wear with your white shoes, or the most obvious save the white shoes for shorts weather and playing ball. I wear my year old jeans tucked in my colizone 8's and 25th Anniversary Nines all the time tucked in and they never stain my shoes.

Dude, yeah just wear black shoes or boots with your jeans the first 10-15 times you wear them and when you pull out the white kicks finally you should be good. I have never had a problem with well washed jeans staining any whit shoes. Your other option is get some cheap white shoes to wear with jeans and buy some dope sweats/khakis/cargo's to wear with your white shoes, or the most obvious save the white shoes for shorts weather and playing ball. I wear my year old jeans tucked in my colizone 8's and 25th Anniversary Nines all the time tucked in and they never stain my shoes.
pimp.gif

I have lived in Oregon my whole life where it rains a ton, suede and rain are a no go no matter what you do to treat it. Keep all your suede kicks in the closet unless there is no water on the ground. Nubuck on the other hand is a different story, where suede gets stained by water Nubuck just changes texture, but it takes years of consistent wear in the rain for that to happen. My adviceis go get some Gortex Timb's, I have had a pair for 8 years and they look the same as the day I bought them. On the bright side when it rains if you avoid mud, oils, and various other crap, it will clean your soles up a little, just be careful where you step, but with the acid in rain today especially in large cities, you probably want to dry the leather asap.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by eer2eer

anybody got any info on how to get rid of bleeding from jeans. My oreo's and griffeys got kinda +%@+$@ up

Read the first page dude, its got its own section.

So I know this has been discussed on NT before but I feel that it is worth bringing up due to the releases of all of the anniversary edition shoes. Seeing that these shoes are all white my first reaction is that they will obviously yellow. How are you guys who don’t plan on wearing these for a few months or years planning on stocking? If I don’t throw silica packs or anything in with them is the 2 gallon ziplock still a bad idea? I would like to keep these kicks from yellowing. On the soles or on the upper. I know the XI are not prone to cracking so I’m thinking they will be fine in a ziplock. What about my anniversary IX? Did any of you put your 2009 Jams in Ziplocks? Are Ziplocks a good idea?

No need to store them in a ziplock, it will not slow the yellowing process imo! Store your kicks in a cool dark area and you are good to go, there are 1.6 million opinions about this, but in my experience people over think this big time!

Originally Posted by giraffeishungry

I just got my 09 space jams and theres a stain on the midsole. can anyone tell me how to remove it? thanks

I have the same stain on one of my ds space jams. Hope someone knows a good way to remove it.

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

So I know this has been discussed on NT before but I feel that it is worth bringing up due to the releases of all of the anniversary edition shoes. Seeing that these shoes are all white my first reaction is that they will obviously yellow. How are you guys who don’t plan on wearing these for a few months or years planning on stocking? If I don’t throw silica packs or anything in with them is the 2 gallon ziplock still a bad idea? I would like to keep these kicks from yellowing. On the soles or on the upper. I know the XI are not prone to cracking so I’m thinking they will be fine in a ziplock. What about my anniversary IX? Did any of you put your 2009 Jams in Ziplocks? Are Ziplocks a good idea?

i was told take the paper out the box, as i just did w. my 25th anny xi's bc i got a few pairs stored. also keep it in a cool place w. no light, like a closet. but obv a closet is gonna get hot when its hot out if u dont got AC in ur room. i didnt believe this whole takin paper out shizz, but i also have a pair of DS raging bull red V's and they been stored, one shoe is sooo icy its not even funny and one shoe is mad icy but its been on the paper n they yellowed a tiny tiny bit, so now i am a believer of taking the paper out of the box when u store them!!!!

FriscoSoLE09 wrote:
Will seaglow work at least a little on a sort of a cloudy day? (slightly)

Thats just a wast of seaglow, wait until its nice and sunny.

For the stain on the Space Jams, what is that on it ?  I'm not sure about that maybe try the Mr clean magic eraser.

Back
Top Bottom